My Girlfriend Miyoung

In My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s almost two hours since Seunghyun woken up. The doctor had checked him and it’s turned out he was fine. Although they still need to check on his head any further later on just to be sure because the cause of his critical condition and comatose days ago was because of the hit on his head. In fact, aside from that he seemed fine, just his left arm that was still on cast and his bandaged forehead. Another small cuts on his skin are starting to dry out. Over all he seem fine.

 

Seunghyun was even able to sit on his bed and let his nephew sit on his lap. He was talked animatedly with everyone. In fact he look cheerful as if he was just woke up from a really good sleep and that it wasn’t him who makes everyone worried sick since days ago.

 

His room was… bright and full of gifts. He had scanned it and sometime gave his comments of some of those gifts. There were a lot plants, from a small table flower size till as tall as the door. There were also some variations of gift. From just small figurines to a giant size teddy bear (really now?). his sister said it was some of them. They had to put some on another room and some other that more than half of them are brought to home because there’s no room here anymore.

 

Seunghyun looked up to the clock on the room again, it’s been two hours since he was wake up, but there’s still no sight of someone is coming.

He frowned, where’s she?

 

“where’s Miyoung?” he asked mostly toward his family.

“huh?”

“Tiffany. Did no one tell her I’ve woken up? She must be worried.” This time his eyes were locked to his friends mostly to Jiyong.

“who Hyung?” asked the confuse Dragon.

“Tiffany… Stephanie….” He makes face half glared on him. “you didn’t told her? Is she busy? I don’t remember SNSD have any schedule this week”

“SNSD??” everyone frowned and looked at him weirdly.

Honestly, why the heck they looked at me like that? It’s not like I’m asking for Captain America in Hanbok or something. I’m asking for my girl. Knowing her, she should be stayed here never leave my side.

Is something happen to her? Why she’s not here? Is she mad at me? Or maybe her Dad? Oh my god… oh my god… oh my god… please no, I can’t life without her…

 

“is she alright? Why isn’t she here?” panic and worried are all over his face now. “what happen? TELL ME! WHERE IS SHE?”

“hyung, you need to calm down…”

“Seunghyun-ah… calm down…”

 

Everyone in that room tried to calm him down, but it seem like he wouldn’t calm down for now. Yeonjun who was on his lap was startled of his uncle’s outburst, and Hyeyoon quickly scoop him up.

 

“I can’t calm down if she isn’t here…!! Where she is? Tell me! I want to see her! Take me to her… Miyoung!! Miyoung!! Come here Love. MIYOUNG!!”

 

As if in cue, a doctor and a nurse coming to the room. They tried to hold him but he was too strong. So the other five men helping them holding him while the doctor checking on him and the nurse preparing the needle and gave to the doctor. Not too long after that, Seunghyun was began to calming down, but it was mostly because he seem too tired to fight them, but he was now lay down and still asking for her.

 

“where is she? I want to see her, please let me see her…” he said slowly and one tear dropped from his right eyes. It’s break their heart to see him like this especially his mom, but they don’t have any idea what it’s all about.

 

“we will let you met her after you answering a few of question.” The doctor said pulling some of papers and a pen while sitting on a chair beside the bed.

 

“why?” Seunghyun asked, he was sounded too weak.

 

The doctor smiles friendly, “you see, we are just testing you to see if everything is alright. You hit your head pretty hard on the accident, we want to see if there’s any damage with your brain. The fastest we get and truthful you are, the fastest you can see her. What do you think? Deal?”

 

Seunghyun just nodded.

 

“first, you need to drink, it’s must be exhausting” after he gave Seunghyun the water, he turned to the other people on the room, gave a meaningful look at the nurse then look to other, “if you excuse us?”

 

Everyone nodded and began to walks from the room.  The nurse was the last one, and she kept the door open before she turned to everyone who were now seating on the couch.

 

“the door is open, it’d best you guys try to listening of their conversation, if anything out of place, please report dr. Lee as soon as he done. Thank you.” The petite nurse bowed to them and almost quickly turned to leave the room because she couldn’t hold the blush on her cheeks to see the five handsome and famous men.

 

 

..........................................................

 

 

“Tiffany? Really? I didn’t know that. Damn!”

 

“did you know this Hyung?” Daesung asked Jiyong.  “I remember you were at Teddy Hyung’s party with her”

 

“trust me, I don’t know anything. Neither of them told me anything.”

 

“no wonder, she asked me if I’m  going to specially pray for Hyung last Sunday” Youngbae muttered.

 

“fany noona? Really?” Seungri asked. He couldn’t believe he was missed all of this. Where he had been all this time? Seunghyun Hyung really good at hiding it all.

 

“hmmm… we went to the same church every Sunday”

 

“excuse me guys…” Hyeyoon called them “do you really mean it’s SNSD Tiffany?” when they confirmed she continued. “if so, shouldn’t she be here or at least visiting my brother even for once? I’ve never see her come”

 

She turned to her parents, “did she ever came when I wasn’t here, omma?”

 

“I know SNSD, but I don’t know which one of them is Tiffany” the older woman answered.

 

“the one who have the best smile auntie…” Seungri quickly said. Youngbae, Daesung, Jiyong, and Soohyuk rolled their eyes. Honestly, SNSD might be really popular, but not everyone especially the elder had the time to memorize their name or anything, and there are nine now eight of them.

 

Youngbae then make a quick google and searched for Tiffany’s picture. It was pretty easy, she is quite popular, and there are million pictures of her on the internet.

 

“this one auntie..” he gave his phone to Seunghyun’s mother, she look at the picture for a while then showed it to her husband. “no, I haven’t see her coming before” the older men also said no.

 

Weird…

 

“maybe they’re fighting or something?” Seungri suggested.

 

“but still, she should be here. Even she’s an ex, it wouldn’t be strange that she come here.” Soohyuk said.

 

Then they were fell into thick silent as their mind thinking of what just happened while still trying to concentrating listening Seunghyun and dr. Lee. For the first few questions, they were relief that his answer was sounds right and nothing too weird especially about people around him. But it soon changes.

 

 

“do you remember what happened on the night when you were on the accident?”

“yes. I was on my way from the filming location to meet my girlfriend and her father who come all the way from LA. It was fine at first, then suddenly my driver….”

Every jaws in that waiting room dropped as they heard what he just said.

 

To meet his girlfriend and her father? Who came all the way from LA?

They are that serious??

 

“you seem to always mentioned this girlfriend of yours. So, tell me about her”

 

“she’s…” he paused for a while. “I don’t know how to describe her. She’s just everything to me” he said. Even without looking at him, everyone who heard him could guessed that he was smiling when he said this.

 

“then, something. like something that make you think she’s different.”

 

“she’s loud. She has the prettiest smile I’ve ever seen. She’s very friendly to everyone. I mean really EVERYONE, which sometime make me jealous because she would often surrounding by her male friends. But that’s what makes her my Snow White. They’re just her dwarfs”

 

Seungri and Soohyuk quietly giggling at that. They had to put their fist on their mouths so they wouldn’t make any noise. Seunghyun’s parents just chuckled. It was the way he said that, sounds so nice. He sounds so happy.

 

“she like to sing. Serious or not, she tend to forgot her surrounding when she was singing. She has obsession on cleanness and likes to organize everything very neatly. She also has a big obsession for color pink. It’s like as long as there an option pink, she would choose it anyway. She can change from cute, childish, and bratty girl to a mature, motherly and a bit bossy woman that makes me feels like a little boy again in a second.”

 

“wow. She sounds great…”

“oh yeah, she is.”

“so, how long you’ve been in a relationship with her? How did you meet?”

“we’ve been  in a relationship for five years now”

Once again, shocked fillet the whole waiting room.

 

Five years???

 

“I meet her since long ago. We are working in the same industry. There’s nothing that much then. It was until we were in the same end year event. She was one of the MC, she was so beautiful wearing that long white gown. We were smiling shyly to each other. It was strange, like we weren’t prepared for it to happen, just… really strange. Then after the show she came to our waiting room and greeted everyone. She was talked to us, but mostly with me. She was even sat beside me eventhough there was another chair. We are close since then and make it official not long after that.”

 

“so, you have in a relationship for five years. Does everyone know about that?”

 

“well for now, only my family and her family. She told everything to her family”

 

Now, it was confusion that fillet the waiting room. The Chois looking at each other as if trying to ask something or just find some answers in each other’s expression.

 

 

“the last time I brought her to my nephew’s birthday”

 

This time mommy Choi gasped, she brought her hands to . She knows, the moment Seunghyun answered something that doesn’t make sense, it wouldn’t be good.

 

 

“you said ‘for now’. What do you mean by that?”

 

“well, I don’t know if you follow some gossip news. But on fourth April last year we went public with our  relationship. So everyone knew about us”

 

The eight adult in the waiting room were so stunned. Seunghyun’s answer is getting random.

 

“last year? I don’t know about the date, but I remember april last year is when Fany noona and Nichkhun hyung confirmed their relationship to public.” Seungri commented. When everyone looked at him weirdly, he continued, “what? I’m up to date with celebrity news!”

 

“and?” they heard dr.Lee asking Seunghyun to continued.

 

“because it’s getting hard to have our privacy, last June we let everyone including our friends believe that we are broke up when in fact we are actually getting strong.  But I still brought her to my family to let them know that we are still together”

 

The session was longed until one hour. Seunghyun’s family and friends are nervously waiting and listening to whatever he said.

 

 

 

“you did great Mr. Choi. Thank you. Now, you take this and get some sleep while waiting till she come.” The doctor said. There was a thick silent for more than a minute. Everyone in the waiting room nervously waiting for dr. Lee to come, while the doctor just simply waits to make sure that his patient is completely sleep.

 

The doctor came out of the room not long after. He quietly closed the door and everyone in the room stood up to greet him. Daesung who was on the far end of the sofa, move a little bit to give a room or a space for the doctor to sit with them.

 

“I take it that the nurse had told you to listen to us” the doctor began. When everyone nodded, he continued. “so far, in this first basis  test Mr. Choi had complete and answered all the question fairly well, which eliminate our fear of losing memories diagnosis. He seems to remember everyone and everything. However I think we still need to do further check to make sure everything is alright. I had scheduled tomorrow at 3.pm for him to scan his head. I will send the notice with dr.Ahn tomorrow morning. Any question?”

 

For a moment they eyed each other, until Hyeyoon spoke up.

 

“I think doctor, there’s another think in our concern…”

“oh?”

“mmm, you see, some of what he said doesn’t make sense to us”

 

“hmmm…” dr Lee opened his folder again prepared his pen. “ can you be more specific. Which part that doesn’t make a sense?” he asked

 

“like when he said he brought his girlfriend to my son’s birthday. He came alone, not with a girlfriend” Hyeyoon stopped and waited as she saw the doctor flipped some of the paper and write something on it.

 

“anything else?”

“the accident happened at 3. am. So, its so plausible when he said he was on his way to go to dinner and meet his girlfriend and her father” this time it was Seunghyun’s dad.

“you’re right, yeobo. His driver said they were on their way to go back home”

 

One by one, each of them began to give their accounts of what they thought doesn’t  make senses of what Seunghyun said earlier, Dr. Lee always take a note in each of them.

 

Once everyone is done and doesn’t seems to have anything to add anymore, Dr.Lee scanned his folder again. He analyzed it, make several checks on it until he nodded in understanding.

 

“mmm, I don’t know it’s important, but…” Seungri suddenly spoke again clutched his phone.

 

“go on” the doctor gave him permission.

 

“I just check the internet, fourth April last year is when Tiffany noona and Nichkhun-ssi confirmed their relationship to public.”

 

Dr. Lee flipped the paper again. “hmmm… interesting. Have they announced the broke up in public too?” he asked.

 

“yes. Let me check it again.” Seungri said while tapping on his smartphone quickly. “oh!! Their broke up news come up last June”

 

“I think I’ve some idea of what happened. But first, anyone know if this broke up between Tiffany-ssi and Nichkhun-ssi is real or just wanted to make everyone to believe they’re broke up? And do you think there’s a possibility that Mr.Choi know about this?” he saw the confusion on their faces. It was a weird question to ask from a doctor who was supposed to check or diagnose his patient. Not to become some gossips reporter.

 

The five male looking at each other. “we never see them together again, right Ji?” Soohyuk said to Jiyong, who was nodded.

 

Youngbae and Daesung merely shook their heads. “the last time we meet her in Teddy hyung’s party, she was coming with Bora”

 

Then all of them looked at Seungri expectantly. He’s usually who knows every gossip in the industry as he would always talked with the staff and find out of what happened.

 

“there’s a rumor who said like that. But I’m not too sure about that. I only remember 2 people who suspected it”

“but there’s a possibility that Mr.Choi heard about that, right?”

“hmmm, maybe? I mean, I don’t think hyung is the type to actually care about gossip and rumors”

 

“okay. So far from what we tried to find out and analyze, I think I’ve come to conclusion that Mr. Choi Seunghyun is diagnosed to suffering to the confusion of Delusions. Delusions are pretty normal to everyone, there’s always something that we would wish to happens instead on our far back of head. Just like a wishful thinking. However in normal delusion, people don’t usually voiced out what’s on their mind or just simply know it wasn’t real” he looked to everyone expectantly. Some of them nodded in understanding, some just look and trying to disgest every words that came from his mouth.

 

“in Mr. Choi Seunghyun’s case, The confusion of delusion is more severe than normal. But, They don’t seem entirely unfounded and are simply extensions of realities. In this case mostly about the ‘Girlfriend’ he always mentioned. At this point, we don’t yet know if the Girlfriend is entirely fictional that he creates on his mind or if she’s real. But as we now know the person is real we will just settle for half real now because we don’t know yet if her character is match from how he describe it or he just make that up. But that’s not all. I will need a one on one session to ask any further with everyone whose name are mentioned in here or if there are more that are really close with Mr. Choi would be better to come too tomorrow morning. I will need to see if this caused by pure of brain damage or some other possible things” Dr. Lee finally closed his folder as the other are dumbfounded with his explanation. But it’s not until the elder Choi speak up again.

 

“Dr.Lee, what do you mean ‘some other possible things’?”

 

Dr. Lee sighed. This is not something he should tell them this early especially before he analyzed everything more. But he had a feeling that he was right about his patient’s condition. It was just strange the adding character in his delusion already there since years ago.

 

“it is Mr. Choi, like I said before, Delusions are pretty normal to people to create even when they don’t notice it. And there are a lot of things why people create it on their mind. Some of them are denial of the situation that happened to them, some just use it as their coping mechanisms and others, and could be the reasons they’re stand still.” He explained. Then quickly added, “I’m not saying your son is insane or depression. But some people chose this way to coping up with life among those problems they had to face. And they don’t usually like to tell anyone of their problems”

 

“as for now, I strongly recommend If everyone simply playing along with his delusions to keep him comfortable and less panic while we all working to heal him step by step.” He waited to see if they still have anymore questions. When they just keep silent, then maybe it’s time to leave.

 

“well, I guess it’s all for now. I hope everyone can come for the sessions tomorrow. Also before that I’d suggest that everyone to trying to remember some detail events of what happened to Mr. Choi years ago. Hmmmm” he flipped the papers on his folder to check on something “ like around 2009 or 2010. I want to try to narrowing of the possibility what caused of his delusions.”

 

“dr. Lee, mmm, well you said for now we should play along with him, what about the girlfriend? Sh- should we ask her to play along too? I mean you said she’s just his delusions?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

 

“I think, it’d be best if you guys can ask her to play along. For now, even if she’s just his delusion, she plays a very important rule here, maybe you guys can convince her soon as he’s been asking her for now.” They nodded. Jiyong particularly mumbled ‘ok’. “I guess that’s for now, good afternoon everyone” then Dr.Lee leave the room.

 

As they sit again on the sofa, Seungri quickly went through his phone contacts to find Tiffany’s number, but Jiyong beats him to it as he already spoke to his phone.

 

“ah yeah, Kwon Jiyong imnida… is- is Tiffany there? Yeah, no problem..” while they waited for him to talk to the girl Seunghyun’s mom asked,

 

“is it alright to ask her to do this? Do you think she would help us?” Seunghyun’s mom asked. But Daesung quickly answered

 

“don’t worry, auntie. Fany is our friend, she’s a nice girl, she will help us”

 

“but don’t you guys said she has a boyfriend?” Seunghyun’s dad asked.

 

“it will just among us, appa. Yes, it’s better if she doesn’t have at the moment, but even if she already have maybe her boyfriend would understand, or I hope so”

 

 

………………………………………………………………………

 

 

Several clicks of camera could be heard all over the small studio. Tiffany Hwang currently doing her job on photoshoot for the cosmetic brand she endorsed. She was wearing a blue low cut neck dress, her hair was in a cute messy bun. She move here and there posing severing poses that could show the great view of her beautiful face using the new product that they will sell later. Two make up artists are ready standing behind the cameramen, three other staff who were in charge for lighting are standing around there doing their job.

 

The cameramen was trying to instructed her again to shoot from different angle that might be look good when her phone that she put beside her bag  and where her manager also sit, buzzing again. She tried so hard not to react at that as the cameramen still trying to take her picture. When the cameramen trying look at the result for a while, Tiffany sent a quick nod to her manager to give him permission to pick up the phone.

 

They continued the shoot as the manager picked up the phone and move a few step from them so it wouldn’t distract Tiffany. He walked up to the table where some staff are there waiting until Tiffany was done with one look and change for another.

 

“yes, Hello?” he said without actually look at the person’s name.

“Hello.. uh, is this perhaps Tiffany’s number?” asked the person.

“yes, it is? Who is this? Tiffany is c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter