HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

The Fried Chicken Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Don’t forget to saw the author’s note, open the links and comment ;)

 

 

 

 

[SCOUPS POV]

 

The CEO called Nu'est, After School and us, Seventeen, to a meeting, but as we entered he was sitting down and looking out of the window that was behind him. We quietly took our place until he noticed that we have arrived.

 

 

"Hi, everyone.” He said, turning in his chair to see us. Pairs of curious eyes stared back at him. "Yesterday, I ate tacos for dinner and then went to sleep," He said, making me confused, "And I had an interesting dream, and I swear it wasn’t because of the tacos, but actually, it gave me a good idea!"

 

 

Then Jihoon straightforwardly asked what everyone was wondering "What are we here for, CEO?"

 

 

"Well... It’s October… and do you know what we should celebrate this month?"

 

 

"My Birthday" Jeonghan deadpanned, but his birthday has already passed.

   

"Halloween..." Woozi simply said, rolling his eyes at Jeonghan’s stupidity.

   

The CEO nodded. “Yes, that’s right Jihoon. We are going to celebrate Halloween. How does that sound?”

   

Everyone quickly liked the idea and began brainstorming wildly about what to do for the day.

   

"What about a vacation?”

 

 

"Trick or treat?"

 

 

I didn’t have any ideas so I kept quiet and laughed along with some of the silly ideas the members managed to pull out. Then the CEO interrupted with a cough, "A haunted house.”

 

 

"A haunted house?" I said, surprised but intrigued by the idea.

 

 

"Yeah. Let's make a haunted house" he decided by himself, but the members weren’t quite sure about the idea.

 

 

"For ourselves? That would be boring..." Hoshi said, pouting.

   

“Of course not. We are going to invite your fans.” The CEO smiled and waved his hand, motioning for his assistant.

 

"Raul, make publicity!" Raul nodded and left the room.

 

 

"Isn't this too much?" Jihoon asked the CEO, I agreed quietly. But he only responded with his carefree laugh. “Honestly, I think this is a crazy idea.” Jihoon continued but the CEO dismissed it.

 

 

“Crazy ideas can bring happiness!” The CEO insisted.

 

 

“Well, how we are going to control the fans?” I asked, trying to stop Jihoon from pushing his point even though I agreed with everything he said. But I also knew that the CEO is stubborn.

 

 

The CEO just grinned and replied “Tickets! Maybe around 30 tickets?”

 

 

“eh?” Everyone exclaimed.

 

 

“Tickets?” I questioned.

 

 

“We are going to make a Halloween single for each group.” The Ceo said, smiling but Woozi wasn’t happy.

 

 

“WHAT!?” Woozi half-shouted, standing up suddenly. I quickly reached for his hand in an attempt to control his temper before he does something careless. He quickly sat down again, and in a softer but sarcastic tone said: “Yeah, like Christmas songs but with a darker concept.”

   

All heads spun towards Jihoon.

   

“Woozi...” I begged, trying to get him to accept the request.

 

 

“What?” He said nervously, but everyone still looked at him, with puppy dog eyes. “Okay, Okay...” He sighed, giving up. “I’ll do it.”

 

 

After that a chorus of “Thanks”, “That’s our Woozi!” soon followed.

 

 

“But you also need to write the lyrics.” He got up. Everyone stopped cheering.

 

 

“Hey wait...” But he cut them off as he left the room, slamming the door behind him. I just chuckled. It is so like him to go on a tantrum.

 

 

“Okay, everyone works hard.” The CEO said, getting up to leave, dismissing the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back at the dorm, we were talking about the meeting but Jihoon still seemed to be angry.

 

 

“Why Halloween singles? That’s so crazy! Like, I understand Christmas songs but… Halloween? There’s nothing to work with…” Woozi complained quietly to himself. Then he rolled his eyes, and started singing “He did the mash, he did the monster mash~ ”

 

 

“Yah Jihoon, I know you can do it,” I said, trying to comfort him.

 

 

“We’ll be busy with the haunted house.” Said Hoshi, jumping up and down excitedly.

 

 

“We need to make the Choreography,” Jihoon said, staring at Hoshi expectantly.

 

 

“What?!” Hoshi said surprised and disappointed that he can’t be part of making the haunted house.

 

 

“Sorry hyung, but I guess we’ll be in charge of that then,” Mingyu said, teasing him.

 

 

“Okay, let’s get the decoration for the haunted house,” I said to Mingyu and I saw Hoshi glancing over with a funny sad

face.

 

 

Seungkwan and DK were so excited to get out of the dorm. “Shopping!” The two squealed together.

 

 

 

         

[AREUM’S POV]

 

The CEO came in, holding a box and loudly announced: "We are going to do something special, yay!" The CEO got excited by himself. "As you know, Halloween is coming so I decided to do a Haunted House!!!"

 

"A haunted house?" Everyone tilted their heads. "The whole company will be participating, which means including you guys!”

 

"That means..." The trainees mumbled, then their eyes widened comically. "SEVENTEEN?! KYAAA!!!!" They screamed in excitement.

 

"Yes, that’s right. This Haunted house would be a contest."

 

"eh?"

 

 

The CEO held out the box in his hand, shaking the content of it before placing it on the table. He motioned for us to draw from the box. All the trainees wanted to ‘work’ with SEVENTEEN so the tension was heavy on all of us. When it was my turn to draw, my hands became sweaty and damp. With my luck, I would most likely be cleaning the bathrooms or something on the same level. I wrapped my hand around a neatly folded piece of paper before drawing it out with shaky hands. I nervously peeled open the paper to peer at the words printed on the inside.  Clearly written in black, bold writing was ‘SEVENTEEN classroom 101’. I tried to hide it from the other trainees because I knew how they would react. To help Seventeen, I felt lucky since they were people that I know but it would be troublesome if the others find out after the incident previously with Mingyu. Other trainees also had big smiles on their faces. I’m guessing they also got SEVENTEEN as well.  

 

 

After all the trainees finished drawing another box was revealed, this time for the costumes. Again, I got nervous. I didn’t want to get a ridiculous costume like my chicken one. Though I didn’t mind being a mummy so the others couldn’t recognize me. But as I took another piece of paper, I found myself more curious than nervous.

 

 

“Diabolic doll?” I murmured to myself, reading the words printed on the paper. Curious about the other costumes, I turned to the others. Some were giggling, pleased with what they got.

 

 

Then suddenly one of the trainees screamed, “WHY THIS?! I CAN’T BE WITH MY OPPA DRESSED LIKE THIS?”

 

 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter