chapter 2

A Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Please help me out" the coach begged his brother over the phone. He promised himself to find someone who can help Jongin get back on the right track and so he asked his brother who has a big connection network with different people. He can trust his brother even though the both of them had their fair share of fights, they still are brothers at the end.

"Just because i'm the manager of a ballerina that doesn't guarantee that i will find you someone who can help Jongin. The kid is unrecognizable so it's almost impossible to help him get better." He also saw Jongin change into the way he is now. It's not like he changed into a bad kid but he built walls around him for a reason that no one knows, not even his group members. 

"Then make Hyuna help" they both got silent after hearing the older brother's request. They both know that it will be impossible and a crazy idea. Hyuna will never help anyone, let alone look at someone twice. She is always in her own world and doesn't like having people around her so asking her for help is impossible.

"Brother? Do you hear yourself? Hyuna will never listen to me. She will fire me instead." The coach let out a laugh at his brother's words. It's true, she won't hesitate to fire him even though the younger has been her manager for almost a decade. 

"But let them at least meet? Let's give them a chance. Hyuna will be a good teacher and I know that he will listen to her knowing that she is the best ballerina out there. Don't you think little brother?" The manager was quite for a bit, it's not that bad of an idea actually. Being with Jongin might change her attitude and make her a bit more social. 

"I will try my best but i can't promise you anything so don't get your hopes up" they both ended the call not knowing what this plan of theirs will do to the young dancers. 

 

She zipped her sweater and hid her face with a scarf before taking a last glance in the mirror. So this is how it feels like to be a teenager, sneaking out without the parents knowing to have fun. She doesn't have any parents but her manager and the media are even worse than a parent. She has to be careful not to get caught. It's not like she cares about the media or what a money desperate journalist will write about her, it's just that she doesn't want to get caught the first time she is trying to have fun. 

"Club Tonic" she said firmly to the taxi driver who stared at her in confusion. She shrank back in her seat and held her scarf closer to her face. Did he find her out, is he going to tell anyone? She turned her face away and stared at the lights illuminating the city. She didn't know that Seoul was this beautiful at night. Locking herself inside her house made her skip on so many things in life but now she is going to challenge herself and do whatever she held herself back from doing. 

The driver hummed to a song playing on the radio, bobbing his head while still having his eyes on the road. Weird, was her first thought, doesn't he feel embarrassed when someone else is in the car with him? Her own driver is always quite and never made any movements, she never felt his presence but this driver is doing his thing without minding her at all. Are all of them like that? the normal people she never cared to get to know or socialize with, are they all this carefree? don't they mind how people look at them or judge them? 

''We are here'' The driver cut her train of thoughts by turning his attention to her. She studied him, he looked a bit old and tired, he has wrinkles even on his hands and it seems like he needs some time to rest. she shook her head and handed him money, it was more than enough but something told her that he needed the extra cash. She left the cab before he refused the amount and almost jogged towards the club. Calling it big is an understatement, it was huge and maybe hundreds of people were waiting for their turn to get in. Is she doing the right thing by going to a club, is this how normal people have fun? 

''I'm so sorry'' She flinched when someone almost stepped on her foot, the girl looked really apologetic and blamed her group of friends for playing too much on the streets. Hyuna stayed silent and looked at how the group of people around her age were behaving. She tucked a hair strand behind her ear and studied their clothes before looking at what she was wearing, they had some thick make-up, short dresses, high heels and flashy purses. is this how she was supposed to look? are the white tight jeans and black tank top too dull for a club?

''Are you by yourself?'' The girl asked her carefully while pointing at the club. Hyuna nodded slightly at the smiling girl who took another step closer to her. Her group of friends all smiled at her and looked fake or was it friendly the term she has to use to describe their actions towards her? the girl Hyuna doesn't know her name yet clapped her hands a few times before linking her arm with Hyuna's.

''Perfect, one of our friends couldn't make it and so we have an empty seat in the club, want to hang out with us? coming in is a bit hard as you can see from the bunch of people waiting'' She talks a lot, Hyuna hates that kind of person the most but they are offering her a VIP seat and with the long line standing in the cold for their turn it seems l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter