What do you said?!

The Fried Chicken Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[AREUM’S POV]

 

Today as I was arriving at Pledis, I saw a bunch of people gathered near the entrance. When I approached one of them to ask what’s happening, he was just as clueless as I was. Then the CEO suddenly appeared, dressed in a bright Hawaiian shirt and glasses. More people then appeared and among them was SEVENTEEN and the other trainees.

 

"What’s happening?" One of the trainees asked.

 

"Welcome to our first PLEDIS CAMP!!" The CEO announced. In that moment a bus with red flames painted on the side arrived.  

 

"Oh no, It's the bus of Hell," DK said.

 

The bus of hell?

 

"You must be wondering what this is all about... well it is a tradition of ours, to bring us together because we're family”

 

"Since when!?" Someone shouted from the crowd.

 

"Since yesterday. I was bored so I planned this and established it as a tradition. Let's go!" The CEO answered and shoved us into the bus of hell but we were not prepared for what would happen later.

 

It took us more than an hour to get to the location. It was an outdoors area with cabins surrounded by a forest. It was huge and pretty. In the clearing,  the CEO arrived, floating from the sky in a parachute, surprising us all. He then started to explain about this “previously planned camp” because he didn't want us to know before.

 

"So this is a survival camp." He announced cheerfully.

 

"WHAAAAAT?" Everyone exclaimed in unison.

 

"HAHAHA! I'm kidding."

 

I let out a sigh of relief but it was too soon to feel safe.

 

"But it's a contest. It's simple... we are going to make pairs: one Pledis Artist with a Pledis trainee..." At that moment all the trainees got excited but I remained skeptical. "The winners will have the option of a TV appearance, a Solo Project or a granted wish by me... attractive, right?"

 

Indeed it was attractive, what would I choose if I win? Clear my debt and get out of here? This is my chance to be free from these hell days as a trainee. My blood pumped in adrenaline and without noticing I screamed: "I'll do my best!" The other people turned their heads in my direction and stared at me.

 

"That's the attitude!" The CEO said excitedly. “Let’s make the pairs!”

 

The CEO then took out his ‘Lucky Box’ and announced "We are going to make 4 teams with 3 pairs" and began to draw from the box. The teams are of the following:

 

GREEN TEAM

DK- Yebin [Pledis Girlz]

Hoshi- SEOYOUNG (RIN)

Jun- The8

   

BLUE TEAM

 

Joshua-Min Kyeong [Pledis Girlz]

Jeonghan- Eun Woo [Pledis Girlz]

Wonwoo- Pinky [Pledis Girlz]

   

YELLOW TEAM

 

Dino-Park Siyeon [Pledis Girlz]

Vernon- SUNBI* (IVY)

Seungkwan-  HYEJEONG *(ALI)

   

"Then the last team..."

 

We were the remaining pairs so it was obvious which team I was going to end up on but I was curious about my partner.

   

RED TEAM

Mingyu- Nayoung [Pledis Girlz]

SCoups- Kyungwon [Pledis Girlz]

 

"And finally..." Then I heard a sigh of disappointment from the man next to me.  "Areum and Woozi"

   

 

 

   

[WOOZI’S POV]

   

I really wanted to win. Just imagining what I can ask from the CEO made me grin, but as the pairing continued and my name has yet to be called I knew I would be last announced. The partners and teams were made quickly and her name has yet to be called as well. I prayed that she would be paired with someone else. Well, it’s not like I hate her but I heard rumors going around about her. These rumors included her being lazy, irresponsible and troublesome. I didn't want a partner like her if the rumors are true.  But it happened, she became my partner.

 

"We are the Fairy Couple!" She said, making me turn to her surprise and annoyance.

 

"Why the Fairy Couple?" I said, with my teeth clenched tightly together.

 

"Because your hair is like a fairy. Or do you want to be the Bingsu [shaved ice] Couple?" She replied with a cheeky grin.

 

I could feel a headache coming on and I knew, that for some reason, I hate her now.

 

After getting organized into teams, the CEO explained how this ‘Unification camp’ was going to work.

 

"It will last one week."

 

"WHAT?!" I screamed. The others looked extremely surprised too but stayed silent.

 

"The theme of this year is... How to be a Pledis Idol!!!!" The CEO continued, unbaffled by my exclamation. Then the sound trumpets resonated through the air out of nowhere but no one seemed impressed.

 

Then the questions soon filled in the silence. "CEO where we are going to sleep?" "CEO will us be wearing the same clothes the whole week? " "What about shower and toothpaste?", "We are not prepared, if CEO at least informed us earlier", "What about the schedule?" "Did you tell our parents?"

 

The CEO was a little dazzled by the amount of question as he tried to answer as best as he could. "I canceled everyone's schedule for the week, I sent an email telling your parents about it, don't worry we have a lot of toothpaste and you're going to sleep over there." He pointed at the two main cabins. One was for girls and the other for SEVENTEEN as basically, Pledis lacked male trainees and Nues´t didn't come.

 

After the meeting was over, the CEO announced lunch in which everyone scurried to get food as most did not have breakfast. Soon the sound of chitchat buzzed through the air though, despite the cheerfulness, a blanket of anticipation and uncertainty dulled the smiles as no one knew what to expect.

 

We then checked out the cabins but it was empty. "What about the beds?" everyone asked the CEO.

 

He smiled slyly. "You're going to win them. How to be a Pledis Idol number 1... You must work hard to be able to sleep."

 

He's kidding, right?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter