Chapter 2

One Less Lonely Girl

Hyouri backed away from her desk and ran a hand through her damp brown locks. "Hyouri what are you doing..." She asks herself in a breathy tone. She groaned before turning her laptop off and rolled her way to her keyboard, taking its cover off and looked at the black and white keys.

 

She turned the keyboard on, her hands hovering over the keys. She started to play a soft tune as she took deep breaths, organizing her thoughts as she continued to play; She continued to play til a knock erupted on the door. She turns her keyboard off and went to open the door, it was Mika with a tear-streaked face. "What happened to you?" Hyouri asks as she looked at her. 

 

"Sam broke up with me." Mika says, tears bursting its way down her cheeks. Hyouri raised an eyebrow, not really sure how to comfort her. "Oh right, I shouldn't have come to you, seeing you're not an expert at these things." Mika says with a slightly bitter laugh. 'Now that was harsh.' Hyouri said in her head.

 

"Yeah I'm not. Just go call another friend of yours." Hyouri says, a frown etched on her face. Mika gave her an eye roll before walking off. Hyouri sighed before closing her door and locking it before going over to her laptop. 

 

The search was already done, numerous pictures of the group —be it individual or in groups— plastered. Hyouri bit down on her lip before grabbing her desk chair and sat down. 

 

"Super Junior, k-pop group who debuted back in 2005..." She murmured as she taps her fingers on her chin. "Okay enough. My curiosity for this group is now gone." She says loudly before closing the tab and went to continue working on her YouTube channel.

 

"Kim Hyouri is now... On YouTube." She says as she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself before grabbing her camera and placed it on its tripod, adjusting it. She goes to adjust the microphone then pressed record, sitting down on her chair and started to play the keyboard, taking a deep breath; she sang.

 

"I'm down to my skin and bones and my mommy she can't put down the phone and stop asking how I'm doing all alone... Alone..." 

 

~

 

A few hours and editing later, Hyouri finally posted three videos on her YouTube channel. She interlaced her fingers, praying that everything would be alright. But at the back of her mind, she couldn't get that guy out of her head. Not even knowing how to describe him.

 

Her stomach rumbles, snapping her out of her thoughts. She stood up and walked out of her room to see Mika with of course, another boy. She scoffed lightly before going to the kitchen and made herself a sandwich. She walks passed them and checks the mailbox while in her onesie. 

 

As she takes the letter and few packages, she hummed lightly. She straightened her posture and as she turned, she sees the same guy from the cafe. "Coincidence?" Hyukjae says with a light smirk, wearing casual winter clothes. "Hope not." Hyouri says as a slight frown made its way to her lips. "Why so grumpy in this cold night?" Hyukjae asks as he looked at her. "Its not something you should know about." Hyouri says with a huff.

 

"Mhmm... Well, it was nice seeing you again." He says with a smirk. "Hopefully SOMEDAY I can say the same thing." Hyouri says with an eyeroll before opening the door and walked in. She checked the mails and threw Mika's letters on the coffee table in front of her before bringing her mail to her room. She puts the package on her desk as she looked at them carefully, each one of them were from her parents. She opened up an evelope and saw a letter mixed with some cash. She sighed and bit down on her lip as she takes out the letter and reads it.

 

'Hyouri,

 

Its been 6 years already, Darling. Omma and Appa miss you very much. I know it's quite late but... Happy birthday, you have been an amazing child from the day you were first born. Me and your father just happened to conclude why you haven't given us any contact.

 

Have you not found a job suited for your major, Hyouri? If so then that's no reason to no longer contact us. We will always accept you. Seeing as you can still read this then I'm sure you're still in the same apartment with Mika, probably having a job that you aren't too satisfied with...

 

Mianhae, Hyouri. I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me most, making you independent in the most agonizing way. So I send you this letter with cash, hopefully the next letter will be filled with an application letter suited for your major in media.

 

Lovingly,

Omma'

 

She couldn't feel the tears silently falling on the paper as she read the letter. She bit down on her lip as she refrained from sobbing. She quickly wiped away her tears, putting the letter in a wooden box and continued to open the letters and packages.

 

When she finished her desk was empty as she went to put the letters in the box while the clothing she got were kept in her closet. 

 

She recomposed herself and took deep breaths. "I'll visit you soon, Omma, Appa. And I won't let you down. Not anymore." She says as she goes and puts on her face mask and turns the lights off. She looks at her laptop to see that an image of Hyukjae had been clicked. She turned her laptop off and closed it as she goes to her bed and falls into deep sleep.

 

~

 

Finally, Saturday is here.

 

Hyouri woke up and looked out the window to see the sun has fully risen. She goes and takes a shower before grabbing some clothes and putting them on:

 

She grabs her shoulderbag and puts the things she needed inside. She fixes her hair, pulling it up into a ponytail. She looked at the time before rushing out of her room and went to the fridge to grab some yogur, not sparing a glance for her roommate who ate some cereal. She takes a plastic spoon and grabbed her keys, walking out of the door.

 

She walked off to the pet shop, deciding to get herself her own worthy companion. She looked around the store and thought about what type of dog she wanted. She continued to roam til she spots a certain boy waiting for his dog. She quickly shook her head and contiue to venture her wau to the dog section. When she sees a white Pomeranian pup:

 

She picks it up and tells the saleslady how much it was.The saleslady tells the prize and other expenses for the pup, Hyouri bought it all with some spare change. She was just happy that she had a real companion with her.

 

"Seems like fate brought us together once again, Ms Waitress." Hyukjae says with a light chuckle as he held Choco in his arms, walking over to Hyouri. "And here I am, thinking bad karma strikes its way back to my life." Hyouri says, her nose scrunching up as she looked at him, holding her pup close to her. "Quite feisty in this cold morning I see..." Hyukjae says with a smirk, paying and patted Hyouri's shoulder before walking out of the store, waving at a few fans that spotted him. He gets in his car and drives off.

 

"Are celebrities really that arrogant?" Hyouri asks the saleslady indirectly as she looked at the car zooming off. "Well they're not arrogant when they don't have to be I suppose." The saleslady says kindly with a giggle. "Huh." Was all that came out of Hyouri's mouth before waving the Lady goodbye and took her scarf off and wraps it around the pup, carrying the things she bought before walking off quickly to get back to the apartment safely with the pup.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me..."