Chapter 3

I Got You

a/n: I am very sorry for not updating for the past 2 weeks. I've been busy with thesis and defense and a lot of paper works to do ;__; I am very stressed out these past few weeks and everyone in the uni and even in our house is not helping ;_; well, I hope you guys enjoy this update! <3 


Seungcheol now went inside the room. He doesn't know why he is feeling nervous but he feel relieved when he saw the HR manager. 'Ms. Kwon Boa, Head Chairwoman of the Human Resource Department' says on the manager's name plate.

 

"Mr. Choi Seungcheol, please have a seat." says Ms. Kwon. Seungcheol took the seat in front of the desk.

 

There's a stack of paper in her desk. Seungcheol thought it was all the applicants' resumés, curroculum vitaes, and applications. She took a folder from the stack and looked for Seungcheol's.

 

Ms. Kwon is now reading his resumé and application. He was feeling nervous.

 

The manager is thoroughly reading and viewing his papers. She took about 10 minutes to read his papers. After reading, Ms. Kwon looked at him.

 

"Well, your resumé and application are quite impressive." Seungcheol can not hide his smile after hearing those words from Ms. Kwon.

 

"It says here that you're a scholar at Pledis University. That's nice." Seungcheol nodded still smiling.

 

"The trainings and seminars that you've attended are high profiles." She added.

 

Then silence took over the room. Seungcheol is anxious right now. His palms are sweating, his feet can't keep calm, and his heart is beating fast. The silence lasted for about 5 minutes.

 

"Okay, Seungcheol-ssi. We accept your application." The HR manager said, smiling softly at Seungcheol.

 

Seungcheol cannot believe this. He was strucked. He wanted to jump and shout but he needs to conceal his feelings right now. He doesn't want to put up a bad impression.

 

"Really?!" Seungcheol smiling so widely.

 

"Yes. And you are very qualified." Ms. Kwon confirmed to Seungcheol.

 

Happiness is tolling over his body. Hearing what Ms. Kwon said about him, he felt so overwhelmed.

 

He didn't expect that he will be accepted right away. He thought this interview will be rough and bloody.

 

She gave him a sheet of paper. "Present this once you will start your internship here. We are happy that you chose Yoon Corporation for your internship even though you already know that we rarely accept interns." She said to Seungcheol with a smile.

 

"Thank you, Ms. Kwon! This is so unbelievable. Thank you for accepting me! I will work hard!" Seungcheol is beyond happy.

 

"We are expecting you this summer break. You can now go Seungcheol-ssi." Ms. Kwon said.

 

"Thank you again, Ms. Kwon! See you this summer break." Seungcheol said with so much enthusiam.

 

He got up on his seat and bowed 90 degrees to Ms. Kwon. He exited the room with a smile. He still can't believe that he got in. He is now an intern at Yoon Corporation I repeat, Yoon Corporation. His dream company.

 

He went home and smile was plastered over his face. He just can't help it. He reached the dorm and saw no one. He checked the time and it's only 10 in the morning. "They've must gone to their classes." He said to himself, referring to Soonyoung and Jihoon. He laid down on his bed and set his alarm at 2 pm because he still have a class at 2:30 pm. He closed his eyes and fall to sleep.

 

He woke up to the sound of plastic bags rustling, he saw Soonyoung with plastic bags and unpacking some, maybe, groceries. The three of them agreed that they will take turns when buying groceries.

 

He checked the time and it's 1:50 pm. He heard a grumbling sound and it was his stomach. He heard Soonyoung chuckled.

 

"Hyung, I bought some fried chicken. Come here and let's eat."

 

"Where's Jihoon? I thought we're gonna eat together."

 

"He went to Yoongi hyung's room.'

 

"What is he doing there?"

 

"Maybe producing. Their professor told them to collaborate with one senior."

 

"Oh. Let's just left him some."

 

The two started to eat and after they finished their meal, they left and keep some fried chicken for Jihoon.

Seungcheol checked the time and it's already 2:20 pm.

 

"Oh ! I'm gonna be late." He nearly forgot that he still have a class. He didn't mind to change clothes. He grabbed his bag and wear his shoes quickly.

 

He rushed to the door and said goodbye to Soonyoung. He went downstairs and started to run towards the Business Department building. He arrived at the class hall 10 minutes later than the time of his class, sweating hard. Luckily, their professor isn't around yet. He spotted Taehyung and sat beside him.

 

"Seungcheollie boy! There you a- what the bro, you're sweaty!" Taehyung exclaimed.

 

"I ing ran from the dorm!"

 

"So how's the interview?"

 

"I got accepted, Tae! I ing got accepted!"

 

"Oh bro, congratulations!"

 

"Thanks! How 'bout you? How's your application at Big Hit?"

 

"They told me that they would call me before summer break. I hope they will accept me."

 

"Don't worry, you'll be accepted."

 

Then their professor came and started his lecture. He announced the schedule of the final examination and thesis defense of the class. Summer break is approaching so fast. They only have 2 weeks until the semester ends.

 

A week had passed and the day of their thesis defense came and the group of Seungcheol is ready. They’ve been practicing what to say and do in front of the panel for the past week. They are confident that they would do well.

 

Seungcheol picked a number that will serve as their turn. He opened the paper and revealed that they will be the third one to present. First group went to the defense room and finished for about an hour. Then the second group went in and they last for an hour and a half. Then it was their turn already.

 

As the group went inside defense room and presented their business study, the panels were impressed of their study and presentation. Their study was near to perfection. They just need to revise some things and they’re done with the thesis. The panels gave them a good grade.

 

A week after their thesis defense has done, it was now the start of the summer break. And it means that it is time for the internship.