~Chapter Five~

A Tiny Love Story

    Jongin groaned and rolled around constantly on his bed. Sehun had been at his house for five hours now. He was taking up all of Kyungsoo’s attention, and it was so frustrating for Jongin. He wanted to make Kyungsoo laugh and show him all his dance moves, but now Sehun was taking the spotlight. After he heard the two giggling for the fifth obnoxious time in a row he shot up from his bed with a loud grunt and went towards the door before Sehun stopped him, questioning as to where he was going. Only replying with ‘food’ curtly and exiting the room. Kyungsoo stared at the door with a worried expression.

“He’s just jealous Kyungsoo, it’s fine.” Sehun reassured the tiny being.

“I know...I feel bad though.” Kyungsoo looked down at the floor before he began to have a coughing fit.

Sehun patted his back with his finger helping him through the painful coughing fit. Sehun questioned him, but Kyungsoo just waved him off.  Sehun forced him to let him feel his forehead though, leaving him shocked by how hot it is.

“Kyungsoo you’re burning up!” Sehun shouted.

“I’m fine Sehun! Stop yelling!”

Kyungsoo stood up, trying to show Sehun that he is perfectly healthy, but fell back down in the process. Sehun shouted again and went to help Kyungsoo when the tiny boy suddenly fainted on the desk. Sehun got up and ran to the open door and called out to Jongin.

“What do you want?” Jongin yelled back angrily through a mouth full of noodles.

“Kyungsoo passed out!”

Jongin instantly dropped his chopsticks and began running up the steps. He burst into the room to see Kyungsoo laying on the table and a distressed Sehun hovering over him.

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin ran over and assessed him. “What happened to him!?”
“He started coughing and then I felt his forehead and it was super hot and then he fainted I don’t know what to do!”

“Go downstairs and get a napkin, a bowl of warm water, and all the medicine you see in the cabinet! NOW!!”

Sehun rushed out of the room to do as he was told. Jongin gently picked up Kyungsoo and placed him on the pillow and brought up the blanket, hoping that the one, large blanket would break the fever. Sehun came back out of breath and handed all the items he asked for. Kyungsoo ripped up the napkin and dipped it into the water, then he gently placed it on Kyungsoo’s forehead.

“Ahhh now I get it.” Sehun nodded. “What kind of medicine does he need? Cold or flu?”

“I’m not sure. What’s the difference between the two?”

“I don’t know that’s what google is for!”

“Then google it damn it!”

Sehun pulled out his phone to search the list of symptoms whilst Jongin search the bin of medicine. He found a fever reducer and shouted for joy as he pulled out the pill cutter and began chopping it into tiny pieces. He went to grab water to see that there wasn’t any.

“SEHUN WHERE IS THE THIMBLE OF WATER!?”

“YOU DID NOT LIST A THIMBLE OF WATER!”
“I DON’T CARE GET IT!!!”

Sehun groaned and ran back downstairs to retrieve the water.

    Jongin gently shook Kyungsoo to wake him. He opened his eyes slowly and looked around. He tried to croak out his name,but Jongin shushed him and smiled. He sat him up slowly and fed him the medicine and water, then gently sat him back down. He got up and began to push Sehun out of the room.

“What are you doing? I want to see if Kyungsoo is okay!”

“He is and he doesn’t need you! Go home!” Jongin slammed the door and returned to Kyungsoo’s side.

    Kyungsoo awoke to see Jongin watching over him. Jongin smiled warmly only to get smacked on the nose by Kyungsoo’s tiny hand. He laughed and gently poked Kyungsoo’s side. He was going to ask Kyungsoo how he was feeling but he could tell that it was much better than before. He excused himself for a second to come back with a tiny thimble filled with chicken noodle soup and a regular bowl of it.

“Did you make this?” Kyungsoo’s voice was still hoarse.

“Does pouring it out of a can and microwaving it count?” Jongin asked.

“For today it will!” Kyungsoo began slurping the soup. “By the way...I’m sorry.”

“Kyungsoo, how many times do I have to tell you you’re not a burd-”

“That’s not what I’m apologizing for. I feel bad because I was trying to make you jealous on purpose.”

“Wait...what?”

“I wanted to make you jealous….”

“Why?”

“No reason.” Kyungsoo turned his face away to hide his growing blush.

“Tell me. Tell me Kyungsoo. KYUNGSOOOOOOO~” Jongin repeatedly poked Kyungsoo trying to get him to answer.

“BecauseILikeYouVeryMuchAndWantedToSeeIfYouDidToo”

“I did not understand one thing you just said young man.”

“I’m older than you.”

“Hush that’s not the important part right now. Repeat what you said before, slowly.”

Kyungsoo took a deep breath.

“I like you and wanted to see if you liked me as well.”

The silence that fell over the room is exactly what Kyungsoo feared. A million different scenarios of rejection began surging through his head causing him to tear up.

“Woah, woah! Kyungsoo why are you crying?” Jongin quickly scooped Kyungsoo up and brought him close to his face.

“Because you won’t answer me!”

“Well isn’t it obvious?” Kyungsoo glared at Jongin. “Of course I like you!”

“Damn it Jongin! Why didn’t you say that earlier! You made me freak out!” Kyungsoo screamed whilst hitting Jongin’s nose.

“Hey this nose hitting thing isn’t going to become a habit is it?” Kyungsoo decided to answer with another slap. “I’m guessing it’s here to stay.”

    Jongin decided to fix the whole situation by letting Kyungsoo pick the movie they were going to watch. Kyungsoo enthusiastically picked My Neighbor Totoro and almost fainted again when Jongin said he never watched it before. They got in their usual position once the movie started. Jongin was laying down with his head propped up on a pillow whilst Kyungsoo lays on his chest close to his heart, Jongin keeps a protective hand over him. That position was always the most comfortable. They were now getting used to their current predicament and neither could tell if that was a good or bad. Perhaps, it was a bit of both?

I am aware that this is painfully short and I am really sorry about that! I was going to make this chapter longer but something came up in my family and I'm having a hard time handling it. I'm still writing, just at a slower pace than usual since my mind is so full it feels as though it's about to burst. I hope you understand! Also, thank you for subscribing, upvoting, and commenting! I truly appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!