Are you kidding me?!

The Fried Chicken Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THAT FRIED CHICKEN BUCKET HAS TO BE MINE!

Chole and I ran at the same time with my aching feet, I didn't stop before knocking out Chole with my elbow accidentally. I left the place immediately in case Chole would stand up and tried to punch me or bite my arm.

There was two pieces of chicken (one and another half eaten) but it was the most delicious chicken I ever tasted. I walk with the chicken in my hand and I was about to sit on a bench nearby, the rain started pouring.

REALLY GOD?!  WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? I FINALLY FOUND A FOOD AND I ALMOST BELIEVE MY LUCK WASN'T SO BAD BUT NO... IT'S STILL BAD. NOW IT’S RAINING,  AND WITHOUT SHOES THE SENSATION OF THE RAIN FELL HORRIBLE BECAUSE OF MY WET FEET.

I put the bucket in my head, what's more... a hail? I had enough... I was fired, I’ve been chased, a dog peed on me, I ran shoeless, I’ve been kicked by a little brat, I fought with a hobo... today’s a total nightmare. Now I'm wet and I smell like a chicken… today’s the worst day of my life. This situation is unbelievable. So many unfortunate "coincidence" occurred. I think I can write a book and the title would be "How to Survive Your Bad Day"

OH, LOOK!- I CAN PROTECT MYSELF FROM THE RAIN HERE. Looks like it has a marquee, so it's fine. I hope the owner won't be angry if I stayed here until the rain stop, I only want a little luck. Please!

"I'M FREEZING" I feel shivers. I’m wet so it was logical to feel cold, the bucket doesn't cover too much.

Now, where will I live now? My house might be full of mobster (Sigh) I still have the bucket on my head, how pathetic I look. Maybe people are laughing at me because of the way I look. It isn't normal to watch a girl with a bucket on her head.

"Hey you!" Someone inside the shop yelled at me. It was definitely me because the shop was empty.

Another problem?

I thought it was the owner of the shop; he was the only person there. I thought that he wants me to go away because I might scare the customers.

 

 

NENE'S MANAGER POV

"It's a problem that Chicken Pelicana®️ is stealing our clients, we need to do something to attract more people... But what? If I only have a good idea..."  I was thinking hard because I need a solution quickly. I only sighed after a struggle for thinking of an idea… it was too much for me. By that time, the hard rain began.

I saw a girl with a bucket of Nene Chicken®️ on her head- How strange! Why does a  girl have a bucket on her head?... Ahaha. Well, I can say curious… "Oh!"

"Hey you!" I called her  trying not to let her go after the rain stops.

"You wanna work here?" I said. Isn't it strange to hire a person I just met? Or a person doesn't looks normal and with a shabby appearance like a homeless? Nah... I don't think so.

 

 

Oh no! He's going to yell at me. I'm sure… today isn't my best day so I'm prepared for what he'll say. I shut my eyes to feel how he is going to say angrily that I look miserable that people won’t buy chicken to them. He went to my direction... I'm ready.

Wait, What?! I opened my eyes in surprise "Is this some kind of a lame joke?"   Seriously... Am I dreaming or I died?

"Not really" He said with a serious look, so serious to be true.

"Don't you see me?" I said pointing at me from head to toe... Who in his five senses would hire a person with a shabby appearance and with a bucket on her head?

"So... You don't want the job?" he was backing inside.

"NO, I WANT!" this is my only chance counting my bad luck.

"Great, come inside" He said waving his hand as a signal that I’m welcome, it feels so great. I entered the shop and sat on a chair nearby the counter.

My body’s wet but somebody behind me put a blanket around me.

"What is your name?" She asked.

"Areum, Lee Areum"

"You'll be the new employee? I'm already off... you can use my uniform meanwhile, I mean, you're wet and needs clothes..."

"Ah, yeah... I guess. Thanks"

"Where do you live? I'll pick my uniform up later at your home"

"Ahm... I don't have home now"

"OHHH! Mianhaeyo [sorry], I shouldn't have asked"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter