Bonus: I Still Love You

The Class President & The Romantic Prankster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Well most of you guys asked for more YoonYul fluff, so here it is.... and because I'm giving it as a very loooonnnggggg bonus chapter, I hope to see more than just 5 comments before I updatea again. There are easily more than 500 of you subscribers so instead of being silent, I hope you guys comment - it definitely doesn't take more than two minutes to do so :)) 

One comment from you is more than enough for motivation so please, those remaining silent - I BEG YOU TO COME OUT ^^

 

 

Yoona took a deep breath and tightened her hold on her books, not wanting to get a shock later on. She was going to talk to the headmaster personally because of Yuri’s expulsion in the baseball team. Everyone knows that the biggest competition of the year is coming up because they managed to win Block B in the semi-finals last month. Now that the team has another shot, Yoona wants nothing more than for Yuri to get his place and reputation back. He’s an amazing player, and he has a passion for it which is enough for Yoona to do this for him. She wasn't going to let him give up like that.

Furthermore, Yuri didn't try to get back into the team anymore because he's more focused on winning her back now... it's the least she could do for him, right?

Knock, knock.

“Come in.”

Yoona poked her head in and smiled, “Good morning, Sir. Can I talk to you about something?”

The headmaster was all smiles when he spotted Yoona; who wouldn’t be happy to see the Yoona of the old back here in a much healthier state? He beckoned for her to come in as he closed his file, hands resting atop it. He was pretty curious as to what could bring Yoona into his office with that nervous expression because as far as he knows, Yoona has nothing to worry about even with the slight drop in her grades recently. She’s proven herself to be quite the all-rounder, even with presidential duties and juggling of some school events on her plate too.

“What brings you here, Miss Im?”

A wave of nervousness overwhelmed Yoona’s senses and she clasped her fingers together. Being in the headmaster’s good books didn’t mean that her request would be granted.

Clearing softly, Yoona took out a piece of paper she had written down – reasons to bring Yuri back into the team. She smiled, “I… I know it’s not a good request or a reasonable one but I hope you can consider this, Sir.”

The headmaster took the paper with a curious expression, his face straightening when he read the contents. He didn't have a big issue with the matter at hand; honestly, the school was more concerned over the fact that Yuri let his emotions rule over his head. Yuri always got affected by the things he held close to his heart, understandably of course but it was currently the problem causing his downfall. Records of him missing classes and leaving practices halfway were overflowing; Yuri had to buck up somehow but there was no one who could control him. 

Well, the school did have some knowledge of Yoona being admitted to the hospital and all but it was difficult to use it in defence of Yuri’s constant disappearances.

“Well, Yoona…”

Yoona nodded, “I know, Sir. I’m just asking for another chance, because he’s been nothing but stuck to me all the time since I’ve been admitted and discharged. It really is a waste of his talent.”

The thoughtful look was enough for Yoona.

Hopefully... 

 

*

 

Yuri had his face buried into his pillow, the covers thrown over the lower half of his body. He had stayed up all night to accompany Yoona in catching up with her homework and even went back home to check on his mother and brother – it was no wonder why he was so exhausted. He only came back after making sure that his family had his meals and whatnot, so it's only been two hours since he fell asleep. If he wasn't alone here, Yuri would definitely not be able to sleep as soundly as he was doing now. There was no way in hell his extremely rambunctious roommate would allow him to be that lazy. 

“Yul?”

“Yuri-ah…”

The tanned guy began to stir at the constant tapping on his cheek; he would never be able to ignore that kind of irritating wake-up call. His eyes fluttered open as he tried to adjust his sight to the dim lighting of the room. “Hyo? What brings you here?” Yuri asked with a hoarse voice; he was still in a state of semi-consciousness. His brain never worked well early in the morning, which was also the cause of the doe-eyed girl's constant teasing.

