~Chapter One~

A Tiny Love Story

Jongin watched Kyungsoo receive his graded test with a deadly glare. He knew when his seat mate came back he would want to compare their tests and see who did better. Jongin prayed to every deity he knew off hoping that once in his life he would beat Kyungsoo. Since kindergarten the other boy beat Jongin in everything. Grades, popularity, even cooking. The only thing he was better at was sports. Jongin took great pride in his athletic ability just because of the fact the Kyungsoo was the least athletic person he’s ever met. Jongin actually hates sports. They were boring and he always got way too sweaty for comfort. He could deal with the sweatiness and exhaustion though, as long as it meant showing off in front of his long time rival.

    Kyungsoo walked back towards his seat mate with his test held tightly to his chest. He was hoping that his 100% would impress his long time crush. Nothing else seemed to impress him. He’s always tried so hard to do things that Jongin did. Of course fate had to be cruel and make the boy an amazing athlete. Kyungsoo was the exact opposite. He couldn’t even properly catch a ball. He still tried out for all the teams though and was cut every time. So he attempted to get closer to his crush in other ways. Like running for student council when Jongin was. Kyungsoo won class president whilst Jongin won Vice president. He thought this was the perfect setting to become closer. Instead, the boy avoided Kyungsoo as if he were the plague.

    The small boy sat in his seat next to the tan boy he shared the large desk with. He turned towards the beautiful boy with a heart shaped smile plastered on his face and asked him what he received on his test. Jongin replied by shoving his test on the desk in front of Kyungsoo. He had a 98% written in red in the top corner. Kyungsoo congratulated him and told him what an amazing job he did. Jongin gave him a look and the small boy realized that he was wondering what he got. Kyungsoo handed him his test, their hands brushing against each other in the process. Jongin wasn’t phased at all but Kyungsoo on the other hand was trying to calm his chaotic heart. He looked down at his fair hand and wished he could clasp it around his crush’s golden, tan one. Jongin growled and muttered an “of course” before giving the test back to Kyungsoo and putting his head down and sleeping. Kyungsoo sighed and wished Jongin would converse with him about the test. It seemed that it would only happen in his daydreams though.

 

    At lunch Kyungsoo just sat at the table sighing as his best friend Baekhyun cuddled with his boyfriend Chanyeol. They both worried about their friend’s depressing state and inquired as to what was bugging him. He ranted about all of his feelings and how he wished Jongin and him could become closer. Suddenly, Baekhyun’s face lit up and he reached into his backpack. He pulled out an old, brown, leather book that was adorned with gold writing and a gold lock. Baekhyun took off his necklace which bared an oddly shaped key and stuck it into the lock on the front of the book. Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo questioned what the boy was up to.

“You both know how I’ve been really into magic lately, right?” Both boys nodded towards Baekhyun. “Well this spell book truly does work. I’ve tested it out multiple times! I’m sure there is something in here that could help you Kyungie!”

“I don’t really think that’s a good idea Baek.You know your Latin , what if you misinterpret and kill Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo’s face paled. He tried to tell his friend to not worry and just let things happen naturally. He also doesn’t know if he entirely believes it works. Baekhyun could be pretty gullible. The times it worked could have just been coincidences. Baekhyun let out a shout of excitement when he found what he was looking for. Before Kyungsoo could stop him his idiot friend began reciting something in a language he couldn’t understand, which he assumed was Latin, and pointed towards him. There weren’t any sparks or bright lights appearing. Kyungsoo didn’t feel any different. Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo with a pout. Clearly he was disappointed.

“Maybe it affected Jongin instead?” Chanyeol suggested in attempt to cheer up his sulking boyfriend.

They all glanced over towards said boy’s table but nothing was different. Jongin and his friends were all laughing and throwing food at each other like they usually do. Not like Kyungsoo watches everyday or anything, he just knows they always get into stupid food fights. The bell resonated through the room and they headed for their next classes. Kyungsoo had gym whilst Baekhyun and Chanyeol had chemistry.

“Sorry about that Baek, maybe it’s a dud?” Kyungsoo reassured his friend before heading off to the locker room.

He opened the door to the locker room and didn’t pay attention to the path he was walking in. He was stopped when he ran into something firm and warm. He looked up to see a tan chest, he then looked up further to see Jongin glaring down at him. Kyungsoo tried to gulp down the lump in his throat. He usually tries to avoid looking towards Jongin’s direction in the locker room so a blush wouldn’t creep on his face, but now he was face to face with the boy’s bare chest. Wait a minute. Kyungsoo might be short, but he wasn’t that short the last time he checked. Was Jongin wearing insoles perhaps? Kyungsoo decided that that had to be it.

Jongin rolled his eyes and walked around Kyungsoo who was currently deep in thought. He walked out of the locker room and threw on his shirt as he continued his way. Kyungsoo shook himself out of his daze and continued to his locker. He unlocked the door and began getting changed when he started coughing violently. He looked down at his hand that he was just coughing into and saw a purple dust had covered his palm. Fearfully he texted Baekhyun and hoped he would check his phone in his boring class. Kyungsoo continued coughing out purple dust as he changed back into his school uniform. He had to go to the nurse, there was no way he was going to gym like this. He pulled out his phone again and saw rapid texts coming in from Baekhyun. He slid open his phone and tried to read the texts even though his vision was getting extremely blurry and his head was spinning.  He leaned against the lockers and began breathing erratically. He read the texts out loud;

“Urgent! I read the Latin wrong!! Kyungie I used a shrinking spell! I am coming to find you right now, get out of that gym class!”

Kyungsoo tried to continue walking but then everything went black.

 

    Kyungsoo awoke slowly, he still felt dizzy. He sat up and looked to his side to see a giant Pororo plushie staring back at him. It took Kyungsoo a minute to realize that the Pororo plushie wasn’t giant but he was infact tiny. He remembered Baekhyun’s texts and quickly jumped to his feet. That plushie was his phone’s keychain that Baekhyun got him for his sixteenth birthday. He calmed himself down and decided that he needed to get in contact with his friend now. He was about to climb onto his phone when the locker room door opened with a deafening slam. Kyungsoo covered his ears and cowered behind the Pororo keychain. All the teenage boys were being loud and rowdy as usual, it was hurting poor Kyungsoo’s tiny ears.

    After what felt forever there was only one boy left in the locker room. That boy just so happened to be Kim Jongin. The boy was taking his time considering he had study hall eighth period and seniors could leave early if that was how their schedule turned out. The boy began talking to himself.

“That little twerp came to the locker room, why wasn’t he in class?”

Kyungsoo realized that the little twerp must be him. He placed his hands over his heart and sighed. Jongin thought about him, maybe he was even worried. The tiny boy seemed to forgot that he was just called a twerp and lulled into a daydream. His daydream kept him from hearing the footsteps that were coming closer to him. He also didn’t realize that his phone was picked up and he was out in the open. He finally came to his senses when the tan boy let out a loud gasp. Kyungsoo jumped up with shock and cowered closer to the lockers. Even his love for Jongin couldn’t stop the strong sense of fear that was flowing through his body. Tears began to flood to his eyes and he turned into a sobbing mess.

Jongin couldn’t believe what he saw in front of him. His longtime rival was no bigger than than the iphone four he held in his hand. He was about to freak out when he heard the tiny one’s sobs. He felt bad for the poor guy. All those years of jealousy washed away instantly. He reached his hand out slowly towards Kyungsoo who flinched.

“Hey don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.” Jongin cooed softly as if he was talking to an injured puppy. “I want to help you.”

Kyungsoo tried to calm his crying and slowly walked towards Jongin’s open hand. He slowly climbed on and fit perfectly. Jongin rose from the ground slowly so he wouldn’t scare, or ever worse drop Kyungsoo. He asked the tiny boy how this happened and Kyungsoo explained everything. Well, not exactly everything. He left out the whole ‘I did this because I want to be closer to you’ part. Jongin’s eyes were filled with nothing but sympathy which was quite refreshing compared to his usual glare. Suddenly, the locker room door slammed open and Jongin held Kyungsoo close to his chest to hide him. Kyungsoo has never been so flustered before. He’s been face to face with Jongin’s chest twice in one day. It must be a miracle.

“DO KYUNGSOO!!! WHERE ARE YOU TINY CHILD!!!” Baekhyun called out.

Baekhyun then saw Jongin and let out an awkward cough.

“I think you’re looking for him.” Jongin held out his hand that held the blushing Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun ran over and assessed the tiny boy closely. He let out a sigh of relief and placed his hands on his hips.

“Well it’s good that you’re safe, but I am afraid I have to be the bearer of bad news. I have no idea how to fix this. I can’t find a revert spell anywhere in the book.”

If Kyungsoo was big enough he would’ve beaten the crap out of his friend, but instead his tiny self starts to sob again. Jongin started to worry again when he heard the cries.

“Hey hey don’t cry I’m sure Baekhyun will find a way to fix this! Right Baekhyun?”

“Uhhhh….Yeah! Totally! I’ll go home and do research right now. I would bring you home with me but I have a cat and I don’t trust that little devil around you, Chanyeol has a pet as well. What about you Jongin?”
What looked like an angelic smile to Jongin was actually a mischievous smirk. Kyungsoo knew exactly what that idiot was up to and for once, he wanted to encourage him to continue his scheme.

“I live with my aunt who is allergic to practically everything so we don’t have any pets. I could take care of Kyungsoo until then, but what about his parents?”

Baekhyun’s smiled faded and so did Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo looked up at his friend clearly giving him the permission to talk for him.

“Kyungsoo lives alone.”

It became awkwardly quiet until Baekhyun tried to lighten everything up by making a joke about how Kyungsoo’s truly a shorty now. Baekhyun dismissed himself to find a revert spell leaving Kyungsoo and Jongin alone once again. Jongin tried to think of a way to bring the little one home. He couldn’t just carry him out in the open, but he’d get squashed in his schoolbag. Jongin cringed at the thought. Then it came to him. He gently placed the adorable boy in his chest pocket. Kyungsoo popped his out of the top cutely and looked up. He looked so fricking cute to Jongin. There was no way he could deny it. He always saw Kyungsoo as adorable, but his jealousy always clouded all of his thoughts. Kyungsoo reassured the giant boy that he was comfortable and slid back down into the pocket. He could feel the boy’s heartbeat and it was slowly lulling him to sleep.

 
So I hope you enjoyed~~  I really liked this idea in class, but my classmates that were in my group don't like kpop let alone fanfiction :(  Please comment and let me know what you think!!!!