I wish that we could

Style
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours ...

*****

"Annyeong!" 

He sounded happy. 

"Hmm. Annyeong." She replied flatly.

"Wae?" He asked, a slight bit worried. She sounded like she was furious. He immediately thought back to the things he might have done to make her angry. "Why do you sound like that?" He asked, walking on eggshells.

"It's nothing." A short curt reply.

Something was severely wrong. He didn't like the sound of that.

He decided to try again. "Shin Hye -ya... are you alright? Is your stomach still hurting?"

She snapped. "No. I'm not PMS-ing. And no my stomach is fine. I'm perfectly alright. Absolutely peachy."

"Why are you snapping at me? Tell me what did I do wrong. At least tell me that." He pleaded. He hated to see her angry. Especially at him.

She scoffed. "How would I know what you did. It's your life. You're free to do what you want and say what you want." 

"And what did I say?" He asked

"Haven't you seen the newest article about your drama?" She replied.

He sighed. He had hoped he would have a chance to ease her into that particular article, but they released it early. "I can explain. It's for the promotion of the drama. I didn't know they had published it already."

 She laughed wryly.

He was so doomed. There was no way she would be okay with all that was written and he knew that very well. Someone knocked on the door of his dressing room. It was time for his scene. They were scheduled to shoot for the entire night. And knowing her mood, there was no way this situation could be solved over the phone.

"Shin Hye-ya, I need to go now, but please please don't jump to conclusions..." he said, as she cut him off midway.

"You know what, I've read enough. Maybe it's time we called it a break."

His heart sunk to the bottom of his stomach. "Can we not do this now?" He asked as there was another knock on his door. "Please? I'll come and see you when I get out of here. Just sleep for now. I'll see you tomorrow morning, okay?"

"I have schedules up till 4 tomorrow." She snapped back. "Besides I really see no point."

Third knock on his door. Someone peeked in signalling him, that they were waiting for him.

"Shin Hye -ya... please please don't be angry. I'll see you in a few hours, okay? I have to go now. Okay?"

Before she could reply, he was gone. 

On some days, being mad at him was the worst thing ever. Because he hardly had the time when he was shooting. But it was so easy for him to turn his feelings off. That was not the way she worked. She couldn't let go of the turmoil around her and concentrate, unless she vented it out. 

As she glanced at the open article on her laptop screen again, her heart felt stabbed. He looked so cozy with her. And admitting that they are each other's ideal type? What kind of an endorsement was that? 

She knew it was just a drama, and that all those articles were just endorsements, but those articles also had the power to make her cry. Especially in times like these.

More than anything, she needed him close to her. But they hardly found time to see each other, during shoots and on nights like these, when her brain stayed on overdrive. 

When the tears that came along with it, they refused to stop.

These were the nights when she hated being alone. These were the nights when she wished that they could be together without all the hiding and the secrecy. These were the nights, she wish she was just a girl, in love with a boy and wished for freedom.

*****

We keep behind closed doors Every time I see you, I die a little more Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough

It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face

But we know this.
We got a love that is hopeless 

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours...

*****

 He finished shooting at ten in the morning. An entire night of kicking and being bashed up- but the thing bothering him more than his sleeplessness and tiredness, was the fact that he couldn't call her after their conversation, the previous night. 

As he checked the time, he realised that he still had to wait a few hours till he could see her, since calling her now would be pointless. 

As he saw his notifications blink, he saw her update on Instagr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter