two sides.

Crude Cut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a manager,Maru didn’t look like one. HFrom head to toe, he looked what people should be afraid of. He has a face of a model but his choice of clothes screamed danger. To put it more bluntly he’s handsome but dresses like a high-class gangster. He loves fashion and it shows on how he dresses.

Jellyfish management seemed to like that from him. His image was his selling point for the company. During his time as an assistant to Seo In guk and personal bodyguard for VIXX’s N, it kept their fans at bay. His tough exterior served the company well, more so when he starts opening his mouth. He’s rude and harsh.It was through his uncle, the one that raised and inspired him to be a manager, got him into the company. Jellyfish entertainment doesn’t accept anyone easily into the company but with his image and relative’s support, he got in as an assistant.

Maru sloely proved himself through hard work. He worked tirelessly when he was first assigned to a SeoInguk, a multi-talented artist and actor, and then reassigned as VIXX’s assistant manager. He was always around whenever the company didn’t have enough managers to support VIXX in their solo activities.

At first, his reassignment to the idol group was meant to be temporary but he became an effective strategy to keep fans away and had proven himself to be efficient from multiple incidents.

Maru is not a nice person. This fact has been proven many times through fan accounts and management evaluations. He’s responsible and does the job. And yet, he’s very intimidating. His eyes would often glare at anyone and his expression serious. There were moments that he could be playful, but even in those times, he was considered lethal.

Only a couple of weeks into accompanying VIXX, fans have named him the ‘DEVIL’ manager. Even the company started to call him the ‘devil’, as it suited the young male.

The company was happy with his effect on the public. No crazy fans have been able to pull a stunt whenever he’s around and neither stylist nor artist has tried to slack off in his watchful eyes.

Maru did not expect this. He has been recently designated to be Hakyeon’s personal manager.It didn’t last long though. A couple of months later, the management decided to give him a new responsibility. Almost three years has passed since he was hired and this was the first time he was given the opportunity to manage more than one.

And now, he's messing things up. He promised his friend or should he say his only friend that he'll try to fix this problem he created for himself. Ever since the incident that made him lash out at Leo unnecessarily, the older male couldn't look at him on the eyes.

As a manager, Maru needed to be the duo's support when their promotion starts. He knew that if this continues on, itcouldpossiblyaffectfutureschedulesonceVIXXLRstartspromoting.

His relationship with Ravi, the other member of the sub-unit was a little better. If he means better, only an inch or two better. The younger male is afraid of him like most people. Maru had gotten used to people being afraid of him though this was the first time he found it a nuisance. It was hindering his work and his lack of social skills kept him from apologizing to Leo.

Right now, he was with the whole group along with the rest of the managing team for a handshake event before their love equation promotions. His responsibility for that day was to be the scary manager which was not helping his dilemna.

He crossed his arms and glared at anyone he spotted that might actually attempt to do any to disrupt the event. The mean look he projected worked wonders. His model-like appearance and fashion didn't lessen how threatening he could be to the crowd.

A couple of feet away from him, one of his fellow managers grinned at him and gave him a thumbs up. He glared at the man unamused and then returned his attention to the passing fans, scanning them briefly. Thankfully, no one thought to make the event more memorable to catch his attention and everyone was having fun.

From his spot, he saw the idols being showered with gifts and the smile on their faces genuine. For a moment, he tried to imagine how it would be if he did became an idol. Marulaughed silently at the image. It would be hell for the managers and just thinking about forcing himself to smile always... It was unthinkable.

His lips tilted slightly at the thought. The rare sight caused talk among the fans that actually got to see it. The whispers spread and it didn't take long before his friend Hakyeon to hear it. Maru didn't notice some fans taking his picture as he got lost in the moment. Thatquickly changed when N grabbed the MC's microphone and call his attention.

"Ah... we haven't introduce this one yet but that mean looking man right there is one of our handsome manager, Kang Maru." Maru's head snapped to N's direction.

"I hear that some of you got to see him smile... Does anyone have a proof shot? You see, no one has seen our dear manager smile.”

The young manager didn’t correct VIXX’s leader. He remembered smiling in private in which Hakyeon is a witness. The older male only wanted to stir trouble.

Those simple words were enough to irritate the young manager. He raised his brow at the VIXX leader and then to the managers who seemed to be enjoying seeing him on the spotlight for once.

"Any lucky ones?"Hakyeon asked once again, searching the crowd for anyone who got a picture of his friend smiling.

Leo looked curious but tried to concentrate on the fans in front of him. Ravi, too, looked like he didn't believe Maru could smile.

A couple of girls shot out their hands with their phones and approached the platform. Maru didn't want a picture of that private moment to be seen in such a public event. He moved closer to the idols and tried to stop the girls by blocking their path toward the dark-skinned leader but was stopped by Ken and Hongbin. He stiffened at the unwelcomed touch. The two idols seemed to be enjoying his discomfort and tightened their hold on him.Even Hyuk look entertained, who got closer to N for a better look.

Hakyeon borrowed the phone and looked.

"Woah... Nice Maru she got your good side. "Judging from Hyuk’s expression, whoalso got to see the photo, they were seeing a different side of him.

This reaction got the new sub-unit interested and also looked. Ravi was still in disbelief as if he was looking at Maru's twin brother when he saw the photo. How could someone as mean as himlook so good just by smiling. The slight tilt of Maru's lips in the photo gave off a slightly less threatening image. Leo stared long and hard at the same picture. He appeared to be having the same thoughts as the other idol.

"Stop it."His cheeks started burning up. No one noticed. They were too interested in the picture of him smiling. Maru couldn't free himself from the two idols holding him without using a bit of force. He was afraid that if he used force, it would  be considered harsh by overprotective fans and cause problems.

"I wish you guys can see it now but I think we'll be seeing that photo floating in the net in a few minutes. Please tag us when you do. It'll be nice to have a good photo of him."

That was the last straw for Maru.

"Let go of me punks." He muttered loud enough for the two idols holding him to hear.

Instead of letting him go, Ken wrapped his arms around the male and tightened his hold. “No can do. Manager-nim.” Clearly, the idol was enjoying this.

Marulooked back at the other managers mouthing, “Do something about this!” The other managers raised their hands in surrender as if they could do nothing about it.

s., he silently thought and chose a different tactic, targeting the visual.

“Hongbin-sshi… are you sure you want to do this? I’ll make i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter