Yuri's Nurse

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my God… nooooooo….” Yuri whined, looking at the nurse who was coming closer and closer with a tray and lying atop was his specifically prescribed medicine and cream. He backed further into the bed and brought his knees to his chest before throwing the covers over his head as well, “nooooooo…” 

If he could do anything to prevent taking medicine, he would; including behaving like a mentally challenged person.

The middle-aged nurse, Park Jungah just shook her head at the young adult, “Yuri-ssi, it’s only a couple of tablets and a bit of cream to put on your strained muscles. I’m pretty sure it’s not that bad.” Jungah placed the tray on the table before placing her hands on her waist; she didn’t expect this to be as difficult as feeding five-year-olds.

Yuri pulled down the blanket slightly, revealing his puppy eyes that begged for mercy, “Trust me, Imo. It’s that bad.” Jungah let out a soft laugh at Yuri’s childish behaviour, he reminded her of her son who was starting elementary school in a couple of weeks. “Well, is your girlfriend coming soon? You need to finish this dose in the next half an hour.”

Oh man.

Yoona had sent him a long message to lecture him about how he made her worry since she couldn’t stay till he awoke. He didn’t know if he would be able to face her after that long lecture.

 

Flashback.

Yoona yelled Yuri’s name as he passed out before her very eyes, running towards her boyfriend who was unconscious on the field. “Yuri! Yah, wake up!” Yoona gently patted Yuri’s cheeks, placing his head on her lap to elevate his body, “Unnie, call an ambulance now!” Yoona went back to trying to wake Yuri up, she was already on the verge of bursting into tears.  

Jessica quickly took out her phone and tried to punch in the correct numbers but she couldn’t, her fingers were trembling way too much. Taeyeon gently removed her fingers on her phone and took it, “Here, let me.” 

Mrs Kwon was still standing stiffly in her spot, she didn’t know how to react when her ever-joyful and energetic son passed out. “Aunty, calm down. Yuri will be fine, please sit down…” Sunny guided Mrs Kwon to the nearby bench, she didn’t want Mrs Kwon to overthink this and end up thinking that Yuri was going to die.

“Paramedics will come soon so MOVE EVERYBODY!” Taeyeon shouted and pushed his way through, creating a clear pathway for the paramedics to bring Yuri to the hospital smoothly without any obstacles. He couldn't afford to delay Yuri getting treatment, his passing out could be more serious than they thought. 

Sooyoung paced up and down, he was dying to keep his tears in because Yuri was his teammate and yet, he allowed Yuri to do this to himself. “I’m sorry, Yoona… I’m really sorry. I didn’t know Yuri would push himself to this ex--- it’s okay, Oppa. Yuri would have done it for anyone of you, no matter how hard it is on himself. Don’t blame yourself.” Yoona's words didn't make him feel any better but Sooyoung knew Yoona was having a harder time than he was.

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon stood at the door, waiting for the paramedics to arrive impatiently. Their eyes lit the moment the wailing sound of the sirens echoed through the air, “OVER HERE!!!!!” The two boys pushed their way through the crowd as the paramedics followed behind with a stretcher. 

Tiffany bent down and placed both hands on Yoona's shoulders, giving them a gentle squeeze, “Yoong, let them take Yuri to the hospital. I’ll get Taeyeon to send you and Aunty home first.” Yoona stood and looked after the stretcher with longing eyes, “no, I’ll go to the hospital. Send Umma home for me and keep her company.” 

 

 

-

 

 

Yuri was completely out, he wasn't even responding to Yoona's voice or actions. Yoona ran along with the stretcher, holding Yuri's hand all the way till he was pushed into the operating room. “Miss, I suggest you to stay calm and don’t worry too much. Mr Kwon merely passed out because of exhaustion and dehydration, I’m confident that his bones are intact and there’s no surgery required.”

Yoona nodded mindlessly, her eyes still drifting off into the distance. Even though the doctor had tried his best to assure her, the fact that Yuri passed out after the first game only heightened her anxiety – was this going to repeat every time he had a game?

Because she didn’t think she would be able to take it. 

 

“Yoona!” 

Turning her head at the call of her voice, Yoona saw the rest of their friends except Tiffany running towards her with worried expressions. Sooyoung sat down beside Yoona and asked softly, “what did the doctor say?” 

Wiping her dried tear stains away, Yoona swallowed before answering, “it’s supposedly over-exhaustion and dehydration, maybe a strained muscle or two but there shouldn’t be any surgery needed.”

Everyone heaved a huge sigh of relief when they heard Yoona’s words, they were so worried that something worse might have caused him to pass out. Jessica couldn’t bring herself to sit comfortably and wait patiently; she always scolded and berated Yuri but now that something happened to him, she couldn’t help but regret not treating him better. Sunny gave Taeyeon’s ribs a harsh nudge, “Ow!” Taeyeon groaned out, rubbing his side, “what the hell was that for?!” 

Sunny pointed at Jessica with her lips, beckoning him to go do something about this situation. Taeyeon gulped loudly and adjusted his shirt nervously, he didn't know what to do with Jessica's sudden drop in mood.  “H-Hey, Sica…” Taeyeon started out, “what’s wrong? Are you okay?” Jessica couldn't even answer before she burst into tears, crying her regretful feelings out loud. 

Taeyeon's eyes widened as he quickly pulled Jessica into his embrace, “Yah… why are you crying like this? The doctor said Yuri will be fine…” He gently rubbed Jessica's back, allowing Jessica to cry into his chest. “I… I w-will treat Y-Yuri better next t-time…” 

Why was Jessica being so cute? 

It didn't take long for the doctor to come out from the room with the second piece of news. Yoona leaped up from her seat and grabbed onto the doctor's sleeves, “how is he, doctor? Is he okay?” 

“Yes, he is. Not to worry, his vitals are all stable and it was pure exhaustion plus dehydration. As an athlete, the amount of liquid wasn’t enough to w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter