Sapphire and Zircon

In My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

On the fourth day doesn’t really much different. The night before, Seunghyun’s parents were stayed and Tiffany was fall asleep on her seat while leaning onto Seunghyun’s bed when she was reading the Wine book for him. When she woke up, someone had put a blanket over her, she don’t know who, but it’s either Mr. Choi or Mrs. Choi.

 

In the morning, Seunghyun’s dad got them their breakfast and they’d eat together. When Seunghyun’s breakfast came, like usual he would asked her to feed him. This time Tiffany would just do it without a fight.

 

When Seunghyun ate his breakfast and Tiffany feed him, mommy Choi would share a story of Seunghyun when he was young. Apparently he used to (or probably still) be a clingy kids especially to his mom. Mommy Choi said maybe because he’s the youngest or maybe because he doesn’t have or make much friends. He also used to be such a troublemaker. There were a lots of time when he would purposely running around their house only in underwear when his parents’ guests were there. Seunghyun would laugh at that, and doesn’t even feel sorry at all.

 

Mommy Choi also share the story when Seunghyun choose his path of career. She said they once wished Seunghyun would follow his dad’s career path, but actually know Seunghyun isn’t that strong or most especially lazy to do physical job. When he was in highschool and starting to went deep with his rap career, he would always left his parents in nervous and worried every night. It’s not that they don’t trust their son, they know he’d been taught and grow up really well mannered. It’s just the place, a club, he would always went to almost every night, isn’t actually a place every parents want their kids to spent most of the time. A lot of things could happened in there especially when one was drunk and couldn’t control their mind and actions.

 

His marks was another story. It was ever since he told his parents that he had choose his path of career and actually already make money from that, his mark was getting worse and worse. Daddy Choi would showed his disappointment and Seunghyun for several days couldn’t face him though behind of that he would grumbled that he don’t need those good marks for Rap. Mommy Choi on her part, wanted, really wanted to support him but don’t really understand what he do and how to support him. It’s not like she can just showed up to that club to show her support for her son. Seunghyun would probably be embarrassed in front of his friends. “Teenagers”, she’d said.

 

They recalled, they were only a little relief when Seunghyun told them that he might join an Entertainment company, YG.Ent. They thought, at least he would have someone who will manage him and his talent properly rather than roaming around not sure where he set his dream.

 

Seunghyun then, would kiss his mom’s hand thanked her for have a faith on him and said, “I don’t actually that disappointing, do i?” he grinned. He’d share the story after he told his parent that he will joined YG. His mother would make those diet food for his meals and bought some work out stuff after he told her the company want him to lose some weight. They would laughed when Seunghyun told her that his mom even had a note book of meals to watch over the nutritions and calories he ate everyday.

 

They then would asked Tiffany, how she was when she was young, or if her parent use to be Korean citizen or already an US citizen.

 

She’d told them it’s actually from both of her grandparents. They used to be a group students from korea in the US despite the racial conflict that happened in there. When the new law made they would given a choice to stay as the US citizen or to move back as soon as they graduated. They stayed because they have to watch over their Korean junior because despite all the government do a lot of people still very racists.

 

“dad is a businessman. He is running a business he inherited from gandpa. My mom, well she was actually just a housewife. But she used to be a dancer and enjoyed it very much. So she openen a studio for dance class for anyone who like to joint. I did my first ballet class with her at the age three.” She said with a dreamy smile on her face remembering how excited she was when her mom told her she could learn and bought her the cute pink tutu.

 

“I’m a youngest too, and used to following my mom around too. My brother, my sister, and even my cousins used to call me my mom’s tail because I would go wherever she go. And actually didn’t make that much friend too at that age…” she looked at Seunghyun in understanding their similarity. “I preferred to play with my barbies. I have a huge collection of Barbie at home. Almost every week I went to Disneyland with mom and dad, and I would insisted to check on this store if they have a new Barbie that I haven’t have” she chuckled at the thought of how spoiled she used to when she was a kid.

 

“it was until mom was sick and didn’t go to anywhere and I had to listen to my sisters because mom said I should listen to her. So I did and began to make a lot of friends at school and play a lot more outside. It was getting worse when mom died” she gave a sad smile and just looking down to her and Seunghyun’s hands. He was brushed make a circle with his thumb on the back of her hand reassuring.

 

“I mean, it’s just we grew apart and have our own way to coping up, I guess. Dad back to his work, even busier actually. My sister just got in to university and had to stay at dorm. My brother, well we were teenagers and we just preferred to hang out with our own friends. On those days I spent a lot of time hang out with my friend at the mall like we are some kind of IT girl who can rule the world and no one can stop us” she rolled her eyes at ridiculous she had been. “or sometime at the weekend we would go to the beach and getting tanned. When people asked we would like ‘oh no, I’m naturally tanned…’ as if…” she said with a soft chuckle. She heard her three companion let out a soft chuckled too.

 

“as how I become I am now, it was actually because of a dare from my friend. I mean, I actually dreamed to be a singer since I was young because my sister really good at singing and would participated in a lot of competitions. So I want to be like her too. But back then it was more like just a dream to wish to become a singer there. A lot of people are still racist, if you’re not white or black then it’s hard to make it in American entertainment industry and back then I’ve never got singing lesson and all, I was just singing when I want to. Until my friend showed me this amazing Korean singer, Boa sunbaenim, that I thought everything is possible. So one year after I’ve become her fan, my friend dared me to participated in one of singing competition just two days before the competitions day. I did it because of my pride, I mean we were just a teenagers who like to play around. If I was bad then we could just laugh it off like a joke, and if I was good I can flip my hair to everyone.” She then giggling at her teenagers memories.

 

“on the day of competition, I was so shock and nervous. Apparently it was a competition for all age and I was the youngest contestant. But to my surprise I make it to become the winner. And after the competition a lot of scouting from a some entertainment companies gave me their business card. It was a lot I was so happy that it’s actually more meaningful than my trophy and prize” she was giggling again. How can a few cards make her that happy?

 

“so after I did so many research of each company, though I admit I was already biased to SM because it was where Boa sunbaenim come from. I choose SM and was going to sign the contract when dad strongly objected it. But I was so stubborn, this is what I want and tried to fight him and didn’t talk for two days until he finally gives in and helped me with a lot of things I might need like some documents to credit card. So I flew here two weeks after that competition” she grinned to the older couple.

 

“how old were you back then?” mommy Choi asked.

 

“I was fifteen…” she said.

 

“that was too young…” daddy Choi looked so shocked.

 

“yeah, but back then I’ve already thought I was old enough”

 

“Teenagers…” Mommy Choi muttered again and they all laughed.

 

“but actually, “ Tiffany continued, “on my first day of my actual schedule, which is one week later after I was arrived, I was already want to give up” they all laughed again. “but my pride hold me. I told dad that this is what I want and I will work hard, so I did. I even add mandarine and Japanese class in my schedules. So everyday I tried to go to school like other kids, I joined the cheerleader and debate club, after that I went to my regular Korean class because I didn’t know to speak Korean back then, then went to SM practice my dancing and singing, joined mandarin class and Japanese class. Sometime I would also teaching English for other trainees”

 

“aigoo… you must be really exhausted back then” mommy Choi patted her back.

 

Tiffany smiled at the older woman, “I did, but I’m thankful for that and I’m actually enjoyed it. At least it kept me busy and not thinking useless things and also makes me stay out of trouble”

 

“it must be took a lot of courage for such a young girl to do that..” Seunghyun’s dad commented.

 

But Tiffany wittily said, “I was barely a teenager that time, not like I was actually knew better…” that earned more laughed from them.

 

 

 

……………………………………………………………

 

 

 

Hyeyoon and Yeonjun come again to the hospital right before lunch time. Like usual. They also brought Tiffany and her parents their lunches. Yeonjun  though, couldn’t be separated from the pink bear mp3 player. It was the first thing he wants when they arrived at the room, and Hyeyoon quickly put the tiny chain around his neck so he wouldn’t drop it.

 

After the lunch time, some visitors began to come. Today, most of them are Seunghyun’s actors and actresses friends. She notice most of them are actors and actresses he had play with in his movie, but there were also including Lee Jun Jae and his girlfriend.

 

Tiffany was so thankful that she had done feeding Seunghyun his lunch. She doesn’t want to face them, in fact she doesn’t like a lot of actor and actress’ attitude. A lot of them are snobby and thinking they are above her just because she is an idol. From all them who came today she only could tolerate SeKyung, it was only because she was close with Jonghyun and they were hang out together one time. The other not so much, especially that they actually couldn’t hide their surprise and weird look they give her when they see SNSD Tiffany is there with Seunghyun. So she prefers to stay at the waiting room with Hyeyoon who apparently don’t really like to be associate with Seunghyun’s famous friends.

 

So the two women settle in the waiting room while talking to each other and play with Yeonjun.

 

In the past few days, Tiffany have grew closer with Hyeyoon. They would share stories together, Tiffany even open up about what happened with her and Nichkhun. Just like her sister, Hyeyoon also think that her relationship with him is not healthy anymore, and if she and him want to continue they should give more time to think again if they can understand and tolerate each other, not get back together just because they couldn’t handle for being not together.

 

Tiffany actually agreed with her. She and Nichkhun would always back together because they both would missed each other so much, or they’d care and worrying each other that the thought of not knowing the other’s well being and that they aren’t together anymore were scaring them and they’d back together again. Then, when things gone bad, when they have different opinions, or too busy schedules, or even just some childish jealousy, they would be easily break up again, probably because they thought they could be easily to back together again.

 

The two also playing and helping Yeonjun who was coloring his book. Tiffany then randomly put the cropped long white paper on Yeonjun’s head and drawing a big red spot on it using his red crayon to make it look like a bandage like Seunghyun’s. Yeonjun was grinning when they showed him that through the mirror, then he was running from to the other room where Seunghyun and his guests were.

 

Tiffany closed her eyes, she should have knew by now that Yeonjun would always went to his uncle to show him whatever it is he have.

 

She look at each other with Hyeyoon for a second, probably trying to think which one of them is dare to get the little boy. They could already heard Seunghyun’s hearty laugh, something that Tiffany and his family rarely heard. Then Tiffany gives in and went to the room and looking and bowed a little bit to apologize to their guests because of the interruption.

 

“samchon…” Yeonjun said turned to Tiffany while putting his hand on his head, still too proud that he have the same head thing like Samchon’s.

 

“yes, you have the same bandage too. Come on finish your coloring…” Tiffany tried to get him out of the room, but it seems like he doesn’t want to.

 

“uppy… imo, uppy…” Yeonjun held up his hands so Tiffany would carry him, but he also tapping Seunghyun’s bed means he also wanted to put in that bed too like Samchon.

 

“Just put him here, we will be fine..” Seunghyun said moving a little bit to give more space for his nephew. Tiffany then put him in to it so they both now having the same bandages and lay down together. Even their guests are laughing at his cuteness.

 

When Tiffany sit beside them to hold the little baby so he would fell down, Yeonjun then took her hand and kiss it. Tiffany was surprise with that action but Seunghyun was laughing again making Tiffany turned red.

 

“imo.. imo..” Yeonjun tugged her so she would look at him, when she did, “aaa.. imo, aaa” she said pointing to his mouth which she recognize he was asking to be feed. Seunghyun laughed again, Tiffany turned even redder in embarrassing.

 

“it’s because of you…” Tiffany blamed Seunghyun and tried to pinch him on the rib. It was embarrassing, and he even manage to tell their guest what it’s all about.

 

Some of them were laughed, some other was just smiling that didn’t reach their eyes.

 

Eat that es! It’s me he would make sure to kiss every night, every morning, everytime he saw me. And he doesn’t care if I’m just a lowly idol! She thought hotly, she had the urge to flip her hair or something, but she tried really hard to hold it.

 

“I told you many times be careful of the little ears and eyes…” she whined again sweetly, but Seunghyun just laughed and catch her hand and kiss it. “yaaa… oppa!” but that naughty man was just laughed, he didn’t care if there’s Yeonjun or his parents, or even his friends. This time though Yeonjun was laughed too…

 

“imo po ppo…” he said, and Tiffany kissed his chubby cheek and tried to get him.

 

“come on little man, let’s finish your drawing then we will show samchon how handsome we make his picture…” this time Yeonjun let Tiffany to carry him.

 

“oh? You draw my picture?” Seunghyuns asked.

 

“of course… please don’t forget to visit our gallery next month. Our very talented artist Mr. Yeonjun will debut his first show…” Tiffany jokingly said as she bring Yeonjun back to the waiting room.

 

 

 

……………………………………………………………………

 

 

 

On the fifth day, Seunghyun’s parents couldn’t stay at the hospital. There was some kind of anniversary event for military and Seunghyun’s dad as someone who have a good position in there had to come with his wife.

 

The night before Tiffany was staying in her dorm and went back to the hospital in the morning with breakfast for the elder couple with the help of Sunny. She lied to her friend saying that she was going on picnic with her friend Yeonjun’s mom and friend. Sunny at first thought maybe they should make something really cute for Yeonjun because apparently she had fall for the little boy’s cheekiness. But Tiffany said, Yeonjun’s mom probably already prepared something for her son.

 

Tiffany didn’t know that Seunghyun’s parents were going to attend that event. She was feeling bad for staying at her dorm last night. But the couple assured her that she also need more rest and their colleagues will understands if they’re, as the couple also planned to come a bit late, because their friends knows that their son is currently in the hospital. So for that day, Tiffany was alone with Seunghyun until lunch time where it was the usual time of Hyeyoon and Yeonjun to come.

 

When she was alone with Seunghyun, she was staying on her side. They were talking, about a lot of things excluding their ‘relationship’. Tiffany has been right, after she read The Tears of Mermaid to Seunghyun, he was become interest to pearls. Apparently when it comes to stones, both have the same dislike for diamonds, too uncharacteristic they said. Tiffany like Zircon and Topaz, though she actually also like the classicness of ruby, garnet, emerald and sapphire. Seunghyun, like the other stones equally. He said they all have their own characters unlike diamond.

 

“if I’m going to describe you with one stone,” he said, and Tiffany was surprise but really anticipating what he would said next. “I think you are, hmmmmm Zircon…”

 

“oh? Why is that?” she asked. She kinda like aquamarine. It’s bit like diamond, but the bluish on it make it more beautiful.

 

“because you’re not pure or perfect like diamond. I mean no one is perfect. The bluish color on it actually making anyone who sees it feel fresh like it’s something the cool and the most refreshing clean water or even ice. Your unperfectness, your loudness that sometime make people think you’re annoying,” he paused because Tiffany slapped his arm. “oww, listen first okay? Where was I before?”

 

“my loudness that make people get annoyed” Tiffany said shortly.

 

“right. Your unperfectness, your loudness and too friendly actually make people around you would never feel lonely. Your hai’s or smiles for someone who you talk can brightening the whole place and people’s feeling. It’s refreshing and beautiful…” he ended. Tiffany couldn’t say anything, somehow he could make her flaws become so right and beautiful. Her eyes began to water, but she tried really hard not to let it out, instead she just kiss him on the cheek, and he was grinning. As if he was winning something or that was actually he had anticipated for saying those words.

 

“your turn. What stone do you think I am?”

 

“hmmmm…” I don’t really know you,Tiffany thought. But she thought again to choose one that describe him, though she doesn’t really know him but maybe she could examined some of those character she had learn from these past few days.

 

“I think you are Sapphire.” She finally said.

 

“and why is that?” he asked. Shifting his body a little bit as if he wanted to have a better look and anticipated of what she would say.“

 

“I think Sapphire is Classy and mysterious just like you. Although it’s not as mysterious as emerald but it look mysterious enough. It’s also look masculine yet still pretty. You’re probably the most masculine Korean actor and idol I’ve ever knew, yet still have that beautiful face as beautiful as you mom. How is that even possible?” she said teasingly at the last part.

 

Seunghyun laugh, “but this beautiful man only have his eyes on you…” he brought her face to give a kiss on her lips.

 

And oh, Pearls? They both agree pearls are the most beautiful and treasured the most… and Seunghyun actually asked Tiffany to teach him about investation next time because he was intrigue with pearls business, after Wine of course.

 

 

 

On the lunch time Hyeyoon come with Yeonjun who was just comeback from school. Apparently from Hyeyoon’s story, his school is going to have a little event where santa is going to give t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter