Chapter 4

One Less Lonely Girl

"You have GOT to be insane to just say that out of the blue. And what makes you think I'll agree to that, you pabo." Hyouri says as she glared at Hyukjae who didn't seem fazed with the death glares being given to them.

 

"Well I'd be damned if I don't get a yes from you." Hyukjae says casually as he crossed his arms. Hyouri rolled her eyes and looked at him, scoffing. "So what? You won't leave til I say yes?" Hyouri hisses as she looked at him in disbelief. 

 

"Yep." He says, popping the 'p' with a lazy smirk etched on his face. Mika eavesdropped on their conversation, her smirk growing larger as she continued to listen. She then walks out and looked at Hyouri. "I think you should say yes, Hyouri. So you know if you're gonna grow old alone or actually end up with a husband." She says.

 

Her smirk enlarging when she saw Hyouri's posture changing, clearly showing that her words hit the brunette like an uppercut. Hyukjae however, didn't care what Mika was saying, instead he observed Hyouri's bodily movements, his brown orbs observing her intently.

 

"Fine... I'll accept the offer. Now leave." Hyouri says bluntly, picking Aries up and walked to her room. Mika walks over to Hyukjae and hands him a sticky note with Hyouri's number. "Just text her the location and time and all that. I'd rather not talk to her in her changing state. You can go now by the way." She says with a smirk, looking at him before walking off to her room.

 

Hyukjae just shook his head, standing up and walked out of their house, going back to the dorm, only to be greeted with an agitated Jungsoo. "Hyung..." He breathes out, clearly scared what his hyung would do.

 

"Where were you? I know that you finished your schedule early and Choco's already roaming free in the dorm but it seems like her owner wasn't around." Jungsoo says, crossing his arms as he looked at his dongsaeng intently.

 

"Seems like he was out with a girl, seeing that note in his hand I think he scored her number." Heechul teases as he appeared out of nowhere and rested his chin on Jungsoo's shoulder.

 

"Seriously? You just broke up with Akira and now you're already hitting on someone? What's with the habit Hyukjae-yah?" Jungsoo says in disbelief as he looked at the brunette who took off his shoes and placing it properly on the shoe rack.

 

"Does it matter hyung?" Hyukjae says with a sigh, looking at his hyungs. "It would be since you haven't had a stable relationship in a long time." Heechul says before shaking his head and walked back to his room. Jungsoo looked at Hyukjae. "Please promise me that she'll be the last." He tells his dongsaeng, putting a hand on Hyukjae's shoulder.

 

"I can't promise anything hyung, you yourself know that. I told you Akira was the last one when I introduced her to you but then I started to doubt our relationship." Hyukjae says with a frown on his face, taking his coat off, putting it on the coat hanger, ignoring the sigh echoing from Jungsoo's lips.

 

"Get over Akira. But I swear Hyukjae-yah, if you don't settle I think I'd grow insane. Either this is the last girl, or its just from schedule to dorm for you." Jungsoo says in a fatherly tone before smiling softly and ruffled Hyukjae's hair then walked off to check on the others.

 

Hyukjae just shook his head, he then walks in the dorm and gave his hyungs and dongsaengs a smile before walking to his room. He looked at the note Mika gave him and bit down on his lip.

 

"Hyuk, you okay? You, Teukie-hyung and Chullie-hyung seemed to have had another serious conversation." Donghae says as he walked in his best friend's room and sat on his bed. "Pondering on my relationships like the 'fatherly' roles they partake in." Hyukjae says with a shrug, typing Hyouri's number in.

 

"You're lucky manager-nim still gives you a chance in dating." Donghae points out with a smile lingering on his lips. "As a matter-of-fact, I'm not the one who's famous for scandals, I'm just labelled the monkey dancing machine who dates a lot of ladies." Hyukjae says, turning to Donghae who looked too innocent for his own good.

 

"Well hands up on that, Hyukkie. I'll leave you to yourself, join us for dinner okay?" Donghae says, hugging Hyukjae before leaving his room. "Aish..." Hyukjae murmured under his breath before texting Hyouri:

 

Hyukjae: Meet me at the park tomorrow, 4pm sharp. Mika-ssi gave me your number by the way.

 

He let out a big puff of air out of his chest and changed into some warm, comfortable clothes. He saw his phone buzz and checked that Hyouri replied.

 

Hyouri: Already expected that she'd do that... And yeah, will do. Now leave me alone, Mr Celebrity.

 

Hyukjae smirked lightly before tapping his chin and then types back to her.

 

Hyukjae: Well well... Still grumpy, Ms Waitress?

 

He seemed to have gotten a reply sooner than expected. He smirks as he realized that she was a quick replier, he never complained though.

 

Hyouri: I'm not. I'm just cherishing the last few moments of my lonely, amazing style of living before my world gets succumbed into whatever antics you and Mika come up with. 

 

Hyukjae couldn't help but let out a laugh at her reply. He then starts to type back to her.

 

Hyukjae: Awww poor baby. Don't worry it might not be so bad.

 

He leaned back and looked at his phone, already waiting for the reply.

 

Hyouri: Currently praying for that Mr Celebrity. Now leave me alone! 

 

Before he could even reply his phone buzzed again.

 

Hyouri: And goodnight. Leave me alone.

 

He laughed and decided to just leave her a simple 'Goodnight Ms Waitress' before standing up and walked out of his room to eat dinner with the others. What he didn't know that the smile on his face mirrored the smile on her face.