Hyoyeon had tears in her eyes, and she was undoubtedly feeling terrible about the whole situation regarding Sooyoung's reaction to her hiding her appointment from him. Standing from his position, Hyoyeon would understand if he needed some space from her and all, especially since she had indirectly implied that Sooyoung couldn't be relied on. Sooyoung should have been there with her, to see if he was indeed going to become a father. It was most definitely not Hyoyeon's intention to make Sooyoung feel that way, because Sooyoung had a terribly fragile heart no matter how strong he looked. 

“Hey…” Yuri sat up from the bed groggily; he couldn’t take the heart-breaking expression on the older woman’s face. He gently pulled her into his arms, rubbing her back, “I know you’re scared, but Soo won’t stay angry for long. He’s just hurt…”

“I… I broke his heart…”

The doe-eyed woman was wondering why the dorm was still so quiet, because she did tell Yuri that she would be coming over with a snack in the afternoon too. She had been so touched that he had visited her dorm with pizza yesterday although he was under just as much stress as she was and wanted to make it up to him for not being better company too. Yoona could feel her heart race involuntarily whenever she thought about the gaze in Yuri’s eyes; it was always so warm, so firm that Yoona could feel the desperation to win her back. Yuri's rarely this persistent about anything, and God help her, Yoona really is on the verge of giving in by now.

God, she missed him so much.

Yoona furrowed her brows when she didn’t see Yuri anywhere in the living room; Yuri had a particular series to catch up with at this time of the afternoon, which was also why she bought snacks instead of a full meal for him. She even woke up an hour and a half earlier to queue for the ricecakes from their favourite tteokbokki stand a few blocks away from their campus. All Yoona wanted was to see Yuri enjoy his food like a chubby little boy would, especially since he had lost quite a bit of weight as well.

“Yul?”

“In here!”

When Yoona neared the bedroom, she realised why it had been so quiet in the first place... unlike what it would usually be, what with the way Yuri greeted her like a bouncy puppy. She frowned and sighed deeply when she saw the reason why Yuri was not there. “I’ll put these in the kitchen. Take care of Unnie while I warm the food up,” Yoona mouthed at the tanned guy, smiling when he pulled his puppy eyes out due to the desperation he was feeling. She had more than enough faith in him that he'd be able to comfort their friend properly. 

Hyoyeon had a strong (accurate) feeling Yuri was talking to someone else, and she couldn’t help but smile when she caught sight of Yoona standing in the doorway. She quickly wiped her tears away and broke the hug, moving towards the younger woman – it didn’t require her to be a genius to know that Yuri was inwardly panicking all this while. Nonetheless, the effort Yuri put into comforting her is really admirable since he’s pretty much known for not going near anyone else as long as Yoona’s in the picture. The gratitude is only going to grow with time, and Hyoyeon knows it.

“I… I’ll make myself scarce. Have fun you two.”

Yuri waved goodbye, falling back onto the bed with a groan. He wasn’t feeling energised enough and he wanted to go back to dreamland where he could continue dreaming about Yoona and her ethereal beauty. Yoona walked back to the room after sending Hyoyeon back to her own dorm, her expression automatically lightening up when she caught sight of Yuri throwing the covers over himself again. He must have lost a lot of sleep over the past month or so because the effect was being seen right now.

“I bought tteokbokki.”

Yoona rolled her eyes playfully when Yuri leaped out of bed at once, rushing towards the kitchen without her. She knew in her heart that this was everything she wanted with Yuri – a life with them enjoying food and everything else they could together. She wanted it even more now that they had proven to be strong enough to surpass one of the biggest obstacles of almost every couple: misunderstandings and rash behaviours. Yuri had not given in as she expected, and Yoona knew he wouldn't let go of this so easily anymore. Yuri had done so much for her and even if he felt tired half-way, Yoona would be there to do things for him in return.

It was all about give and take.

Yuri was chomping loudly when Yoona re-entered the living room, she watched him shove another stick of fishcakes into his mouth, enjoying the food to the highest level. He was absolutely satisfied with the ricecakes, although a little bit spicy but Yoona loved spicy food so it was fine.

“Enjoying without me, aye?”

“Not at all,” Yuri grinned cheekily, waiting for Yoona to sit opposite him on the floor. He was actually thankful that they had a little coffee table in the living room because it made the atmosphere a lot lighter between them. “What time did you wake up to get them?”

Nothing but silence was Yuri's answer and when he finally looked up to see why she was so quiet; he blushed beetroot immediately. Yoona had her chin resting on her palms, her elbows supporting her frame on the small coffee table and God help him, her smile was making him combust in all the right places. Yoona had been waiting for him to look up at her all this time, and she flashed him one of the most beautiful smiles on earth. Yoona hasn't smiled at him like this in so long, and all Yuri wanted to do was take a picture of her again. He already had countless in his phone but this was another moment to treasure, and he acted on it without hesitation.

“Wait, don’t move!”

“Yah!” Yoona smacked Yuri’s when he passed by her, running into the room. “What do you mean, don’t move?!”

Well, of course, Yoona has every right to be fearful – Yuri had a bad habit of springing surprises upon her even at the wrong timing. She held a cushion to her chest instinctively, albeit afraid that something would pop up from under the table or something. Yoona was practically ready to fight Yuri if he dared to do something; it was also one of the reasons why they always had a lot of fun on their own. They have too many things in common, including pranking each other and having playful fistfights too which usually ends with Yoona winning slightly more than half the time.

Though when Yuri came back with nothing but his phone, Yoona felt all her defenses fall simultaenously. He looked so excited and happy to be around her although they weren't doing anything special; all they were having was a snack in their school dorm. 

“Smile for me,” Yuri held up his phone with a toothy grin, “just be natural, Yoong. You always look beautiful so don’t worry.”

How could she not smile at that?

 

*

*

 

Yoona was at home for the weekend, and she had been spending quality time with her father since he had stopped tutoring temporarily till she was back in the pink of health. Although she was discharged, neither he nor anyone else were going to take it as that. As long as Yoona hasn’t gained all the weight she had lost again, then he was not going to go back to work. Furthermore, none of his students were desperate for classes right now; the younger ones had a few more weeks to go before their exams. The only students having their finals soon were Yoona and the rest of her friends.

That being said, Mr Im was actually quite curious about how Yuri was doing in school. He hasn't forgotten that Yoona is Yuri's tutor for most of their modules and it isn't a secret that Yuri hates studying.

“Yoona, sweetheart,” Mr Im started, smiling when Yoona immediately looked up from her book. She was such a good girl. “How is Yuri doing in his studies? Is he still failing badly?”

There was a sickening smile crawling upon Yoona's face when she heard those words of concern from her father... was he actually asking about Yuri after doing that to him in the hospital? Sitting up straight in excitement, Yoona made sure to straighten her back and all. She knows both the two precious men in her life have pretty big egos but it's okay if they back down just a little. Yuri has no problem backing down because Mr Im is the only person he had to get past in order to get another chance in winning her back but Mr Im? He didn't seem to be too thrilled about her giving Yuri another chance.

A father wanted nothing but the best for his daughter, and Yuri had a long way to go to prove himself worthy of Yoona once more.

“Don’t get the wrong idea, Yoong,” Mr Im rolled his eyes, “you two did date for a while and he made you happy. That’s it.”

Stubborn old man, Yoona chortled.

Stubborn old man and her stubborn Yuri – a pretty good match if you asked Yoona. She was going to have a lot of fun trying to make the two of them swallow their pride in front of each other.

“Alright, we’ll see.”

Mr Im didn’t like the sound of that.

Watching her father escape the living room to move into the kitchen to mark his students' homework instead, Yoona clapped her hands as she came up with the most brilliant plan to make things better for everyone. She isn't one to do things as simultaenuously as Yuri, and that made her at a disadvantage during their relationship. It's rare indeed, but Yoona finally has an idea that could throw everyone off for once. Yuri always laughs at her when he manages to predict her actions time and again but he defin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter