The worst day of my life!

The Fried Chicken Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*Knock Knock*

"Who is it?" I supposed it's trouble because we don't have a lot of visitors here, even the neighbours. My house is crappy and the neighbours are rude. To be honest, I never met the neighbours around here. So I supposed the people knocking the door aren't the neighbours to say hi or a salesman that wanted to sell me something. Our neighbourhood isn't safe to "foreigners" that's how they to their fellow neighbors who didn't live here. I know some guys wants to "talk" to my father…

"We know you're here...open the door-"

I knew it! They’re the debt collectors, not the friendly ones. They’re the gangster style of collectors. It was typical for father to be so reckless to ask the mafia some loan.

I don't know why he does that and how many he asked, the matter here is that my dad isn't here so they'll ask me to pay instead; I only have a few dollars. I can use my piggy bank keeping coins that I saved everyday whenever I gained in my last job. I had around 5, 000 won, sounds like a lot of money but it's value is 4 dollars... ONLY 4 DOLLARS! I'M POOR! I HOPE THAT MY 4 DOLLARS CAN DEFUSE THEIR ANGER!

I was honest when I said I only got a few dollars. It's lame but it's something. I went where my piggy bank is; it was broken and all of my money was gone. DAD!!!! How much can he bet with 4 dollars? Now I'm furious again, he killed my piggy! WITH NO NEED, BELOW HIS BELLY IT HAD A PLUG ! My piggy is now dead T-T

"Open the door!"

It's true, I forgot about the collectors…

"Oh my Gosh! I need to run!" I got in a crisis state almost on the verge of breaking out... There isn’t a lot of time, they'll break the door! I need to escape no matter how.

"The window!" I saw the window as the possibility to escape but wait… I'm on the second floor, hey it doesn't open! "Omo I need to break it now! maybe I can break it with my body, like in the movies! I only need to have some impulse"

Areum run straight to the window in the fastest speed that was humanly impossible to her but the only thing she got was to hurt herself. Ouch!

"OPEN NOW OR WE'LL  KNOCK DOWN THE DOOR!!!"

"THEY LIED TO ME! HOW THEY CAN DO IT?! … ALL THE ACTION MOVIES ARE A LIE.- CONCENTRATE! There's no time Areum, you're in danger, stop thinking about cartoon or action movies! DAMN... think of something!" I was freaking out in the moment. I pull my hair out of dilemma; I'll be bald in my early age. This is too much for a teenager!

"Hey! wait a minute, the window has a lock" ... oh my gosh! you're kidding me?! I'm so stupid, maybe I inherited it from my father *sneer*...it's the most probable. At least I didn't inherit his looks or bad taste.

Bang! the door flew open... but she wasn't longer there.

"Hey, boss" His employee said.

"WHAT?!!!" The boss is annoyed because he felt fooled by that bastard.

“Someone left a note”

"Give me that" He took it bruskly from his employee’s hand and start reading:

 

Sorry misters but the person who you’re searching isn't here. He left suddenly so he can't see you by the moment. You can want until he comes back…

 

"Damn, I know that there was a person guys" He crumpled the note in anger.

"Boss" Said one of his employees.

"WHAT?!" The boss turned to him mad.

"There's another letter" He took it from the floor and the boss snatched the letter.

"Another? Why are there many letters? Are we postmen or what?" He started to read it:

 

Hi, my sweet daughter,

I'll be away for a month, I think I can win the big fat prize this time. See your later! I love you~ Thanks for your money. If someone knocks the door, don't open it...

 

"So, his daughter... She was here, but she escaped. But, how she escaped? And why? We aren't bad people AHAHAHA, RIGHT GUYS? AHAHA" Said the boss to his employees trying to be funny. The employees made a forced laugh, he was the boss after all... they needed to laugh if they don't want to be fired.

"Boss" One employee said.

"Now what?! Didn’t you notice that I was making a joke a moment ago? I was laughing, why did you interrupted me?" He said in good mood, after his laughing time ago for his unfunny joke.

The other guy pointed at the window. “Boss, she escaped through the window-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter