fly.

Crude Cut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That was fast.” Hyunseung, Maru’s friend and former bandmate grinned when he saw Maru in a bar they frequented.

“Yeah. I got in trouble at work. My fault. I couldn’t control my temper.” Maru smiled wanly and sat on the chair across his friend. He ordered a light beer too soothe his mood. Even though he was suspended, he didn’t want to get drunk. This was his first beer in months.

The drummer laughed, not a bit surprised at his friend’s problem. “And that’s the Maru that I know.” He had known Maru for a good long while and sooner or later, his temper would get the better of him

Maru’s drink arrived and Hyunseung smirked, and then pointed with his beer at his friend’s drink. “You must have screwed up big time if it drove you to drink. Do you think you’ll get fired? That would totally . You’re uncle must be furious.”

“Maybe? I don’t know.” He denied and then shrugged. At the mention of his closest relative, he sighed. “Uncle was disappointed. He then told me to lay low for the time being but staying in my apartment doing nothing is making me crazy.”

 “You’re already crazy.” The young manager didn’t take offense about it. He had been called a lot of names. Crazy doesn’t even begin to describe him.

For the past couple of days until today, he was holed up in his apartment doing nothing but laze around. It’s been like this ever since he got kicked out after making a scene, scaring Hyuk before the concert. He really got in trouble for that. Maru never got to watch the group’s first concert nor the second one the following day. He had received a phone call not long after the incident from one of the staff informing of his suspension. There was no mention of how long the suspension would last.

From that phone call, it was a large possibility that he won’t get to be Leo’s and Ravi’s manager or anyone else’s for that matter. It’s not a good trait for a manager to act strongly or abusive towards the idols they’ve been assigned to. The industry turn their heads the other way but the public is another story. If the fans saw what he did, they would make sure he could never do his job again.

Yeah. He’s not really doing well at the moment. It makes him think of unpleasant things that he would rather not happen.

From what he believed, he had made peace with his past. When he got injured that ended his dreams of being an idol, it was a hard pill to swallow. But he learned to accept that part of his life is over. That part of his life has been over for years and now he’s content at his new career.

Being a manager is his new life. He’s happy now. Not really happy but content may have been the correct term.

Too bad he messed up at his current job when he got lost his temper shouting at an idol for an accident that didn’t hurt anyone.

Maru’s phone buzzed unexpectedly. Taking a small sip of his beer, he unlocked his phone and read the message.

His lips tilted upwards.

 

Incheon International Airport

Thankfully, there weren’t a lot of fans in the airport and those who were there, they respectfully gave them space. Most of the members were taking their nap. Ken leaning against Ravi, was deeply asleep while Ravi entertained himself with music. The younger ones, Hongbin and Hyuk chose their own corners to get some rest. It was only Leo and N that were alert. They received their tickets from their manager and checked their seats.

Hakyeon compared his ticket with the others. He was in the same aisle with Taekwoon but there was a spot in between them.

“Manager-nim? Aren’t you going to be sitting between me and Taekwoon?”

“Maru’s back. Boss thought he did his time to reflect.” The lead manager answered him. “You don’t have to worry. I’m sure he’ll behave this time around.”

“I’m not worried. I know how he is.” N replied, now more excited to hear that his troublemaker of a friend would be joining them.

“That’s good.” Leo added. Even though he wasn’t close with Maru, he felt that he wasn’t so bad. It’s just that the incident with Sanghyuk made his reputation a lot worse that it already was.

Their lead manager just shook his head, not bothering to share his opinion. “Speaking of the devil.”

Maru arrived last. He received the message about the schedule last minute that he couldn’t prepare anything. This was his first time going abroad and has no clue on what to bring. Over the next couple of hours, he spent his time researching on what to bring. He just hoped that he brought the right things and didn’t forget anything.

“Sorry I’m late.” Maru apologized to everyone. He always hated being unprepared though this time, he didn’t have a choice in the matter.

“It’s fine. There’s still time before boarding.” It was N who assured him and welcomed him with a smile. “It’s good that you’re here. You’ll love Japan.”

He got his ticket from one of the staff and nodded at his friend. “I’m not going there to have fun. I’m going to work.”

“Work hard. Play hard Maru.” N grinned, patting his shoulders not a bit fearing his unusual temper.

Although Leo had seen N and Maru interact, not seeing the fearsome manager for quite some time, it was really amazing how good Hakyeon’s relationship with Maru is. He knew how well N could form a bond with anyone. Being also his closest friend, N knows him best.

He cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter