Chapter 5

One Less Lonely Girl

Hyouri was tossing around lightly as she continued to find a comfortable position to continue sleeping, one of her hands placed securely on top of Aries' back. She somehow ended up with a day off and wanted to sleep in or make more videos in her room.

All that has changed when Mika walks in her room and shook her awake. "Yah, Hyouri. Wake up... We need to get you pampered before your date." Mika says as she sat on the floor and shook her awake. "Its not like its anything important Mika..." Hyouri groans as she covered her eyes with her arm.

"Don't be so stubborn! This is going to be the date that you'll be fab and grab the chance to be with a celebrity!" Mika says as she sat on her bed and shook her awake. Aries growled at Mika for interrupting his sleep and barked at her. 'Oh how I wish I could just bark right now.' Hyoyri thought to herself before sitting up.

"What am I supposed to do then?" She says in defeat, Mika clapped her hands as a smile made its way to her face. "Well... First we need to go to the mall to shop for your date which probably would end up fancy. Then the next stop is the spa. And last stop, hair salon. To get those brown tips a little ginger slash amber look and get your makeup done." Mika rambled to Hyouri.

It was as if Mika was the one who was gonna have a date and not her, seeing as her roommate was WAY more excited than her. Hyouri listened and ran a hand through her brown locks, her auburn eyes filled with boredom. 

"Okay... But when do I get to eat?" 

~

Hyouri comes down wearing casual winter clothes, not bothering to go stylish since the weather wasn't worth being fabulous over. She grabbed her scarf and wrapped it loosely around her neck. She sat on the couch as she waited for Mika, turning her fully charged phone on. 

While she waited she plopped a few of her things in, a power bank being one of those things. She checked her phone to see two texts, one from her brother and of course... Hyukjae.

 

Oppa: Uri-yah, oppa here. I was wondering how you're doing, seeing as you haven't visited us for quite some time now. And I know you kept the money we sent instead of wasting it, omma and appa wouldn't expect that though. I know you've probably done this for the past 6 years but please take care of yourself. Hyouri-yah, Saranghae ❤

 

Hyouri just shook her head in amusement of her brother's text and checked the other message.

 

Hyukjae: Good morning, Ms Waitress. Hope you haven't forgotten our date this afternoon. 

 

She rolled her eyes and started to tap a reply back to Hyukjae.

 

Hyouri: Good morning to you too Mr Celebrity. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten since Mika woke me up and reminded me.

 

She walks off to grab a glass of water and gives half of it to Aries, pouring it on his bowl before sitting back down on the couch and sees that Hyukjae already replied.

 

Hyukjae: Oh really now? Seems like she's annoyed you and dragged you away from your slumber.

 

Hyouri couldn't help but laugh lightly at the text and started to text him back.

 

Hyouri: yeah, torture. Now she's taking me out for some 'pampering' before our date. Makes me what to think again about who you asked out.

 

She leaned back and drank her water, looking at Mika's closed door. Her roommate still seemed to be busy getting ready. When Mika came out, Hyouri stood up and kissed Aries' head goodbye before walking out and waited next to Mika's car.

 

Hyukjae: Don't worry. I asked YOU out so no need for second thoughts. By the way, I still have a schedule to fulfill so let's move to 5pm and just so its fair, you get more time for yourself. Goodbye for now, Ms Waitress.

 

Hyouri smiled lightly and shook her head. She couldn't let herself be dragged into having feelings for the dancer. She just can't handle it.

 

Hyouri: Riiighhht... Well, goodbye to you as well Mr Celebrity.

 

She looked up from her phone to see Mika smirking at her. Hyouri raised an eyebrow as if to ask why her roommate had that look on her face. 

"I didn't think you could smile that much just by texting... Let me guess, you're giving Hyukjae-ssi a chance?" Mika says teasingly. Hyouri frowned at her before getting in the car and crossed her arms, Mika's words echoing in her head. 

Was she really going to give that egotistic celebrity a chance? Is she even willing to give that chance? 

She internally slapped herself, wanting to get out of the horrible trance she's currently in. Mika got in the car as well and drove off to the mall. When they arrived, Mika was already dragging Hyouri to the mall. Hyouri who was trying to keep up, she avoided bumping into people.

But when she did, she stopped quickly to bow at the person who she bumped into before scurrying off to run after Mika. The person with jet-black hair styled into a quiff eyed Hyouri intently before shrugging and walking off. 

Mika was already rummaging through dresses while Hyouri was sitting on the store's plush chair, playing a game. When Mika walked over to her roommate, she plopped a few dresses on her lap making Hyouri look up and then examined the dresses. 

"You're letting me wear this kind of dress? In the middle of winter endings?" Hyouri says in shock as she looked at the backless maroon skater dress. Mika stuck her tongue out at Hyouri. "Don't be so uptight. Those are still options." Mika tells her before rummaging through another line of dresses.

Hyouri crossed her legs and placed the dresses on her leg, searching for some dresses on her phone. "Maybe you should try dark clothes, just so your soon-to-be amber-ish hair will stand out." Mika rambled as she continued to search for clothes. "Haven't you ever gone to a date before?" She asked out of nowhere making Hyouri raise an eyebrow.

"No. I haven't." Hyouri says, shaking her head. Mika pokes her head out of the rack of dresses. "Like haven't you gotten envious of the couples just walking around? Or your parents looking as if they've fallen for each other all over again?" Mika asks in surprise, her eyes wide.

"I don't get out much and... No I haven't gotten envious of my parents, because I'd say that their love story is their own, no one needs a replica of it." Hyouri says truthfully before sighing and standing up, putting the dresses on the bench and walks to a rack of dresses. "I'll help you look..."

~

After buying Hyouri the clothes for her date, they went to some restaurant and ate, next stop they went to the spa—getting the much needed relaxatio, much to Hyouri's dismay. Of course, the last stop came as quick as the other stops went, her hair was now dyed in light blonde tips, only the upper part of her hair remaining brown, the ends were curled loosely and slightly messed up so the colors fused well. Mika of course chose it all, Hyouri paid for the treatment and when her hair was done, she looked at herself in shock. 

"OMG, you look gorgeous!" Mika says in excitement as she clapped her hands together. Hyouri puts a finger on her lips as if signalling her roommate to keep her voice down. "I just changed my hair color, what's so gorgeous about that?" Hyouri says, tilting her head as she ran a hand through her hair only to be smacked Mika. "Don't fuss with your new hair. Now come on, we need to get you home and get you ready for your date!" Mika says, her excitement bursting out of her, Hyouri just shook her head and glanced at herself one more time before grabbing the shopping bags and led Mika out of the salon and to the car.

~

"Okay, last touch and... Finished." Mika says in pure relief that her masterpiece turned out amazing. Hyouri looked at Mika with a raised eyebrow before looking at the mirror. "Holy sh-oot. Why red?" Hyouri says as she observed her features, her auburn eyes looked like they grew bigger from the eyeliner. Mika smirked and shrugged. "No reason, but it looks good on you! Now let's get you dressed." She says, taking out the dress, shoes, stockings and so on. Hyouri sighed and stood up, grabbed the clothes and changed.

 

"NOW, the masterpiece is complete, but please lose the glasses, I'll hand you your contacts." Mika says as her nose scrunched up when she saw Hyouri wearing her glasses. Hyouri frowned and took off her glasses, her vision blurring lightly. Mika grabbed Hyouri's contacts from her desk and went to help her roommate put her contacts on. When Mika was finished, Hyouri grabbed the stuff she needed and placed it inside her purse. She walked to Aries and fed him before going to the front door, but before she left, she grabbed her black coat and turned her head to see Mika was a defeated look on her face making Hyouri laugh.

"No way in hell am I going to let him do that 'give-my-coat-to-you' technique." She smirks before walking out the door and to the central park.

 

 

 

 

Hyouri: Okay Mr Celebrity... Where are you?