Chapter 4

All On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

' "Yes, Hakyeon-oppa." '   

Your mind was flooded with memories from your first date wiht Hakyeon, a year ago, as you put on a suitable black dress for the funeral. With an hour left before you had to be at the church for the funeral, you thought back to when it all started five days ago.

*Flashback to 5 days ago*

*Doorbell Rings*

You ran down the stairs. Hakyeon had said yesterday that he was coming over today. You opened the door to find a police officer standing on the verandah. 

"Are you Miss Jun Jandi?" he asked. 

"Yes, I am. What seems to be the trouble, officer?" you replied. 

"I'm here about Cha Hakyeon. I have a note that I believe belongs to you. It was found in the young man's vehicle. We confirmed his name when we found his handphone in the vehicle. Your name was also found in the phone," he vaguely explained. "The young man seems to have gone out last night to clear part of the lake for skating. Unfortunately, the ice was quite thin and he didn't realize it til too late. A farmer found him at the edge of the lake, earlier this morning. He was no longer breathing. This note contains his last words. I'm sorry to bring you such sad news." The officer held the note out to you. You stood there, numbly, trying to make sense of what he had just said.  He pushed the note into your hands. "I'm sorry for your loss," he stated once again, then turned and walked back to his car. You closed the door and turned to find your mom standing behind you with tears in her eyes. You took a step towards your mom, only to see the floor coming up towards you, your world turning black. You woke up a couple minutes later, in your bed, still clutching the note. Your door opened and your mom walked in, holding a glass of water. 

"Oh, sweetie, you're awake. Here's a cup of water. You must be feeling thirsty. Have you read the note yet?" she asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. 

"Umm.... no. What happened?" you wanted to know, as you sat up.

"You fainted.. when the officer told you the news... concerning Hakyeon's death. Do you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter