Hope Floats

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight pours into the room, breaking through the sheer curtains like a rude, uninvited guest. Jungkook groans and sighs at the bright surroundings. He cracks an eye open and grimaces. He tries pulling his left arm up wanting- no, needing to cover his eyes from the illumination. Much to his dismay, he’s unable to move his arm, something has it pinned to the mattress. Drowsiness clings to his mind, and Jungkook’s having a hard time wiping away the cobwebs that keep him from figuring out why he can’t move. Panic is spreading as he slowly realizes it’s not just his arm but his entire body that is trapped. He considers screaming, maybe yelling, but doesn’t when he hears soft and breathing in his ear.

He remembers.

Taehyung.

Not a what, but a who has him tied to the firm mattress, and honestly Jungkook couldn’t be happier. He feels the smile creeping across his lips, tugging at the corners of his mouth causing his cheeks to puff out. Taehyung, Taehyung, beautiful, lovely, charming Taehyung is in his bed. Adjusting his position so that he’s more on his side than his back has Taehyung falling into his chest more. He’s able to prop himself up slightly. Not only is the position more comfortable, having given him back the use of his arm, but from this vantage point, he has a better view the slim man.

Taehyung’s striking features really shouldn’t be a shock any longer, Jungkook thinks to himself. He should be used to it, but he’s not, and truthfully, Jungkook knows he never will be. How does one get used to ethereal beauty? he wonders. Apparently the sun is a fan of Taehyung’s skin, shining its rays directly on the man’s melanin, causing it to look like a sweet caramel mocha. His glowing, sun-kissed, honey skin is such a precious gift, and Jungkook can’t fathom how he was ever able to walk away from it.

Taehyung makes a face in his sleep, wiggling his nose cutely before raising a hand to scratch at the tip. Jungkook chuckles softly at the action, still slightly blown away at how effortlessly Taehyung toggles between Adonis and cherub. The night didn’t go as planned, not by any means.

 

Previous Evening

The ride home is excruciating, stealing touches and pecks at red lights only fuels the flames burning deep inside them both. Jungkook’s heart is beating- no, pounding against his chest. He wants to touch Taehyung so badly, and these stolen moments in between driving are making him crazy. He’s a man; he has needs, and right now those needs are consuming him. So yeah, the drive home is hell, but in the best possible way.

This is the third light they’ve stopped at, and Jungkook is having a hard time paying attention to the road Taehyung’s tongue in his mouth is very distracting, not to mention the way the man’s fingers are digging into his thigh. Taehyung’s long digits are traveling inward, dangerously, dangerously close to Jungkook’s near hard member, and the action is currently causing a situation in front of his pants.

“If you want us to make it home alive,” Jungkook groans the words into Taehyung’ mouth, tightening his hand on the gear stick, “you’re going to have to stop doing that.”

Taehyung is apparently feeling rebellious, Jungkook gathers when the only response he gets is the back of the man’s hand rubbing against the bulge in his pants.

“, ,” he sputters, air escaping his lungs in broken, hard puffs.

He doesn’t notice that the light is green until the car behind him honks furiously, causing him to curse once again. The loud horn is enough to make Taehyung move back into his seat, and Jungkook is simultaneously relieved and saddened by the action.

Pulling into the driveway is the new Mecca. The promised land is now within reach, and Jungkook no longer has to try to regain conscious thought after Taehyung scrambles his brain with kisses and touches at traffic lights. They’re home. Getting out of the car should be the first order of business, but Taehyung has teased his desire and want to the brim while all he could do was sit, take it, and pray to God that they didn’t crash into a tree. Thank you, God, for listening, Jungkook says a quick prayer before leaning into Taehyung’s space, completely catching the man off guard.

“It’s only fair that I get to initiate a kiss, don’t you think?” he questions, and he knows he's smirking. He can feel it, but the look on Taehyung’s face is fueling his smugness.

Without giving the smaller man a chance to respond, he sneaks his hand behind Taehyung’s neck and pulls him into a heated kiss. Taehyung shudders against him, and it only serves to heighten the need seething in the depths of Jungkook’s groin. He wonders as his tongue explores the warm caverns of Taehyung’s mouth, if their relationship has always been this passionate. Something tells him it was, and again he wonders why? Why he would walk away?

The realization of the question hits like a ton of bricks, and he pulls away. A soft smile escapes as Taehyung, with eyes still closed, moans and chases after his lips.

“No, Taehyung,” the words are painful to say. He wants this, more than he’s wanted anything in his life.

The desire to touch Taehyung, to feel the man come apart beneath him, on top of him, wherever the hell he chooses to, is not merely a physical one. It’s more than that. Jungkook doesn’t just want ; he wants a connection, he wants intimacy, he wants to claim what is rightfully his and never let it go again.

“What? What’s wrong?” Taehyung asks as he slowly comes out of his haze.

“Nothing's wrong,” Jungkook tells him and chuckles at the irony. “In fact, everything’s perfect. You’re perfect and beautiful, and you make the most

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter