~Chapter Ten~

A Tiny Love Story

    Kris began setting up multiple candle sticks with candles of all different colors and lit all of them one by one. He then set a dark, red blanket on the ground that had some weird symbol on it. Once he set up his candles, blankets, various books, and mason jars of god knows what; he began to sprinkle water and rice all over the ground. Everyone watched on in either awe or disgust. Kyungsoo began to groan about the mess he would have to clean up when Kris abruptly shushed him causing the smaller to glare.

“Oh you’re even cuter when you’re angry.” Kris smirked.

“Stop flirting with my boyfriend damn it!” Jongin kicked over one of Kris’s stacks of books.

Kris just rolled his eyes and grabbed another small book from his back pocket.

“Wait, what are all of these other books for?” Chanyeol inquired.

“Oh those are just for show. It makes me look cool though, right?”

“Kyungsoo was right, he is a freak.” Baekhyun called out in an annoyed tone.

“At least he can read Latin.” Chen murmured.

“Excuse me!? I can read Latin! I can also speak it! There different you know!!!” Baekhyun screamed ready to pounce on the boy.

Chanyeol pulled his boyfriend onto his lap and rubbed calming circles on his back. Chanyeol may be an idiot, but he definitely knows how to deal with Baekhyun. Jongin sighed and rested his face in his hands. It was going to be a long day.

    After an hour of bickering and Kris’s “preparation”, Kyungsoo was called over to sit in the middle of the weird symbol on the blanket. Earlier Kyungsoo had asked if the symbol was also for show, but Kris said it was a true symbol and didn’t go into anymore detail. The fact that Kyungsoo didn’t really know the meaning of this symbol kind of freaked him out. Kyungsoo glanced over at Chanyeol and Chen who were holding down Jongin. Jongin didn’t feel right about this whole process and if it was going to happen he wanted to be right there with Kyungsoo the entire time. Kris wouldn’t let him though, he said it would mess up the magic. Jongin being himself though ignored Kris’s words and tried to join Kyungsoo anyways. Kyungsoo was also feeling uneasy, and it wasn’t because of the creepy symbol on the blanket. Something about the entire process seemed off. Maybe it was the fact that Kris was kind of strange...ok really strange. Perhaps, it was the creepy atmosphere that seemed to consume the room. Something just wasn’t sitting right in Kyungsoo’s stomach, and he was hoping it’s because he hadn’t eaten yet that day. Kris opened his small book and began speaking in a tongue Kyungsoo’s never heard before, which confused him. He used to sit with Baekhyun in the library when the boy would study for his Latin class and the words coming out of Kris’s mouth didn’t sound the least bit familiar. Kyungsoo was about to shrug it off, considering he didn’t study the language himself, until he saw Baekhyun’s equally shocked and confused face.

“Hey, I thought you said he only used Latin magic books? What is he doing?” Baekhyun asked Chen.

“He said that was what he does.” Chen looked confused.

“Chen, that is not Latin….wait what is he doing!?”

Bright lights began to shine from the weird symbol, engulfing Kyungsoo in the brightness. Baekhyun gasped and tried to run towards his best friend, but something stopped him. Yet, there was nothing there in front of him. Chen and Chanyeol let go of Jongin in all the shock, setting the boy free. Jongin ran at full speed but was thrown back by whatever was blocking him.

“What’s going on!? Kyungsoo!” Jongin rammed his fists on the invisible force.

“Is it….a force field?” Chanyeol suggested as he felt it himself.

Suddenly, a huge explosion of wind took over the room sending the boys and other objects in the room flying everywhere. When Jongin got back up Kris’s set up was still there, but Kyungsoo and the damned magician were gone.

“Oh my god...Kyungsoo...he’s...he’s gone!” Chen looked absolutely terrified.

Jongin was ten times worse though. This is the second time Jongin has lost Kyungsoo, and in the span of a week. Jongin glared over at Chen who paled instantly. Jongin shot up and grabbed Chen by the collar and raised his fist, but Chanyeol quickly grabbed it.

“We don’t have time for you to be angry! If you beat him up how are we gonna find Kyung?”

Jongin nodded and pushed Chen away. All of a sudden the door to the room slammed open revealing an out of breath Kris tied up in ropes.

“Where did you take Kyungsoo?!” Baekhyun yelled.

“Oh god it already happened!” Kris fell to his knees.

“What the hell are you going on about?” Jongin spat.

“The Kris from before that wasn’t me.”

Hey everyone! So this is a short filler chapter to get you ready for the next adventure for this odd couple!!! More shrinking will happen soon I promise! I wanted to get this out since I'm going on a retreat with my class for the next couple of days and they're sadly taking away all electronics. :( Even though it was short, I hoped you guys still liked this chapter!! Love you all~~