Chapter 6

All On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door slowly opened to reveal Taekwoon, Hakyeon's older brother.

"Why are you here?" you asked, your tone flat. 

"I just want to say I'm sorry. Would you reconsider going to school across the world and just stay here for now? Aside from me and my family, you knew him best. This way, if you need to talk, we're here."

"Taekwoon-ssi, it's not like I would run to you, if I needed to talk. your mother, maybe. But, not you. If I did, that would be weird," you retorted, standing up and walking over to him. "Now," you pushed him out of your room. "I need to go to sleep seeing as my flight is very early tomorrow morning. I believe you know the way out. Goodbye." You closed your door, switched off the light, and closing the blue curtains that Hakyeon had picked out, climbed under the covers. You closed oyur eyes. Not expecting to actually, you woke up to your alarm blaring at you at 1:30 a.m. You got up, went to your bathroom, and washed your face. You walked back to your room and slipped on a comfy sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. You picked up your jacket, grabbed your suitcase and, half asleep, shuffled downstairs. You walked into the kitchen to find your dad, already there, ready to go, sipping his coffee.

"You want some?" he asked, gesturing to the coffeepot. You nodded slowly and sat down at the island to pull on your socks. With that done, you took your phone out of your pocket, seeing that you had 10 minutes left before you had to head to the airport. Putting your phone back into your pocket, you took the mug of coffee that your dad was holding out to you. You both drank your coffee in silence. Ten minutes later, you were on your way. Just before you had left for the airport, your mom had walked into the kitchen to say her goodbyes. You were really going to miss your parents.

*At the Airport*

Since you were 18 already, you were legal to fly by yourself, but your dad helped you go through all the procedures at the airport anyway. As the boarding call was announced, your dad pulled you into a hug, basically crushing you. You hugged him back, just as tight. He finally pulled back.

"Oh, kiddo. I'm gonna miss you," he whispered, his voice breaking.

"Dad, I'll be back to visit at Christmas. Don't worry. I'll be back." You picked up your carry-on and gave him one last hug. "Bye, Dad. Give

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter