Chapter five

Burning

 


 

“You are not throwing some girly party in my room.” Woozi tried to argue. But somehow, between Seungkwan’s and Mingyu’s pleads and even Chan’s puppy eyes, he came to agree to the idea. It may have something to do with Seungcheol convincing him that it will be fun, but he’s not gonna admit it. Also, anyone trying to prove that will suffer. Like Seungkwan, who receives a heavy pillow straight in the face.

What he didn’t agree on is playing the waiter for them. So when Mingyu requests food for the third time he angrily snaps.

“Go buy your own food! What part of I don’t have anything you don’t understand?”

And then silence falls, cold and awkward, and Woozi kind of regrets his words because now everyone’s looking at him shocked. In moments like this he hates his anti-social personality and his anger management problems. He also hates that he doesn’t know how to fix this. There are people, example: Seungkwan, who in moments like this will crack a joke and everything will be back to normal. But he is not like that. He has no idea how to make people laugh or how to at least make the atmosphere less awkward. Now it’s obvious that he just spoiled everyone’s fun. Gulping, he sets his head down, scratching his pants with his nails, waiting for everyone to get up and leave.

But to his surprise, nobody actually moves. Except for a hand that slowly makes its way towards his own.

“I’m also quite hungry.” Seungcheol speaks, his voice closer to Woozi’s ear than the smaller recalls. He watches as Seungcheol’s strong fingers curl around his frail ones but doesn’t say anything. He just keeps scanning Seungcheol’s hand, tracing with his eyes every vein and patch of soft skin, and basking in the comfort he receives from the way the older slowly caresses the back of his palm with his thumb.

“How about we go and buy some food while the rest of you think of what you want to do tonight?” Seungcheol asks a few seconds later and Woozi hears the hums of approval from the others. What he doesn’t expect is Seungcheol’s low, sweet voice in his ear, urging him to get up.

“What?” he asks, keeping his own voice as a whisper but raising his eyes to face the older. He really doesn’t want to attract attention right now.

“You are coming with me.” Seungcheol announces softly. There’s no smile on his face this time, but his eyes sparkle with the same warmth as ever.

“But…” Woozi wants to argue that he can’t leave. He doesn’t want to let four people alone in his room, if it were for him he wouldn’t let them in at all. But Seungcheol stands up and drags him along, ignoring the confused look the smaller sports.

“Chan!” Seungcheol calls as he hands Woozi his coat, even going as far as guiding the pink haired boy’s arms in their holes. The maknae shots his head up.

“We leave you in charge. Make sure they don’t ruin anything.” The smile that blossoms on Chan’s face is almost blinding.

“Yes, hyung!” he half shouts and Woozi wonders if this is really a good idea.

“But, he’s the youngest!” Woozi hears Seungkwan's indignant protest, but he may be too busy staring at Seungcheol face and basking in the attention the latter showers him with as he prepares the smaller to get out, zipping his coat and helping him put his shoes on. Woozi hates when people call him small and treat him like a child, but he somehow loves when Seungcheol babies him.

“He is also the most mature one and only one I can actually trust.” Seungcheol says back, but there’s no harm in his voice, just playfulness. “Sorry guys, but I don’t really know you.” He adds for Mingyu and Wonwoo. As Woozi waits for the older to also get dressed he stares at his shoes. The atmosphere is less tense now, Seungkwan complaining about the unfairness of Seungcheol’s decision, shortly followed by Mingyu when he learns Chan’s age, but Woozi still feels awkward and slightly guilty for ruining it before.

“We are going.” Seungcheol announces as he slowly pushes Woozi out of the room. In the last second, the smaller turns around, gaining enough courage to raise his voice.

“Don’t touch anything on my desk.” He says as he accidentally makes eye contact with Seungkwan. There’s surprise and something else mixed in the younger’s eyes, something that looks slightly as reservation and maybe fear. And Woozi regrets his outburst from earlier some more. He lets his eyes fall on his shoes once again and he cowers a little.

“Do you hide anything there?” Seungkwan playful voice makes him raise his head once again. The reluctance is the other’s eyes is gone, replaced with something warmer, but somehow sad. But the usual smirk is placed on Seungkwan’s lips and Woozi knows that he tries to help him, that Seungkwan forgave him.

“Just, don’t mess things up.” He replies and Seungkwan smirk enlarges. “And keep Mingyu as far from it as possible. Also, don’t let him take pictures.” He adds, remembering the first time the giant came in his room.

“Hey!” Mingyu protests but Woozi closes the door after him and follows Seungcheol down the hall.

They walk in silence towards the exit of the building. Seungcheol is pretty close, enough for Woozi to feel his body warmth on the freezing air outside, but not enough so they touch each other. It's nice. Woozi feels like Seungcheol is leaving him a choice. He is close enough for Woozi to reach if he wants too, but doesn’t impose himself upon the smaller. Sighing, the pink haired boy approaches the other with just a few more centimetres. He throws a quick glance at Seungcheol face, to find him smiling softly as he extend his hand and closes the rest of the almost inexistent distance between their hands, entwining their fingers together. The smaller moves his eyes back to the front, but he can’t keep his mouth corners from raising.

“Are you okay?” Seungcheol asks as they follow the short path to the chicken restaurant across the street. Woozi smile drops and he sighs heavily.

“I’m fine.” He answers, debating whether or not to speak his thought out loud. A small squeeze of hand from the other keeps his going.

“I really hate it when I do this.” He starts and Seungcheol runs his thumb over his hand, showing that he is listening. “I’m really awkward when it comes to socializing.”

“You are never awkward with me.” Seungcheol interrupts him and Woozi wants to tell him that of course he was never awkward with him, that Seungcheol is special, but there’s a knot in his throat and he feels his face getting red. He coughs twice and Seungcheol chuckles as he drags the smaller inside the restaurant. They order the abnormal quantity of food and decide to take a seat until their order is finished. Somehow their hands remain connected.

“Don’t worry too much. I’m sure they are not mad at you or anything.” Seungcheol says after Woozi sighs for the fifth time. The statement itself drags out yet another sigh.

“Maybe they are not. But I wish I wouldn’t be like this.” The other says.

“Like this?”

It takes a few minutes for Woozi to put his thoughts in order so he can explain them, but Seungcheol waits patiently, playing with their fingers.

“I get angry really easy and I snap at everyone. I just wish I could be more… I don’t know really. Able to sustain a conversation without ruining it?” It ends up like a question but Seungcheol know it’s not one he could answer. So he just waits for Woozi to freely empty his mind.

“Sometimes I’m scarred of even opening my mouth. What if I end up saying something wrong? I hate it when I ruin others’ fun, you know?” And there comes another sigh, deeper than the others, as the smaller closes his eyes and lets his head fall back, to rest on the wall behind their seats.

“That shouldn’t stop you from talking with us.” Seungcheol speaks after a while. He also leans back, but faces Woozi so he could closely watch his reactions. “Even if you are scared, you should try to speak loud your thoughts. Nobody’s gonna judge you.”

“You saw what happened earlier.” Woozi argues back. Seungcheol sighs. He raises his hand to smother the frowns on the other’s forehead and the let it slide in Woozi’s hair, slowly massaging his soft locks. The smaller relaxes a little, leaning more back.

“They were just surprised. The atmosphere was a little itchy with the new guys so they didn’t know how to react. It’s not like you don’t know Seungkwan or Chan. Normally they would just give you a sarcastic reply or something.” Woozi just nods shortly, still enjoying the massage.

“So don’t worry too much about it, okay? I bet when we’ll go back everything will be back to normal.”

 

If Woozi would have known what normal actually meant, he would have wish for the situation to stay awkward. The moment he and Seungcheol opened the door they were welcomed with loud laugher and an even louder singing Seungkwan. Now, Woozi knows what an amazing singer Seungkwan is, but this time the younger decided to sing some girl song, and if that was not enough, he was trying to imitate the overly sweet voice of a ten year-old little girl. The urge to get out of the room, or better, to throw the noise maker out of the window, really overcomes Woozi. There's even more as he notices that Seungkwan also started dancing on the said song, along with Mingyu and Dino, while Wonwoo seems to have a concussion caused by laugher. He is so close to explode, all the guilt from earlier forgotten.

“Food is here!” a voice behind him screams to cover the noise, successfully ruining Woozi’s plan to bomb them all. He turns to give Seungcheol a glare, but the taller only responds with a shrug as he pushes them both further in the room.

Luckily, Seungcheol’s announcement stopped the ruckus, everyone turning their hungry eyes towards the bags the two of them were carrying. Woozi has half of mind to hide behind him one of the bags before Seungkwan and Mingyu run to them. He doesn’t know what happens next, but a few seconds later he wakes up pushed on Seungcheol’s side and with the bags missing. He watches in shock as the other four dig into the bags like nothing happened when he feels like he was just attacked by some wild animals.

“Woah, hyung! You took my favourite!” Chan gleeful voice breaks the state he is in. He feels Seungcheol heavy breath ruffling the top of his hair as the older sighs deeply. Woozi lifts his head to see him pouting a little as he watches how the others start eating. And even if he really doesn’t want to accept this, the smaller wants to pinch Seungcheol’s cheeks or something because the taller looks absolutely adorable with his big, sad eyes and small pout. Instead he just raises the bag he hid and when Seungcheol face brightens into a large smile, Woozi can’t stop himself from feeling all giddy and maybe a little bit proud because he caused that smile. Eventually they join the others and start eating after Woozi shoves Wonwoo off his bed so he and Seungcheol can share it comfortably.

“So you guys have any idea about what we’ll do tonight?” Seungcheol asks after he finishes his food. You’ll think that he won’t eat so much after they ate like an hour ago, but both he and Chan finished a box of chicken and Seungcheol even helped Woozi finished his own after the smaller declared that he’s full.

“Yes!” Seungkwan announces excitedly.

“No more girl dances in my room.” Woozi interrupts him as he absent-mindedly pokes Seungcheol’s leg with a chicken bone. The older chuckles softly and he takes a bone to poke Woozi back. They both miss the angry pout on Seungkwan face as they start to sword-fight with their bones.

“Fine.” Seungkwan responds. “Then we are playing ‘Truth or Dare’.”

“Yah, sure, whatever.” The pink haired boy says. He grins, eyes shining in amusement, as Seungcheol drops his bone. The others turn to him, mouths open in surprise.

“You are seriously agreeing with…” Mingyu begins but Seungkwan stops him right away, shoving a piece of chicken in the giant’s mouth.

“Okay! You said yes, you can't back down now!” He almost screams, covering Mingyu’s chokes.

“Wait, what?” Woozi turns to the younger in surprise, finally realizing what the other said.

“You’ve just agreed to play ‘Truth or dare’ with us, hyung.” Chan answers him, also in shock.

“I did not!” the small male argues but Seungkwan ignores his protest.

“No take back, hyung. You are playing.” He ends it. Woozi wants to protest, but Seungcheol’s hand on his thigh stops him.

“It’s gonna be fun.” The older whispers in his ear. The others seem pretty excited about it, except Wonwoo who seemed to enjoy wearing his emo face again, so Woozi thinks that he can let it slide for once. He remembers his conversation with Seungcheol from earlier and decides to try to open up a little more to his… friends. And what a better way to do that than a classic ‘Truth or dare’ game. If he would have known then what waits for him he would have never accepted.

Seungkwan dug in Woozi’s fridge after a bottle of water and then made everyone sit in a circle on the floor. Woozi found himself pressed between and overexcited Mingyu and nonchalant Seungcheol. The small room forces them to stay closer than the smaller would like, but he tries not to complain too much about it. He also does his best to ignore the fact that he sits between two of the tallest persons in the room, and that it makes him feel even smaller. The only person that seems just as displeased as him is Wonwoo, but the fact that he sits next to a blushing Mingyu seems to shut him up.

“Soooooo~” Seungkwan starts and Woozi swears the speaker is almost bouncing from excitement as he takes the bottle in his hand. “I go first.” The boy announces as he spins the bottle. It lands on Wonwoo and the poor guy is dared to do some ridiculous aegyo that makes everyone cringe in the end. But Seungkwan seems pretty proud of him.

And it starts from there. Next, Wonwoo kind of forces Mingyu to admit that he’s “interested” in him, which makes the giant blush even more and gains a few teasing remarks from Seungkwan. Dino is then dared to walk in hands around the room. What Woozi thinks is going to be the worst dare for the night comes from Dino, who dares Seungcheol to sleep in Woozi’s bed tonight, together with the owner. It is kind of awkward, but Seungcheol accepts it, clamming that there is nothing wrong with it, they are just going to sleep. Woozi makes a side-note to take revenge on the maknae for this, but the kid has been hanging out with Seungkwan so he can’t really blame him.

Speaking of the devil, the bottle lands back to Seungkwan who, after he confesses his undying love for the worst teacher in their school, quite dramatically too, spins the bottle and it lands on Woozi. The short male gulps hard and throws a threatening glare to the younger. Actually, he would prefer anyone else to ask him things. He sees the mischievous glint in the other’s eyes and in a moment of hesitance he thinks that he would anything rather than answer to one of Seungkwan’s questions.

“Dare.” He chooses and sighs in relief when Seungkwan’s smile falters but, unfortunately, it’s soon replaced by a smirk.

“I dare you to sit in Seungcheol hyung’s lap for the rest of the game.” Seungkwan announces proudly leaving the pink haired boy gasping.

“No way!” he shouts but Seungkwan is having none of it, declaring that it’s his own fault for choosing dare. In the end Seungcheol himself has to drag the smaller in his lap to end the bickering so that they can go back to the game.

“It’s okay.” He says and his lips are so close to Woozi’s ear that the younger can feel every breath he takes. “It’s gonna end soon, you’ll see.” The sentence maybe would have calmed Woozi a little if he wasn’t so preoccupied by the hands Seungcheol decided to rest around his waist. He can feel he blood rush to his cheeks and he tries to hide it by staring down. That doesn’t help a bit as he is left to stare at his and Seungcheol’s hands in his own lap and maybe he just wants to move a little so they can touch.

Seungkwan's dark chuckle stops him. With another glare at the diva he spins the bottle. It lands on Wonwoo and Woozi knows that he shouldn’t take revenge on others, but the evil part in him can’t help but want to make others feel his pain.

“Dare?” Wonwoo chooses, uncertainty dripping off. The short male smirks and he sees how Wonwoo’s eyes enlarge with fear.

“I dare you to ask Mingyu out on a date.” However, the effect is not the one that Woozi expected. Actually, Wonwoo fear disappears, his face morphing into a flirty smirk as he turns to the giant next to him.

“Next Friday, 8 pm, we are going to movies.” He announces. Woozi wonders is this is fair, since he told Wonwoo to “ask” Mingyu out and there is definitely no question there. But it seems more effective anyway as Mingyu turns beet red and starts stuttering. It makes Woozi laugh out loud, Seungkwan joining him soon and Chan whooo-ing around. Even Seungcheol chuckles, sending shivers down Woozi’s spine as he feels his breath on the back on his neck and the taller’s chest vibrating on his back.

“Aren’t you cute!?” Wonwoo coos at the giant, making him stutter even more. Deciding to end the other’ misery, Wonwoo spins the bottle and it lands on Seungcheol for the first time. Woozi already regrets his actions as he sees Wonwoo eyes turning into slits.

“Truth or dare?” the dark haired one asks, a smirk making its way on his face. Woozi turns his head slightly to watch Seungcheol. The taller seems quite troubled, probably weighing his choices. 

“Da…” he starts to say and Woozi pinches his hand, stopping him. When Seungcheol sets his eyes on him, the smaller shakes his head vigorously. Wonwoo seems like the type that won’t refrain from daring really stupid things. Seungcheol sighs.

“Truth, then.” He says. But this game was always a double-edged sword and Wonwoo must have already known this as his smirk grows.

“Is it true…” he starts and both Woozi and Seungcheol keep their breath because it’s obvious that this is not going to be an easy question. Wonwoo snickers.

“Is it true...” he says again, playfully lengthening his words. “that you enjoy Woozi’s on your lap?” And the bomb drops. It is followed by wave after wave of shock, embarrassment and shouts, angry from Woozi, excited from Seungkwan who congratulates Wonwoo on his idea, and loud laughs from Mingyu and Chan.

“What kind of question is that?!” Woozi screams over all the noise, trying to convince himself that his red face is caused by anger and not by something else. He doesn’t even want to think of what else it could be.

“It’s a game. He has to answer.” Wonwoo replies calmly but he is obviously enjoying this. Woozi is sure this is the first time he sees the other smile so brightly. The worst part is that the pretend-to-be-emo-so-I-can-look-cool guy is right. They all did their dares and answered their questions until now and Seungcheol doesn’t really have a choice. He is somehow tempted to turn around but he is also scarred of what Seungcheol’s face will show. Fortunately, the others calm down a bit. The bad part, all of them turn around to watch the duo. Woozi really wants to crawl as far as he can from Seungcheol’s lap. But a daring look from Seungkwan makes him stay put.

“Your answer?” Wonwoo asks again, one eyebrow challenging raised. Woozi can feel the gulp Seungcheol takes before he coughs twice, probably to warm up his throat or to get rid of the embarrassment. The thing is that even after that, the older still doesn’t say a word. So in his curiosity, Woozi turns around. Their eye contact it’s awkward and it makes both of them blush even more, Seungcheol averting his eyes to something on the wall and Woozi turning back to the front.

“Ahem.” Seungkwan clears his throat loudly, making obvious that they start to lose their patience. There’s another cough behind him that makes Woozi’s spine vibrate before Seungcheol lets out a small:

“Yes.”   

It’s barely auditable, but enough for Woozi to transform into a tomato… a burning one. Stubbornly, he locks his eyes on his lap, ignoring the whistles and laughs around him. Somebody, seems like Mingyu, reminds Seungcheol to spin the bottle. But in order to do so, Seungcheol has to bend forward, which only makes them more flustered as it kills the only distance there was between their bodies. Fortunately, in spite of his trembling hand, Seungcheol successfully spins the bottle and it lands on Chan.

“Truth.” The youngest says, happy that he is probably the one with less to loose in the room.

“Umm…” Seungcheol tries, still fighting to find his words. He obviously has some troubles thinking of something since it takes him enough for the diva of the group to get annoyed.

“Oh come on already! If you don’t have any ideas I’ll ask for you.” Seungcheol sighs a little and makes a sign to the sassy boy to follow his wish. Seungkwan turns to the maknae and narrows his eyes.

“You are pretty clean.” He admits after a minute of thinking. Chan smiles largely.

“Oh I know!” Seungkwan suddenly semi-screams, scarring the kid. “Are you moving? I saw boxes when I was at your place last week and I forgot to ask.” It seems like an innocent question, probably the most normal one so far. But it is not as Chan smile slowly drags its corners down.

“Um… no. Actually, my dad does.” He says, voice so little they all have to bend forward a bit to catch it. The atmosphere turns cold instantly. Woozi can even feel the warmth of his cheeks leaving him. Somebody doesn’t catches the mood, though.

“Why?” Seungkwan stupidly asks and Woozi contemplates how to kill the kid because it’s obvious that this is a sensitive topic and it shouldn’t be discussed in game. The smile Chan manages to put on it’s painful to watch.

“My parents are divorcing.” He says, trying to sound optimistic, but how does one do that when it comes to things like this? It seemed to shock Seungkwan, as he freezes, mouth slightly open and eyes large. The youngest chuckles a bit, trying to ease the atmosphere, as he takes the bottle in his hand.

“My turn, right?” he asks before spinning it. It lands on Wonwoo again but everyone is still too shocked to actually care.

“So hyung! How many girlfriends have you had so far? Or boyfriends.” He adds after stealing a glance at Mingyu. Wonwoo’s distracted reply does nothing to brighten the mood.

“None. I don’t do relationships.”

They all turn to watch the emo-boy, Mingyu more shocked than anyone else.

“Ooookay.” Seungkwan loudly says when he sees the giant open his mouth. “I think we should change the game. This is getting strange.” He announces.

“YES!!” Woozi approves, jumping to his feet and running to his bed, the farthest point from Seungcheol and his lap. It only makes the oldest blush again.

“Actually, I want to sleep. I’m pretty tired.” Chan says. And when they look at the clock Woozi has on his wall they see that it’s almost middle night. It’s normal for the youngest to be tired at this hour, especially after the dance practice he had today.

“Well then…” Wonwoo says as he sits up and fixes up his pants creases with his palm. “I’ll go back to my room.”

“What? But it’s a sleepover.” Seungkwan protests, shocked that the other even thinks of leaving. But the emo boy seems quite awkward with the situation, probably realising what he said earlier. And with Mingyu still staring at him like a fish, no one can really blame Wonwoo for wanting to leave.

“Well, we can’t all sleep here anyway. There’s no space for that.” Wonwoo reasons and it’s kind of true. The bed barely can manage two persons and there’s not enough room on the flour or other 4 grown up boys the sleep on.

“I’ll be also going home.” Mingyu announces, finally passing over the shock.   

“Are you sure it’s okay at this hour?” Woozi asks. Seungkwan seems a little deflated that the sleepover didn’t go as he planned, but for once he doesn’t voice out his complaints. Mingyu just raises his shoulders in reply, getting his car keys out of his pocket to silently show that he is going to drive home.

“Okay then.” Woozi shrugs it off and gets up to actually walk them out, as the proper host he is.  Both Mingyu and Wonwoo seem a little distracted while they bid their goodbyes to the others before leaving. Woozi closes the door after them with a sigh.

“I told you this is not a good idea.” He accuses as soon he turns around. Seungkwan replies with an angry pout.

“I wasn’t so bad.” Chan tries. But even he probably knows the truth.

“Mingyu seemed pretty sad.” Seungkwan talks softly, mostly to himself. Woozi wants to scold the kid but he stops himself. After all is really not Seungkwan’s fault.

“Of course he was, it looks like he really likes Wonwoo.” He says instead. He walks back to his bed and sits cross-legged on it.

“They’ll figure it out, I’m sure.” Seungcheol finally speaks. The look Woozi gives him reflects all the uncertainty the shorter feels. Seungcheol tries to offer him a reassuring smile.

“Let’s go to sleep now. We are all pretty tired.”

They all nod to that. Actually, Woozi would have preferred to work on some song like he does every night, but with the other three in the room he won’t manage it. And Seungcheol is right, all the events from today kind of dried him of energy.

“You still have to sleep with Woozi hyung!” Chan announces, voice teasing and Woozi thinks that’s not too late to throw the kid out. Just that Chan’s smile, teasing or not, is a little too adorable for him to get angry at the maknae. But he does blush again, and he sees Seungcheol doing the same with the corner of his eye. He doesn’t have the courage to actually look straight at the older. He hears Seungkwan laugh beside him. Well, at least somebody feels better now. Woozi’s glad his misery makes other happy, note the sarcasm.

“Fine. Now let’s sleep before I actually throw you out.” He snaps and lays on the bed, moving himself as close to the wall as he can, trying to leave some space for the oldest. “The pillows and blankets are in the closet.”

“You wouldn’t do it. I know you love us.” Seungkwan says between laughs. But he has the decency to get up and provide himself and Chan with pillows. He even throws one towards Seungcheol’s direction before he closes the light.

“How come you have so many pillows?” Chan asks in the dark. It leaves the pink haired one thinking for a bit. How should he tell them that sometimes he throws his pillows or rips them in his sleep and that’s why he bought so many?

“I like pillows.” He simply says and it seems to satisfy Chan curiosity. Woozi feels the bed dig under him as Seungcheol joins him and he was never as happy for the night’s darkness as now when it hides his red cheeks.

“Good night.” Seungkwan says between a long yawn. They all reply in the same manner, but Woozi wonders how good of a night will be.

His bed was never big, but with Seungcheol next to him it actually makes him realize how small it is. They succeed in not touching each other, but Woozi can feel the heat that leaves the other’s body, so close and tempting and a little frustrating. As he stares at the ceiling he comes to the conclusion that he won’t get any sleep tonight. He breathes in deeply and starts focusing on the shadows that form around him as his eyes get used to the darkness. Trying to do something productive with his time, he starts to arrange the song he is working on in his mind.

It’s probably half an hour later, or maybe just five minutes, when he feels Seungcheol move a little closer, so their sides are now pressed together. Woozi’s body goes stiff, but then he relaxes as he realizes that the other is probably asleep. That’s when Seungcheol turns his head so he can face him and Woozi can see that his eyes are as open as his.

“You can’t sleep?” the older barely whispers but his lips are close to Woozi’s ear anyway. The smaller slowly shakes his head. He sighs and also turns around, so he can face the other. Seungcheol welcomes him with a small smile.

“Why not?”

Woozi just shrugs in response. But Seungcheol appears to know the answers anyway. His smile broadens as he moves an arm and places around Woozi’s waist, so slowly, giving the other time to reject it if he wants. When he doesn’t, Seungcheol leans a little closer, resting his forehead on the other’s.

Woozi blames it on the odd hour and on his sleepy brain, but he actually wants to be even closer. So yeah, he blames it on the tiredness when he actually scots closer and rests his arm on Seungcheol’s chest.

“I was thinking…” Seungcheol starts and Woozi looks straight in his eyes. There’s a spark there, something connected with Seungcheol smile and maybe something else, and Woozi thinks he never saw somebody so utterly beautiful. He nods his head, silently telling the other to go on. Seungcheol closes his eyes and turns his face to the pillow so that his lips actually rest on Woozi’s hair, next to his ear. The smaller shivers at the small puff of air that leaves the other’s mouth.

“I was thinking,” the older says again, even quieter. “that I really like you.” He finally ends his sentence after a couple more breaths. It’s quite simple actually. There’s no butterflies in Woozi’s stomach, no fireworks, the world doesn’t disappear (actually he can hear Chan’s snores pretty clearly).

But there’s something more than that, something more meaningful. It’s like after a day full of rain the clouds suddenly move away and the sun shines so brightly it makes you smile. It’s like watching a calm ocean, not even a wave in the sigh. Like when you are in your bed, with freshly washed sheets, listening to your favourite song and then you open your eyes in time to see the sunset’s light basking your room in that orange glow. There’s not a name for the feeling, but it’s like a combination of peace, calmness, happiness and Woozi is just awestruck. His lips stretch so widely he thinks they’ll break but he doesn’t give a right now.

Still caught in the strange emotion, he raises his hand and tugs at Seungcheol’s chin, turning the other’s face towards him. And then he leans on his forearm as he lifts himself a bit, just a little bit, and then he locks their lips together.

They say that when you kiss the person you like, time stops or simply doesn't exists anymore. But Woozi swears he can hear each second that passes with a strong beat of Seungcheol's heart that he feels pulsating under his hand, dreading to an end he wishes it will never reach. But it does, exactly 36 heart-beats later when another voice from the dark interrupts them.

“Gross.”

Seungcheol laughs. Chan groans in his sleep at the sudden noise. Woozi takes his pillow and throws it at the owner of the voice.

“I swear I’ll kill you, Boo.” He angrily growls. Seungcheol tugs him back in bed in a strong hug, still laughing.

“Sleep.” He says, resting both of his arms on Woozi’s small back. The smaller groans a bit but he gives up, distracted by Seungcheol’s warmth. He hides his smile in the older’s neck as he thinks that this night wasn’t so bad after all. ‘Definitely not bad.’ He thinks when Seungcheol presses a short kiss on the top of his head. Woozi hugs him closer as he finally lets his eyes rest.

 

He wakes up a few hours later in cold sweat. Another nightmare. The arms around him tighten their grip.

“Is there something wrong?” Seungcheol groggy voice whispers in his left ear.

“Just a bad dream.” He replies and slowly detaches himself from the hug. “I’ll go take some air.”

“Want me to come with you?” Seungcheol asks, still half asleep. Woozi smiles a little even if he is still shaken up after the nightmare.

“No. Go back to sleep. I’ll come back in a few minutes.”

When he gets up he feels the floor move under him, a residue from the waves from his dream, but he ignores it as he carefully walks around Chan and Seungkwan and towards the door.

 

It’s raining outside, hard and cold, and even though the night is starless dark Jihoon gets his coat and leaves his room. He doesn’t bother to raise his hood, letting the rain wash him. It’s freezing cold and he will probably stay in bed weeks after this, but for now he just lets the rain extinguish the fire in him, calm his body and his mind until both turn numb and it’s a miracle that his legs can still support him.

He eventually stops on a bridge and stares at the river that passes underneath. The water are darker than the sky, fighting in huge tumultuous waves. It looks so promising because in those deep, cold waters fire could never burn. He will never burn. He doesn’t waste another second, crawling on the bridge. There’s a scream somewhere behind him but he doesn’t care anymore. He finally let’s go of the bridge’s ledge and welcomes the water with a smile.

 


A.N:

Oookay... finally. 

It's been more than a month and I'm so, so, soooo sorry. But yeah.. a lot of things happened and I was busy. Guess who has a job?! ME! My first job

I also didn't really had any inspiration to write. But like a week ago I entered and saw that this story has almost 100 subscribers and that motivated me to start writing again. Unfortunately, it took me more than I thought, mostly because I get home late from work and then I'm too tired to even think. 

But here it is!!! There's a lot happening in this chapter, lots of clues and... yeah. This AN .. I'll also rewrite this tomorrow morning. (2:00 am woohoo)  

What I really want to say if... thank you!!!! To everyone who subscribed to this story (heeol, there's actually 105 of you, I stil can't believe it) and to those who didn't but still read it. Thank you so much for all your comments, I love those the most!!! Thank you to everyone who upvoted this story!!!

 

I love you all!!!!

 

P.S. I'll seriously review this.. I sound like a drunk person... off to sleep. Bye everyone!!!