Chappie 5

Forbidden Blood

                “Alright… I’m going to apologize to him… I hope I could make this right…” JaeNa said to herself as she stares at her own reflection in the mirror. *but can this really work out? Can I do this?* sigh heavily. “I hope it would all go well.”

                “Breakfast is ready!” JaeNa heard KiBum’s voice coming outside of her room. “Get down SooYeon-ah … JaeNa-ah… or you’ll be both late for school.”

                JaeNa stared at her reflection for the last time and went outside of her room and head to the dining area. “Your voice was so loud oppa.”

                KiBum looked at her. “Good you’re going to attend school again,” JaeNa just smiled at what KiBum said and sat down to start eating.

                “Good morning!” SooYeon greeted as she entered the dining area. “Oh… JaeNa-ah… good you’re up,” SooYeon said as she sat down and eats.

                “I have to… I don’t want to miss class anymore.”

                “But… are you ready to come to school? Can you ignore his scent?” SooYeon asked.

                “I do not know… but, I have to try. It’s not like I can run away from him forever. I have to learn how to deal with it.”

                “Well then… I can only hope for the best.”

                “Ahmm… mind if you two tell me what the hell are you guys talking about?” KiBum interrupted.

                “We have a new classmate and apparently… JaeNa finds his scent very appealing.” SooYeon explained. “The weird thing is that, JaeNa was the only one triggered by his scent.”

                “Is that so?” KiBum looked at JaeNa. “Are you sure you can go to school?”

                “Sure do,” JaeNa answered. “I have to do this… I have to try… to endure it.” JaeNa said in a low voice.

                “I’m sure you’ll need this… so good luck JaeNa-ah.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

                SooYeon and JaeNa arrived in school twenty minutes early before their first class starts. KwangMin was at the doorway, standing, looking so serious. His face brightens up when he saw SooYeon and JaeNa walking towards their classroom.

                “Good morning!” he greeted the two ladies with enthusiasm. He waved at JaeNa. “Good you’re back… I was kind of worried,” the three of them get on their seats. “SooYeon-ah wouldn’t tell me what happened.”

                “Thanks for your concern KwangMin-ah… I’m all fine now… I guess.”

                “Unnie!” a voice suddenly got their attention. They all looked to the direction where the voice was coming from.

                “What are you doing here EunHee-ah?” JaeNa asked the new comer, the one owning the disturbing voice.

                “I just want to give this to you,” EunHee handed JaeNa a tupperware.

                “What’s this?”

                “Why don’t you open it?” EunHee told her so JaeNa opened the tupperware.

                “Wow! Fresh strawberries!” she looked at EunHee with her eyes literally sparkling. “Thank you so much EunHee-ah!”

                “You’re most welcome unnie.” Just then, MinWoo walks inside the classroom.

                JaeNa don’t know why but the room seems to be awfully quiet the moment MinWoo entered the room. He went straight to his seat which is beside JaeNa’s seat. EunHee waved goodbye, SooYeon and KwangMin also seemed to be too quiet as they sat down on their own seats.

                JaeNa stood beside MinWoo. “Mi -MinWoo…”

                “What?” MinWoo said, not even looking up.

                “Can I talk to you please?”

                “What do you want? You’re the one who told me not to talk to you.” MinWoo said in a cold voice.

                “Please? I just want to tell you something… please hear me out.” JaeNa pleaded.

                “We’re talking right now.”

                “I mean… can we talk privately?”

                “I’ll think about it.” MinWoo said, poker faced.

                “But-“ their teacher arrived. JaeNa went to her seat. Their teacher started the lesson for the day. *I think he’s mad at me… I couldn’t blame him though* suddenly… *huh? What’s this?* someone placed a small piece of paper on top of her table. JaeNa looked at the person who placed the paper.

                “Mi-MinWoo?” but MinWoo was facing at the front, paying attention to their teacher who’s currently discussing the lesson. JaeNa read the note. –meet me at the rooftop later during break time… MinWoo- she looked at MinWoo and smiled.

                The class went on…

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

                Break time came…

                “JaeNa-ah… come on, let’s go grab a snack,” SooYeon said.

                “Mianhe… I have to go somewhere…” JaeNa got her things. “Bye, see you later.” She hurriedly went out of the room.

                “Where is she going?” KwangMin asked.

                “I don’t know,” SooYeon answered.

                JaeNa was in front of the door to the rooftop. *I can do this!* she let out a deep sigh before opening the door. MinWoo was already there… waiting for her. She walks towards MinWoo.

                “MinWoo,” she called him. The wind blew towards her direction exactly when MinWoo turned to her, bringing MinWoo’s scent. *oh no! Here it comes again* she swallowed hard. *I can do this! I can endure his scent… I have to…*

                “What do you want? What are you going to say to me?” MinWoo asked in a flat tone.

                “I –I wanted to say sorry, for all the bad things that I have said, for the cold treatment that I showed you. I am so sorry… please forgive me,” she handed a paper bag to MinWoo.

                “What is this?”

                “I made your lunch… it’s just a little peace offering. I hope you’ll like it. But, if you’re not yet ready to forgive me, I’ll understand. I can wait till you find forgiveness in your heart for me.”

                MinWoo’s expression started to brighten up. “Don’t worry too much about it,” smiles at JaeNa, “Thanks for the lunch anyway.”

                “You’re not mad?” her face also started to brighten up.

                “No… don’t mind it. That’s alright.” He sat on the floor. “I’m just a little annoyed that you’re like ignoring me. But that’s okay… you’ve already said sorry and-“ MinWoo opened the lunchbox, “-this looks yummy,” he hold the chopsticks and started eating. “Hmm… delicious. Come on, eat with me,” he motioned the lunchbox to JaeNa.

                JaeNa smiled and sat in front of MinWoo. “Actually, I also brought my own lunch,” she took her own lunchbox from her bag.

                “Huh? Your lunchbox is way smaller than mine. Are you on a diet?”

                “No… I just don’t really eat a lot.”

                The two of them continued eating there at the rooftop, talking, laughing, and sharing stories with each other. Until the break is over and they have to went back to their classroom.

                Before entering the room, “Thanks for the lunch again JaeNa-ah,” MinWoo said.

                “You’re welcome.” They went inside the room. MinWoo got on his seat while SooYeon dragged JaeNa outside the room.

                “Where have you been? Why are you with MinWoo?” SooYeon asked.

                “I talked to him… I said sorry and- “ she grabbed SooYeon’s hands, “-it worked! I was able to talk to him! I endured the scent! I can fight the urge! Finally… I can be normal around him,” JaeNa said happily.

                “That’s good JaeNa-ah. You don’t have to skip class anymore.”

                “Yeah…” sigh, “I feel so fine now.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

                At a bistro bar… KiBum walked inside and sat on a chair at the counter.

                “Here” Someone served him a red wine.

                “Gomawo ahjusshi,” he drank his ‘special wine’. The ahjusshi smiled.

                “I knew you are coming so I prepared that for you,” ahjusshi stopped what he is doing and stared at KiBum. “That’s made up of your favorite wine and blood.”

                The wine dripped at the corners of KiBum’s lips. He wiped it with his thumb. “It’s been a while since I’ve tasted blood,” KiBum smiled, showing his fangs. He looked around the bar. “Hmm… you have a few customers today.”

                “Well, it’s still early. Later, there’ll be a lot of customer-,” ahjusshi get back on what he was doing earlier, wiping the glasses. “-mostly like us. So, what brings you here?” ahjusshi asked.

                “I just wanted to ask some things, and I know that you are the one I should be asking.” KiBum answered.

                “What made you so sure that I have the answers to your questions?”

                “Because I know that you can… you have the ability to know the past, what will happen today and in the future.”

                Ahjusshi laughed. “You’re wrong… I do not know anything that would happen today or in the future.”

                “That doesn’t matter. What I need to know has nothing to do with the future. It’s something about the past.” KiBum said.

                “Okay… spill it out.”

                “Please don’t tell anyone about what I’m going to ask you.”

                “Arasso. What is it?”

                “Tell me everything that you know about the pure blooded ones. You’ve been living for a long time so I know you knew a lot.” KiBum said.

                Ahjusshi frowned. “Why the sudden interest in the pure blooded ones KiBum?”

                “I have read something about them so I got curious.” KiBum answered.

                Ahjusshi smiled mischievously, “And you want to know more about her, right?”

                “Yeah,” he took a gulp of the wine. Ahjusshi got some wine for himself and sat beside him.

                “Okay… all I know about the pure blooded ones was that they are a very special female line of vampires. I do not know their origin, why they are pure blooded and why they were only females but, I know our differences from them. They are a line of vampires who can conceive a child. A pure blooded one can produce her own child. They needed a male vampire to conceive though. They’re not hermaphrodites. And they are the only ones who can turn any human into a vampire. Like us, you and I. I was bitten more than 300 years ago by a pure blooded one. You’re bitten by JaeNa’s mom right?”

                “Yeah… so JaeNa was a very special one.”

                “That’s right. Specially, now that she’s the only pure blooded one alive. It’s because of those witches. They killed all the pure blooded ones. We’re lucky JaeNa was saved.”

                “Ahjusshi… do you know anything about the prophecy?” KiBum asked.

                “Ah… that stupid prophecy,” ahjusshi chuckled. “According to that, the last pure blooded vampire needs to find the one with the forbidden blood and kill it. It is said that the one with the forbidden blood is the one who would be able to end the vampire’s race. The last pure blooded one is JaeNa, KiBum. She needs to find and kill the one with the forbidden blood. She has to drink its blood. The blood will make her much stronger.”

                “How will she find the one with the forbidden blood? Is it a mortal or an immortal one?” KiBum asked.

                “It wasn’t said. Nothing was said about the one with the forbidden blood.”

                KiBum sighed heavily as he toyed with his glass of wine. “She doesn’t want the war to start again, ahjusshi. She doesn’t want to kill anyone. She wanted to live a normal life.”

                “Honestly, I also don’t want to have a war again… for years, we’ve been living peacefully. But we can’t change her destiny. And if killing the one with the forbidden blood would mean life for us, I would want JaeNa to go find it and kill it.” Ahjusshi said.

                KiBum didn’t say another word, he just sat there, drinking his ‘special wine’.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

                Incheon airport… arrival’s area…

                A blonde haired guy was walking from the arrival’s area pushing his baggage cart. He stopped for a while, took off his dark shades and looked around.

                “Ahh… it’s good to be back home…” the blonde said with a smile on his lips.

 

               =.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

                       kyaa! i've updated again.... ^^

                       it's good to be back! hohoho....

                       whoa! So, you’ve know where I got the story’s title… hehehe ^^

                       i'll try to update again within the week...

 

keep on reading.... ^^

comments, suggestions, violent reactions are most welcome...