That girl!

The Fried Chicken Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


A couple of days after meeting SEVENTEEN nothing has changed, my trainee life was hell and my luck was still just as bad. I didn't really expect them to be my Fairy Godmothers but internally it felt nice. That meeting was the first and last. I don't feel bad since we agreed to be friendly without compromises so then why do I care? And anyway, I need to concentrate on this lesson. "No need to worry. Nothing bad will happen today." I muttered quietly to myself, raising my clenched fist for self-motivation.  We were in the middle of class and I was quite tired because the teacher would always correct me on my posture and my back was killing me! Luckily the teacher left during the break, leaving us alone. I used this chance to relax and took out my bottle of water. I was gulping down the water in desperation, trying to level my heartbeat, when I glanced out the window to the corridor and noticed that someone was staring at me.

 

 

I was surprised at his appearance but as I looked around, no one seemed to notice his presence. He smiled at me and I felt my face heat up a little but I was more curious than flustered. As soon as he opened the door, all heads spun towards the sound and a chorus of "Mingyu Sunbaenim!", "Oppa" and "Is that Mingyu?" soon followed. A little taken back by the sudden noise that reverberated throughout the room, I retreated further into the wall that I was leaning on. Soon all the trainees surrounded him in an instant. I heard one of the girls ask in her most sugary, high-pitched voice what he is doing here. They were all acting cute and disgustingly fake that it almost made me throw up. But Mingyu just ignored them and instead looked straight at me. However, the moment didn't last long when some of the girls noticed. I quickly avoided eye contact as I stood up to leave the bathroom. I made a beeline towards the door, my eyes piercing into the ground as I attempt to cover my face with my hands. 

 

 

“Areum!” 

 

 

My feet shuffled to a stop in front of the door. I heard Mingyu pushing his way out of the mini crowd that had formed around him as he mutters soft apologies to the girls. I spun around to see him making his way towards me. 

 

 

“Hey, Areum.” He repeated again. 

 

 

I glanced at him at the girls staring daggers at me, eyes full of hate. "Are you busy?" Mingyu asked softly. 

 

 

I could literally feel the venom seeping out of their devilish eyes as the girls muttered curses under their breath. I lowered my head to avoid the glares. This was getting worse and it felt more awkward the longer I stayed in the presence of the other girls. 

 

 

"Eh...ehehe. It’s a bit busy but I'm trying my best." I laughed nervously in an attempt to hide my awkwardness.

 

"That's great, then I'll be waiting for your debut!" He winked energetically at me. 

 

As he turned around to leave, I muttered a quick "Thanks, sunbaenim."

 

Mingyu laughed gently. "That’s too formal, call me Oppa instead. See ya"

 

 

My eyes widened in shock. Oh my god! Why did Mingyu say that?! The girls are going to kill me! The way he said it sounds like we have something. I quickly glanced at their reaction. Their faces portrayed a monster, ready to engulf me whole. I closed my eyes and sighed "This is going to be troublesome…” and just as I was saying this a blood-curdling screech suddenly pierced the stifling air. 

 

 

"Don't act so friendly with Mingyu Oppa, sl*t!"

 

What did she just call me?

 

"B*tch! Get your germ-infested hands off him!"

 

"Don’t even think about getting close to him, witch!”

 

 

The screaming continued escalating. Foul words were thrown one after the other and quite frankly it was beginning to frighten me. I could feel sweat dripping down my forehead, trickling down the side of my face, and I could feel goosebumps raising, sending shivers down my back. I felt my mouth tremble as I opened them to speak, to try and calm them down. “I didn’t mean-”

 

 

"Shut your ing mouth!"

 

 

I flinched. I could feel tears welling in the pit of my eyes but I refused to let them fall. 

 

Relief washed over me when the teacher came back and everyone scattered away.  In that moment I started to love my teacher. Still shaky on my legs, I made my way to the bathroom, bli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter