Self-Control

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As if school wasn't y enough, training - which used to be something Yuri looked forward to and would skip classes for - had just entered a new level of disgusting. Their assistant coach was now Yoona's ex-boyfriend... gross. Yuri wanted nothing more than to smash his fist into that pretty boy's face (and maybe something up his a**); perhaps it was because he knew why Yoona would fall for him in the first place.

Kyungwon was a very tall pretty boy; had soft features, a nice body and a wonderful smile that could cause any female's knees to weaken. He probably had good grades and was equally good as sports since he qualified to be an assistant coach even though he wasn't very much older than them. 

 

“Come on, you can do better than that!”

Shut the up.

“Don’t make me whip you into shape!”

I’ll whip your flat into shape.

“100 suicides!”

 You can commit suicide.

 

That was how Yuri's training sessions went nowadays; Kyungwon shouting out commands and Yuri spitting back insults in his mind. Yuri might be angry and pissed off now that Yoona's ex-boyfriend his coach but he wasn't stupid enough to get himself kicked off the team; it would only prove that Kyungwon was better than him - no way in hell, Yuri was going to allow that or Yoona might choose her ex.

“Yul, you coming with us to get smoothies?”

“Nah, I gotta catch up on some sleep,” Yuri smiled tiredly and lugged his bag over his shoulder, “you have fun.”

It seemed like forever before Yuri could reach his dorm; it was not just the exhaustion taking over his body, it was the fact that he was living on eggshells everyday. He couldn't even leave Yoona's side without fearing for the worst; Kyungwon could simply slip in and sweep Yoona off her feet. He couldn't live like this or everything would trigger his paranoia. 

 

Nah... better to sleep if off than continue thinking. 

 

 

“Yul?”

Yoona peeked in through the small opening of the room door – they were staying in the school dorm for the week since Mrs Kwon had brought Soonyoung overseas and Mr Im was on another business trip. She wanted to stay in the same room as Yuri but Yuri denied profusely and she could only wonder why; Yuri had made it extra obvious when he fanned himself to get rid of the blush on his face.

“Baby?”

Yoona frowned and pushed the door open, walking into the dorm to find her boyfriend. She sighed and blew air out of , picking the clothes and books lying all over the place. “Yuri-ah!” Her frown only grew deeper when there was still no response; she didn’t know where in the world Yuri was. It was only when Yoona walked into the bedroom did she finally relax; a smile finally appearing on her face, “this silly boy…”

The mere sight of Yuri sleeping soundly in bed was enough to calm Yoona's anxious heart. 

Yuri might think that what Yoona doesn't know won't hurt her but every single time they were together for the past few days, she could see through the facade Yuri puts up and it hurts her. She knows Yuri is more than afraid of losing her to Kyungwon but it shouldn't even be a worry; Yoona is not stupid or weak enough to choose a man who physically her over a dorky boy who loved her more than anything in this world. 

Unfortunately, her boyfriend with a hidden inferiority complex wouldn't know something like that - he only knew how to compare himself with better people. 

“So that’s why you aren’t picking up my calls,” Yoona sighed and chuckled to herself, bending down to give Yuri a kiss on the head, “you need to stop training so hard.”

Carefully taking into account that Yuri was probably worn out from the emotions he was feeling, Yoona gently pulled the covers over him and made sure to lift his head onto the pillow so he wouldn't get a stiff neck. She didn't want to wake him up due to any rough gestures she might do unintentionally; Yuri deserved to have a good rest after being such a paranoid and worrisome boyfriend.  

Sighing to herself again, Yoona couldn't resist as she pecked Yuri's forehead again. 

“Sleep well, baby. Have only sweet dreams… I love you…”

Since Yuri was sleeping, Yoona couldn’t possibly suggest cooking together now. She silently thanked her lucky stars that she remembered to bring her bag with her to Yuri’s room; at least her books could keep her company while Yuri was recharging. Not just that, she could also take some time to think about how to make Yuri secure in their relationship or he was going to end up suffering for the most part. 

“How long has that silly boy been hiding it from me?” Yoona muttered to herself; she couldn’t stop the picking sensation in her chest as she thought of Yuri keeping the pain to himself. Her eyes lit up all of a sudden, a light bulb forming beside her head, “I should have thought of this earlier! Damn it…”

Taking out her phone, Yoona smiled as she dialed a familiar number. 

 

*

 

Jessica sat beside Taeyeon, making sure to glare at every other female looking at him. She knew Taeyeon wouldn't even bother to look at any of them but she had to let everyone know who was hers and send them a warning in case. Taeyeon smiled when he turned and saw Jessica staring at him with the most endearing gaze; he didn't know how Jessica could be branded a heartless ice princess when all she had was a heart full of love.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Can’t I?”

Taeyeon chuckled, “okay, baby. Whatever you want to do, I won’t ask.”

Trust Jessica to not let go of her pride even though she was being confronted upfront – Taeyeon couldn’t keep up with that; all he would do is give in to prevent Jessica from becoming embarrassed. Jessica had initiated the relationship and she was the one who powered them into a couple; Taeyeon wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter