Sunmi || Kyungwon

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunmi stood at the edge of the swimming pool, adjusting her swimwear as she ignored the stares and catcalls she was receiving from everyone. She didn't really care about them; in fact, the only person she cared about was in the vocal studio and didn't pay heed to her even though she had donned a nice top and a pair of ripped jeans - Taeyeon didn't even bother to respond to her. 

She knew she had made mistakes back then, she shouldn't have forced herself on Taeyeon. She should have known that Taeyeon wouldn't be able to reject her because he would guilty. He had done so much for her and even changed from a peaceful, calm guy into another person... if only she appreciated it more. 

“Excuse me.”

“Yes?” Sunmi turned around and found a handsome guy standing behind her with a blank expression. The guy just sighed, rolling his eyes, “you’re blocking the lane I always use, Miss.” Sunmi frowned and placed her hands on her hips as she stared at him, “why can’t you use another lane? I don’t see your name printed anywhere.” He breathed loudly through his nose and took a deep breath to control his temper, “you can ask anyone around here. I always use this lane.”

To his surprise yet irritancy, Sunmi actually went around to find people to confirm his claim. He didn’t bother to wait; it was so stupid to act as if you know everything when you’re a new transfer student who literally doesn’t know a single thing. Putting his goggles on snugly, he jumped into the pool and started doing the stroke – he had to prepare for his race against Yuri in a week. 

Just as Sunmi wanted to call the guy back and talk to him about being arrogant, another girl stood at the other end of the pool and called out to him. 

“Sooyoung-ah!”

The guy named Sooyoung emerged from the water and threw his wet hair back, attracting attention from other students – mostly female – watching. He smiled, taking the towel from Hyoyeon, “thanks. What are you doing here, Hyo?” Hyoyeon pouted and sat back down on one of the chairs provided, “I needed someone to talk to, and you said I could find you whenever I wanted to.”

“I know what you need already.”

Hyoyeon’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion at Sooyoung’s statement and she cocked one, “tell me what I need then.” She was waiting for Sooyoung to open his mouth but he simply used the towel to dry his wet torso and lightly dry off his hair. “Yah, I thought you knew what I needed.” Sooyoung sighed and turned around, pinching Hyoyeon's nose, “you really need to have some patience in your blood.”

Before Hyoyeon could respond to that comment, she felt herself being enveloped in a warm embrace; Sooyoung was hugging her. 

“This is what you need.”

A dark pink painted her cheeks as she brought her hands up to circle Sooyoung's waist to hug him back; Sooyoung had never come across as boyfriend-material but his actions right now were proving her wrong on so many levels. Sooyoung didn’t even know how hard Hyoyeon was blushing, and he started to rock her back and forth on his heels – he felt so comfortable hugging her; it was something new.

“S-Soo?”

“Shhh.”

As everyone looked upon the unlikely pair hugging in the middle of nowhere, they couldn't risk taking a couple of pictures to admire the new-born pair. 

 

-

 

Yoona yawned loudly as she walked down the stairs with a hair combing through her messy bed hair; she didn't forget about Yuri sleeping on the couch last night. She thought about bringing Yuri to bed but she hated the stench of alcohol so she left her boyfriend in the living room; not without wiping him down and giving him one of his sweatshirts he had left here for emergencies.

A sigh left her lips as she stared at Yuri; he had probably tumbled onto the floor last night and remained there till he fell asleep again.

“Good morning, darling.”

“Good morning, Daddy.”

Mr Im pointed at Yuri and beckoned her to wake him up or he was going to wake up with a bad ache in his body. Yoona almost scowled and she rolled her eyes; if her father didn’t bring Yuri out and demand to talk to him, Yuri wouldn’t end up drunk anyway. She wanted to knock her father’s head for being so sneaky and doing things behind her back, but she also wanted to smack Yuri for not telling her earlier. 

“Please don’t ever do this again,” Yoona glared at Mr Im, “I get it that you want to talk to him, but don’t let him drink when I’m not around; don’t even ask him out because there’s a reason why I haven’t introduced him to you yet.”

It was probably there and then that Mr Im realised how much Yoona had grown and blossomed from his baby girl to an independent, ambitious young woman. She had learnt how to love and care for a person without expecting something more in return; no doubt, Yuri did love Yoona as much as she did him – it was so clear from the dinner last night. Mr Im smiled and threw his hands up in surrender, going back upstairs to give the couple some privacy.

Yoona wanted to stay angry, she did but how could she when Yuri had his tongue out peeking between his lips? He was clearly tired and completely out of it – Yoona found it rather alluring. She carefully lifted Yuri’s head and placed it on her lap, gently his hair as she watched her boyfriend sleep in for today. Furthermore, they already completed their modules for the semester so they had no more school unlike the rest. 

“Yul?” Yoona whispered, pressing her lips against Yuri’s forehead, “Yul, wake up… come on, you need to take a shower.”

Yuri groaned softly and buried his face into Yoona’s thighs, sighing contentedly when he felt her hand moving through his hair. He felt as if a truck had hit him head-first but with Yoona there with him, he felt a lot better. Yoona chortled; Yuri was still a child even though his birthday had passed and he was now twenty-three. No wonder there were people who constantly asked how old Yuri really was; and these were people who genuinely didn’t know.

“Yul, come on.” Yoona patted his cheek, “get up and have a shower then I’ll make you something to eat. After that, you can go back to sleep in my room. Your back’s going to hurt.”

 

It took a while for Yuri to get up; he leaned against Yoona and allowed his girlfriend to support him upstairs. He pouted and huffed as he listened to Yoona nag at him for lying and drinking behind her back; he knew Yoona was disappointed when Mr Im brought him back here but he didn't mean to lie - he just wanted to talk to Mr Im first. 

Yoona grunted as she fell onto the bed along with Yuri, struggling to get out of his embrace; Yuri loved taking advantage of her in that sense. She smacked his chest and glared, “let go of me so I can prepare you something.” Yuri frowned and nuzzled his nose into Yoona’s neck. “Yah, I really don’t like the smell. Yul, please.”

Yuri took note of the change in Yoona's tone and he let go immediately; there was something deeper than just dislike towards alcohol. Without another word, Yuri grabbed the clothes on the bed and headed into the shower. Yoona almost smacked herself for being so sensitive; it was just in that moment... she couldn't help it.

 

sica-unnie unnie... it happened i couldnt help myself be clear, yoongie what happened? he drank last night and i didnt like the smell... oh honey im sure he'll understand yuri's immature but for you, he'll listen you know that will he? what if it means he
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter