The right time, at the right moment

Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baby I’m falling head over heels
Looking for ways to let you know just how I feel
I wish I was holding you by my side
I wouldn’t change a thing cause finally it’s real 

Tryna hold back you oughta know that
You’re the one that’s on my mind
I’m falling too fast deeply in love
Finding the magic in the colors of you

***

Her phone blinked and vibrated the moment she switched it on. 

"Reached?"

A small smile crept up on her face. It's almost been three years since the time they got close to each other. And somehow he never forgot these tiny things. They might have their differences, but no matter how hard they fight, he's always stayed the same.

"Hmm...just landed" she typed, as she walked out of the plane. "Why are you awake?"

Her phone rang as soon as she sent the texts.

"Why are you awake so early? Did you sleep at all?" She asked in an accusatory tone.

"Eh.. um.. no.. I couldn't sleep.. was waiting for your flight to land.." he replied sheepishly.

She sighed. "You know your sleeping habits have gone from bad to worse.." 

"Don't worry about me. Finish work fast and return fast." He murmured. "I might have to go out with mother in a while. I'll sleep early tonight, I promise."

"Pffft. We'll see about that..." She nodded, as her manager pointed towards the immigration desk. "I have to go now.."

"Hmm.. take care." He said as she cut the call.

"I miss you." He said to the blank screen on his phone.

It will be a long two days. 

***

You’re the right time at the right moment
You’re the sunlight keeps my heart going
Know when I’m with you I can’t keep myself from falling
Right time at the right moment
It’s you
You, it’s you
You, it’s you

***

"Will she like this? I'm not too sure..." His mother looked undecidedly at one of the three bags that she had chosen. 

"Omma... she'll like anything that you give her.. you know her." He said, quietly, trying to keep his voice low. Too many ears all around.

"I know she will. She's too sweet. You should know that you're very lucky." His mother replied. "I really can't decide between these three, Jong Suk-ah, help me out here, will you?"

"Can't we take them all? Let's take them all..." He said. 

His mother looked at him in shock, "All? Why?"

He gazed towards the increasing number of fans lining up with cameras. 

His mother sighed. It was not easy being him. They had realised it on their trip to Europe. 

"Fine then. Let's get them all." She sighed. "And no, you're not paying. It's my gift to her." She said adamantly.

He sighed in defeat. Sometimes, his mother seemed just as stubborn as Shin Hye. 

***

Baby I’m falling deeper in love
Everything that you are is all I’m dreaming of
And if I can break enough to show you that I need us
I’d give up everything I have girl just for you

Tryna hold back you oughta know that
You’re the one that’s on my mind
I’m falling too fast deeply in love
Girl all I need to breathe is you

***

"I miss you." She whispered.

Silence.

"..."

"...are you there?" He asked.

"...hmm..." She replied.

"I though you fell asleep.. tired?" He asked, indicating no signs that he had heard her confession.

It had been a tough year for both of them. But then, no relationship comes with just rainbows and sunny days. There can be no rainbows without rains and storms. At the end of the day, faults mattered less than reconciliations. 

"...hmm. Tired." She said in a glum voice.

" It's okay. You're coming back home tomorrow. Sleep on the flight. Sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter