Chasing Cars

Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

The Return of the Duck

 

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

*****

Korea. Finally he was back. Well at least for now. And all he could think about was how he missed her. 

She had been angry at him the last time he had to leave the country and on the day he had left for China they had ended up bickering. Even though they had made up since then, he knew that the way to her heart lay in physically being around her and tackling her till she gave in and laughed. 

So the first thing that he wanted to do, after landing back home, was to go and find her. But she was busy with her new drama during the day. So all he could do was wait.

He went back to his apartment knowing that it would be a few more hours before he could see her. Since he had the time, he would use it to rest and relax. Stepping into his apartment after almost a month felt like heaven. He dumped his luggage in the foyer and trudged around in his slip-ons feeling the soothing calmness of "being home" all around him. 

Saja was still at his mother's place, so the house felt quiet for now. He made his was to the balcony outside his living room breathing in the Seoul air. Damn, but he missed his apartment. There were certain things in life that we always take for granted. Being at home, was one of them. No one really understood how much they miss it until they have to live without it for a while. 

He made his way back to the living room when he noticed her shawl. It was one of her favourite things that she loved tugging around. It lay over the edge of the sofa, neatly folded. He smiled as he picked it up and smelled it. The strong whiff of Shin Hye's favourite perfume made his heart flutter. The shawl had definitely been wrapped around her. He looked at it, feeling silly for being jealous of a piece of cloth. 

He smiled as he sniffed it again. So she had missed him. Well, at least she missed him enough to sneak into his apartment and forget her favourite shawl. He knew she had spent a lot of time at his place that winter, because being around his home, made her feel closer to him while he was away. 

He smiled as he sighed. Just a couple of hours until he saw her.

****

The script reading for her new drama finished half an hour early. She was on her way to the parking lot when suddenly a black Porsche pulled up in front of her. 

A very familiar black Porche. One she hadn't been in for more than a month.

Someone tall and familiar, in a black cap, got down from the driver's side and walked up to her, making her heart tingle and race in the familiar way. It was his imposing height. It had to be his imposing height. 

"Calm down, Shin Hye!" she said to herself. "You are mad at him. Act like it. Don't smile. Don't smile!"

He stopped near her and looked at her with his piercing eyes. He looked happy and at the verge of laughing out of happiness, as a smile played on his lips.

He opened the passenger's side of the door, and nodded his head, indicating her to get inside the car. She stared at him, with the angriest glare that she could muster, failing completely as she fought with herself to not smile. She made a face, between a glare and a smirk as he nudged her arm slightly, wordlessly telling her to get in again. She pulled her chin up and got in with as much dignity as she could muster, while trying her best not to smile. He was back. And he knew very well that all her anger had the tendency to dissipate when he his aegyo.

She sighed, as her heart raced around with the butterflies dancing in her stomach. That man, she thought as she watched him walk around to the driver's side, in his confident, supermodelesque style, had the unreserved power to turn her into the world's mushiest, most smitten woman on the planet.

He got in, and glancing at her seatbelt, started the engine. 

She swallowed, before clearing and asking in a neutral voice, "Where are we going?"

He smirked, as he glanced sideways at her. "To your boyfriend's place. Did you have to be somewhere else?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter