~Chapter Seven~

A Tiny Love Story

Kyungsoo smiled warmly at Jongin’s aunt Ji Soo when she told him that she would love to have him live with them. He hadn’t really interacted with her since Jongin was constantly hiding him, but now he’s glad to be properly introduced. She was a lovely person, who had a contagious smile like Jongin. She’s one of those people you immediately feel comfortable around, she has an extremely warm aura. She explained that they didn’t have an extra room so he would have to share with Jongin, then winked and told him that he probably didn’t mind. Kyungsoo and Jongin’s cheeks flared up and Kyungsoo threw a small glare towards his taller boyfriend. Kyungsoo wondered why Jongin lived with his Aunt, but he didn’t want to just ask him. He knows he doesn’t like it when people question his living situation and he wouldn’t want to give someone else the same feeling.

    Jongin smiled and grabbed Kyungsoo’s bags and carried them up to his, now their room. Kyungsoo jumped onto the bed and stared at the ceiling, Jongin followed him soon after. They sat in a peaceful silence for a while, only the sound of their breathing and sometimes ruffling sheets if one of them move their limbs slightly.

“You know there is one problem.” Jongin spoke causing Kyungsoo to turn on his side so he could face him. “You take up way more room on the bed now.”

“Oh shut up!” Kyungsoo laughed and hit Jongin’s chest painfully.

Jongin laughed and pulled Kyungsoo into a tight hug. Just a while back if anyone told either of them that they’d be not only dating each other, but living with each other they would probably think the person was insane. Jongin honestly would have glared and ignored the person for the rest of the day. Yet here they were, holding each other as closely as they possibly could. They once again fell into a comfortable silence, and eventually fell asleep in each other’s arms.

    Kyungsoo woke up a couple of hours later, right when the sun was starting to set. He glanced out the window and smiled at the different splashes of orange and pink that spread across the evening sky. He turned his head back around to look at Jongin, who was still sleeping, and his smiled grew. Kyungsoo never knew there could be a moment where life just felt so right. Growing up Kyungsoo never felt as though he fit in anywhere. He was quite a quiet child, and when he did speak he tended to be quite random and sometimes brash. His parents never had time for him. They were workaholics that put their jobs before their own son. As Kyungsoo got older, he began to realize that he felt for boys the way he was told he’s supposed to feel for girls. He  had Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Suho by his side so it really didn’t bother him at first. It was his parent’s cold shoulder treatment that truly affected him. They didn’t yell at him, nor did they cry. Kyungsoo knew his parents didn’t agree with what they called his “lifestyle”, but if they reacted then Kyungsoo could live with knowing that they at least cared about him. There was no reactiion though. When he told them one night at dinner they just continued eating and didn’t bring the subject back up. They gave their son the silent treatment for a whole week until one day he came home from school to find all of his stuff packed into two suitcases with a note on top telling him to leave home and don’t try to contact them again. They disowned him so quickly, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. Kyungsoo went to live with Suho for a bit until he had enough to support himself in a small, dingy apartment. He didn’t even feel as though he felt like he belonged in his own home. Maybe it was the loneliness, or maybe it was the fact that the feeling of rejection was still flowing through his body. This is the first time that Kyungsoo felt at home, and it was in Jongin’s arms. Perhaps this was worrisome because Kyungsoo could become a bit too dependant on the other boy, but it could also be an amazing blessing. He had gone through so many hardships and Kyungsoo wanted to believe it was all so he could feel so alive in this moment. Kyungsoo began to tear up, but not because he was sad, but because this was the happiest he has been in a long time. He quickly regretted the cheerful tears when he once again shrunk back down.

    Jongin began to stir when he heard short sniffles from beside him. When he finally woke up, Kyungsoo wasn’t there. He shot up frantically and looked around the room. Finally, his eyes landed on Kyungsoo’s tiny, shaking form on the bed. Jongin scooped him up like he had become so accustomed to and brought him close to his face. He decided he could ask Kyungsoo what was wrong after he calmed down. He began to Kyungsoo’s hair, which he knew he loved, and just kept telling him everything would be okay. Once Kyungsoo was just sniffling lightly, Jongin asked why he was crying, only to laugh when Kyungsoo told him he was crying tears of joy.

“You’re such a crybaby!” Jongin shouted with his boisterous laughter.

“I am not!” Kyungsoo pouted and began to tear up again. Okay, maybe he was a bit of a crybaby.

“There’s nothing wrong with it, I find it cute.”

Kyungsoo could feel his face becoming hotter, Jongin complimenting him will probably always affect him, especially if he always accompanies his compliments with his beautiful, warm smile. Kyungsoo whacked Jongin’s palm causing the boy to laugh harder. Kyungsoo could probably feel at home no matter where he was, as long as Jongin was by his side.

    Kyungsoo groaned and placed his head on the lab desk. He wanted to be paired up with Jongin for the lab today, but instead his partner was Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun is the last person he wants to dissect a frog with. Kyungsoo glanced over at Chanyeol and Jongin who were working quite diligently. Jongin felt the stare and looked up, sending a dazzling smile towards Kyungsoo before going back to work. Kyungsoo only sighed and turned towards Baekhyun who was currently holding the frog up by its arms and making it dance.

