Chapter 6

One Less Lonely Girl

Hyouri walked casually to the park as she looked around. Her date hasn't arrived yet. She sat down on a bench and took her phone out and took another look around before sighing, her breath contrasting with the weather.

 

She played a few games and then looked at the time. "Its already 5... Is that framing me?" She murmured to herself, looking down at her phone and tapped her fingers on it lightly. She then went back to playing a few games, her patience growing shorter. 

 

Someone then sits on the same bench and looked at the person next to them. "Yah, you're that girl who bumped into me." The person said in surprise, Hyouri looked up and turned to the guy she bumped into. "Omo... Ah, mianhae, my friend was in a hurry to buy my clothes and I didn't want to get lost or lose her, I was quite clumsy as well so I bumped into you." She rambled, the guy laughed and shook his head lightly.

 

"No worries! No harm done, I was just surprised to see you again, looking quite dressed on an occasion unlike when you were in the mall..." He says, still chuckling. Hyouri blushed lightly and laughed uneasily. "Haha... Thanks for the compliment..." She says, biting down on her rosy lip. 

 

"I'm Donghae by the way." The guy, obviously named Donghae, said with a smile on his face, a hand held out for her to shake. Hyouri smiled lightly back at him. "Nice to meet you, Donghae. I'm Hyouri. Did anyone tell you that your name is actually a city?" Hyouri says as she shook hands with him.

 

 "Yeah, a few fans told me and so did my hyungs." Donghae says, feeling at ease just talking to the girl he bumped into a few hours ago. Hyouri nodded as she looked at him intently. "Oh... You're... Lee Donghae from Super Junior?" Hyouri says with raised eyebrows as she remembered the time she searched for that group.

 

"Yeah... I am..." Donghae says, slowly becoming awkward. Hyouri's eyes widened and waved a hand. "Don't feel pressured, I just assumed because I searched who you guys were out of curiosity..." Hyouri says hurriedly, Donghae raised an eyebrow at her.

 

"You don't know who we are?" He says in shock and confusion, a blush once again made its way on Hyouri's cheeks. "Uhhh... Is it bad if I say no?" She says with a nervous giggle. "Ani ani, not at all!" Donghae says, chuckling at her behavior. 

 

The two of them started to talk for an hour or so, til Donghae said that he had to leave before his hyungs could scold him. They exchanged numbers with each other's faces on the icon before Donghae waved her goodbye, leaving Hyouri alone again. 

 

She then remembered why she was here in the first place and goes to dial Hyukjae's number.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Don't 'Yoboseyo' me! Where are you? Are you seriously just ditching me here out in the cold or what?!"

 

"Hyouri?"

 

"Is that all you can say right now? 'Hyouri'? Seriously, Hyukjae?"

 

"Mian... I'm still in the studio."

 

"Are you really or are you at some hotel room with a girl?"

 

"I truly AM in the studio. I'll text you the address and we can leave once I'm done."

 

"Seriously..." She then sighs.

"Fine. This better be worth it."

 

She then ends the call before Hyukjae could reply. She had a pissed off look on her face and checked the address and took a cab, since it was quicker. She had to prolong her patience, she was lucky enough to make a friend while waiting for that 'jerk'.

 

She paid the driver and gave him a small smile before getting out and looked at the tall building in front of her. She looked around before walking in and checked what Hyukjae texted her. It was the floor and room. She looked to see the guard was busy talking to another person so she walked to the elevator and pressed the up button.

 

When she saw that it was empty she sighed in relief and quickly walked in, pressing the number of the floor Hyukjae texted her. The doors closed and the elevator started to move up. Hyouri patted small specks of snow out of her hair, dress and coat as she looked at the mirror wall next to her. 

 

The elevator stopped at the designated floor she chose and the doors opened. She quickly walked out and checks her phone for the room she needed to walk in. She quickly memorized it in her head and started to walk to the certain room. She took a deep breath and knocked, walking in.

 

There were a few people whom she never knew or met aside from the honey-brown haired idiot who was in the recording room. "Uh... May we help you?" A man asked her, Hyouri was lost for words and gulped down the lump in . "Don't worry Hyung, she's a companion." Hyukjae spoke from the microphone, taking the headphones off and walked out of the small space.

 

"Ah... Sorry you had to wait, Eunhyuk here had to record a few songs for the album with Donghae. Don't spoil the ELFs okay?" Another man said, who looked like the manager. Hyouri just looked at him in confusion before clearing . "No worries, I'm not an ELF so there won't be chances of your work being leaked out in the internet." She says with a small smile.

 

They bowed lightly at her. "Please take care of Hyukjae for us." They chorused while Hyukjae rolled his eyes lightly. "Stop it, hyung. I'm not a kid but thanks for the concern. I have to go..." Hyukjae says, grabbing Hyouri's hand and walked to the door. "Tell Donghae he needs to come early tomorrow!" The manager says before the door closed, Hyukjae and Hyouri out of the room.

 

"So why didn't Donghae-ssi record with you?" Hyouri spoke up as she and Hyukjae walked to the elevators. "He had a schedule, I've been in that room for half the day since its a part of my schedule. But do tell... Do you know Donghae?" Hyukjae says, Hyouri walked in the empty elevator, pulling him in before nodding.

 

"Yeah... I bumped into him at the mall like a few hours ago. And then we met again in the central park where we were supposed to meet. He and I talked for a bit and then exchanged numbers since he had to leave saying he had to leave or else his hyungs would scold him." Hyouri said lightly as she looked at the closed metal doors, forgetting the hand intertwined with hers.

 

"Oh... So you guys are friends now?" Hyukjae says as he led her to his car, their hands separating, the warmth they shared. Gone. Hyukjae got in the passenger seat while Hyukjae got in the driver's seat. He starts the engine and drove out of the parking lot and into the busy road of Seoul. "I guess? Now where are you taking me?" Hyouri asked, her hand brushing her hair lightly to distract herself.

 

"First we're gonna go get something to eat, don't worry it won't be fancy. The next destination would be a karaoke place. The next stops will be decided on our mood." Hyukjae says as he takes a turn, his eyes directed on the road. "Why would you take me to karaoke?" Hyouri asks in confusion.

 

"You have a major in music right? I thought about it and maybe you're not just good at playing instruments but you're also good at singing since you're a music guru in YouTube now right?" Hyukjae says, Hyouri nodded and checked her phone to see that Donghae texted her a hello message. "You're quite observant... Kudos for that. And yes I did major in music." She says as she read the message.

 

Donghae: Good eve, Hyouri-ssi! Did your date pick you up already?

 

Hyouri: I don't know if I should be happy about it but... Yeah... He's currently taking me to some restaurant or maybe some food stand. Who knows? 😒

 

Donghae: oh? You were so dressed I thought you were excited for that date? 

 

Hyouri: I was but he made me go to him after you left.

 

Donghae: Yikes. That , don't worry Hyouri-ssi, just pray it'll turn out alright.

 

Hyouri: Currently praying, Donghae-ssi. 

 

Donghae: Praying for you, Hyouri-ssi 🙏😂. Fighting~!

 

Hyouri: Kamsahamnida~!

 

"Who you texting?" Hyukjae spoke up, Hyouri quickly turned her phone off and looked at him. "Sorry... Uh... Just a friend..." Hyouri says, biting down on her lip as she realized she just texted another guy while on a date. "Donghae then? Since I'm sure Mika isn't what you would call a friend with a smile on your face." Hyukjae guessed, Hyouri sighed.

 

"Yes it was Donghae. Sorry for leaving you hanging." Hyouri said, sincere with her apology. "Don't worry about it. Its alright, I don't know how I should be talking to you right now and I can't just let you sit there in boredom either." Hyukjae says, glancing at Hyouri and gave her a small smile before looking back at the road, slowly dropping the speed of the car and parked at a not-so expensive looking restaurant.

 

"Have you eaten in this place before?" Hyouri asks him as she looked at the restaurant. "No? It'll be an adventure." Hyukjae says sheepishly, getting out of the car. Hyouri did the same with a little bit of Hyukjae's help before walking to the entrance, her hand intertwined with his. 

 

The hostess leads them to a private booth for two and gives them the menus once they were both seated. When they were left alone, the two couldn't help but let out a few laughs. "That lady... Was so serious! I thought I would be punished by her if I let you even trip!" Hyukjae says in fits of laughter, Hyouri covered slightly as she laughed.

 

"Well its rare to find people like her these days." Hyouri says once she came down from her laughter. Hyukjae looked at her. "What?" Hyouri asks, her head tilted. "Oh nothing, its just surprising to see you laugh." Hyukjae says, giving her a smile.

 

"Well don't be too surprised Mr Celebrity, everyone has to laugh for a reason or none." Hyouri says, humor interlacdd with her words but no doubt, there was truth between those words. "Hopefully laughing without a reason won't be as scary as having one." Hyukjae says, a smile lingering on his face. 

 

 

You could say the date started out pretty well... But neither of them wanted the night to end. Come to think of it... The night just started.