Daehyun

Online Dating

Daehyun took a deep breath, clearing his voice and checking once more to make sure his freshly cut black hair was perfectly in place. For this video he had planned to walk through another recipe, a classic on his YouTube channel. After all, it was dedicated to food.Though recently Daehyun had delved into the world of vlogging, and his subscribers couldn’t seem to get enough of it for some reason. He’d considered making a separate channel for vlogs, and doing maybe two a week, but so far he hadn’t gotten around to doing anything like that. With a loud clap, Daehyun synched the audio and he the camera, red light beeping on to indicate that it was filming. Time to get started.

 

Making videos was always fun for Daehyun. He got to share his knowledge of cooking with others who were just as enthusiastic as he was about the topic, plus it gave him a pretty good excuse to make himself amazing food and try out new recipes all the time.Though he supposed he really didn’t need an excuse to do so. His channel had gotten much more popular than he’d ever imagined, and as he began to film his video for the day he felt proud of the job he had made for himself. It was quite different from anything the ‘average Joe’ would do for work, but that was something he treasured about making these videos.

 

One filming was over it was time to edit, something Daehyun wasn’t the best at. He usually got help from his roommate, Junhong, but the younger boy was currently visiting his parents in his home town for a small vacation. With a sigh he pulled out his computer chair and took a seat, turning his computer on and spinning from left to right as he waited for it to boot up. Once everything was ready he pulled up the necessary programs and got to work. The process always took a long time and Daehyun a bit of music, hoping it would help his task become more enjoyable. Sadly it didn’t. After awhile he only became frustrated and decided to take a break, knowing it couldn’t be too long if he wanted the video up by the end of the day.

 

He got up and went to the living room, plopping down onto the small yet comfy couch and reaching for the remote on the coffee table in front of him. Daehyun lazily flipped through the channels, not finding anything that quite met his interests. Eventually he decided to settle on a reality show, not bothering to check which one it was. He brushed a strand of his dark hair out of his eyes and mindlessly watched as drama unfolded on the television screen before him.

 

Around a half hour or so later, when the episode had ended, he dragged himself from the comfort of the sofa and trudged his way back into his bedroom, or office as it was currently being used as. As he picked up where he left off the day continued to slowly pass, and when he finally did the finished touches and edits, the sun looked like it was nearly ready to set. It was a bit later than Daehyun hoped he would have finished, but on the bright side he’d at least completed the task. With a small satisfied smile tugging at the corner of his lips he opened the web browser and navigated to YouTube to upload his video. Something caught the corner of his eye as he he went back to the main page, a video in his suggested with a cute looking guy in the thumbnail. Curious, he clicked on it, watching the content with a small smile on his plush lips.

 

Daehyun ended up watching nearly every video the guy had, Youngjae, he soon found out his name was, Yoo Youngjae. The videos ranged from informative tips to silly collaborations with friends and other YouTubers, and Daehyun enjoyed all of them. Especially the vlogs, small snippets of everyday life Daehyun for some reason found excessively interesting. He supposed now he could see why his vlogs were so popular, maybe he should follow through with his plan and make a separate channel for them. He’d also found out that they had been following his YouTube channel for quite some time, so he easily returned the favor.

 

His eyes glanced to the time as another video finished and his dark eyes widened considerably, 11:41pm?! He wasn’t quite sure how he had so easily lost track of time but he had meant to head to bed hours ago. He had to pick up Junhong from the airport tomorrow at five the next morning and now he wasn’t sure he was going to be able to wake himself up in time to do so. A few short curses left Daehyun’s mouth and he closed his laptop, getting ready for bed and making sure everything was ready for him tomorrow morning as quickly as he could before going to bed.

He slept easy, not taking long to fall asleep once he had made his way into his soft bed and rested his dark hair atop his pillow. He fell asleep on his back and ended up staying that way until the repetitive beeping of his alarm awoke him the next morning.