“Can you stop playing with the frog already?” Kyungsoo asked with an annoyed tone.

“But look at how cute he is! How could I cut this little guy open?” Baekhyun held the frog against his chest protectively, thank god he had a lab apron on.

“Just give him to me.”

For a while the two fought over the frog until Kyungsoo finally got it and made the first incision, causing his idiot friend to gasp and cry a bit.

“Goodbye Bob, I knew you for a short time but it was magical.” Baekhyun dramatically wiped the few tears away from his eyes.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Kyungsoo threw Baekhyun a judgemental look before returning to the process of finding the labeled body parts.

“Well what if that were you?” Baekhyun stated, causing Kyungsoo to look at him questioningly. “What if someone found you shrunk like this and sold you to the government!? You’d be cut open just like this f-”

“Shut up Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo wouldn’t admit it, but what Baekhyun said actually made him a little queasy and finding the frog’s organs was becoming much more complicated. He took a deep breath and grabbed the scalpel so he could remove the stomach.

“Well we need to be careful since you’re stuck like this…” Baekhyun mumbled.

“What did you just say?” Kyungsoo’s face was taken over with shock.

“Well, I meant to tell you earlier but, I found out you’ll be stuck like this for the rest of your life.” Baekhyun smiled shyly and awkwardly.

“You’re telling me this now?” Kyungsoo’s grip tightened. “THAT IS NOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO SOMEONE WITH A FLIPPING SCALPEL IN THEIR HANDS!”

“ARE YOU THREATENING ME RIGHT NOW?!?”
“MAYBE I AM!”
The two began to bicker as the class watched, luckily and unfortunately the teacher usually steps out of the room during the labs. This meant it was up to Chanyeol and Jongin to break them up.

“KYUNGSOO I SWEAR- Wait, are you crying? Wait Kyungsoo stop hold it in!”

Jongin ran faster than he ever thought he could and grabbed Kyungsoo, throwing him over his shoulder and running out of the room. He made it to the bathroom just as he burst into tears. Now Jongin’s hand rested over Kyungsoo body, when just before his whole arm was holding the boy in place.

“Baekhyun said I-i’m stuck like this f-f-f-orever!” Kyungsoo sobbed on Jongin’s shoulder.

“I know it’s awful, but I’m here for you. I’ll always have your back, just like now. Do you not remember what I said before?” Kyungsoo became a little quieter, most likely trying to remember. “I’ll always protect you Kyungsoo. So don’t cry about this.”

    Jongin had come to learn that Kyungsoo was an even worse crybaby than he thought he was. He was currently sitting outside in the school’s courtyard with a tiny Kyungsoo. He had to run him out of the cafeteria because Kyungsoo was super hungry all day after skipping breakfast and ended up dropping his french fries on the way back to the table. Exhaustion from school and the uncomfortable gurgling of his stomach caused him to cry. At first Jongin let out a heavy sigh due to the fact that this was the fourth time this week he had to run away with a crying Kyungsoo, but as he thought back on all of them he couldn’t help but laugh. Some may have found the predicament annoying, but Jongin found it oddly cute and endearing. Jongin loved protecting Kyungsoo, he felt as though he was born to be there for Kyungsoo through thick and thin. Also, Kyungsoo crying face is quite cute at times. Only when it’s trivial things like this. Everyone in school quickly found out that if Kyungsoo was crying because of them, they most likely wouldn’t live to see another day.

“Do you think I should tell Suho?” Kyungsoo broke Jongin away from his thoughts.

“What? No, that’s not necessary at all.” Jongin quickly told him.

“Why not? I’ve known him forever, he means a lot to me.”

“Does he mean more than me?” Jongin’s illegal puppy dog eyes become prominent on his face.

“Of course not you little ball of jealousy!” Kyungsoo smiled and patted Jongin’s cheek.

“Who are you calling little you shrimp!” Jongin laughed and poked Kyungsoo’s stomach.

“What the hell?!”

Kyungsoo and Jongin looked up to see a horrified Suho with Baekhyun and Chanyeol attempting to tackle him.

“It looks like you didn’t have to tell him.” Jongin and Kyungsoo both eyed Suho who had an unreadable face on display.

“Well , we tried!” Baekhyun yelled as he jumped off of Suho’s back and cleaned off his grass stained pants. “The secrets out!”

Chanyeol waved a hand in front of Suho’s face, attempting to pull him out of his paralyzed state.

“I can explain!” Kyungsoo yelled up.

“T-tiny Kyungsoo...it’s talking. Oh my g-” Suho stuttered before fainting.

“How dramatic.” Baekhyun and Jongin stated in unison.

Now Kyungsoo had to deal with two idiots, a freaked out childhood friend, and an overly jealous boyfriend. Nothing could possibly go wrong….right?

Suho knows now~ hehehe :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Also, I just want to thank everyone that wished and prayed for my father's health. When it was getting harder to deal with it was nice to see your kind comments! Thank you so much! I truly appreciate all of you and everything you do :)