Chapter 16

Hate You, Then Love You

Eun-Mi POV
After locking pinkies with Yoseob, there was no point in me for being sad. I finally get to see my family again. I'm glad this is all happening. What's the worst thing that could happen?

"Well this is my last day to do something in Seoul till I come back." I said. "What should we do?"
 
"I already have an idea. Kaja." Yoseob grabbed my hand and we started to run.
 
"Yah! Yang Yoseob! Where are we going?"
 
"Since when do you call me by my first and last name?" he laughed.
 
"Now. Tell me where we're going?"
 
"Don't worry you'll see soon enough. Now keep up. The others are waiting."
 
Other? What is this boy talking about?
 
We took a taxi. As I stared at the window, Yoseob placed his hand over mine. I looked at him and smiled. It's hard to believe he's not my boyfriend. Everyone sees us as a couple. It's sad to say that we're not. If I had a choice on who to date, the person would have to be Yoseob. I've never met a guy like him and I bet I'll never meet anyone else that will make me feel the same way as I do now. After twenty minutes, Yoseob told the driver to pull up ahead. 
 
"Where are we?" I asked.
 
"Look outside." he pointed out the window.
 
I turned my head and saw the entrance to the amusement park I used to go to when I was little. Was this really the place that Yoseob taking me?
 
"The amusement park?" I say.
 
"Ne. Besides, I want to see you leave Korea with a smile on your face and I want the same smile when you come back." Yoseob said. "Now kaja, they've been waiting?"
 
"Wait who?" I ask as I got out of the taxi. Yoseob again pointed and I turn to see the rest of BEAST and MinJee standing at the entrance.
 
"Come on you two! We've been waiting for hours." MinJee said.
 
"No we didn't. We just—" Gikwang was then elbowed in the ribs by MinJee. "Took you long enough."
 
"Wait you all knew?" I asked.
 
"Of course we did. This is your last day in Korea till you come back. You have to end it on a good note." Doojoon smiled.
 
"Well then shall we make this Eun-Mi's last day the best one yet." Yoseob came from behind and placed his hands on my shoulders.
 
"Yeah!" they all cheered.
 
We all ran into the park. It truly was the best day ever.
 
***
 
The day after was when Chun-Hei and I went to the airport. BEAST and MinJee accompanied me. As for Chun-Hei, the group BigBang came with her. I'm surprised Yuri didn't come. It was also the first time I met Kwon Ji-Yong aka G-Dragon, leader of Bigbang and of course, what I like to call him, my sister's new boyfriend.
 
"It's very nice to finally meet you in person Eun-Mi. Chun-Hei has told me a lot about you." he said with a smile.
 
Yeah right. Chun-Hei knows I'm still mad at her. She probably told him to do that so that I would be less angry at her, but giving my respects to him, I smiled and said, "I'm glad to see you as well. Please take good care of my sister."
 
He nodded. I was then introduced to the other Bigbang members. They seemed nice. Awkward but nice. I'm not mad at them. They're not the ones dating my sister.
 
After saying goodbye to Bigbang, I went over to BEAST and MinJee. I gave each and everyone of them a hug. The last one I said goodbye to was Yoseob.
 
"Princess, this isn't goodbye. This is see you later." he smiled. "Now remember, what I said. I want to see you smile and I want the same one needs to come back. I don't see it."
 
I gave him one but he saw right through me. As he shook his head I said, "Well that's the best one I got. Deal with it."
 
Yoseob laughed. "Here let me make that smile real." He placed his hands on my shoulders, pulled me closer to him, leaned and gave me a peck on the forehead. It worked. I grinned brightly as I looked at Yoseob.
 
"That's the smile I want." he said.
 
We said our last goodbye and boarded the plane. My sister and I didn't talk to each other on the way. Well, Chun-Hei was trying to say something but I ignored her. The way home felt like it was shorter. We arrived back home and our family was already waiting for us outside... unfortunately, this excluded my father.
 
'He had to work late, but don't worry, you'll see him soon enough." Mi-Sun answered.
 
Mother had tears of joy when we hugged her. She kept asking us if we were hurt or wounded. I was laughing saying I was okay, but I can't blame her. She missed us so much and we did too.
 
Boy it was great to be home. The first thing I did was go straight to my room and flop on my bed but as I looked around my room I noticed something different.
 
"I cleaned it for you. Mother told me to tidy it up a bit while you were away." Mi-Sun said as she stood at the doorway. "Be lucky I did yours. The twins did Chun-Hei's."
 
"Komawo." I said and gestured her to come sit next to me.
 
"So how are the auditions? Almost done right?" she asked.
 
"Yeah I'm in the top ten. But competition isn't really challenging. You could do better then the other contestants."
 
"Really? If its like that, then it must be way easy for you at least."
 
"How did you know I was almost done?"
 
"I went online. They posted the results from the past weeks. So mother and father know you've been doing well."
 
"They're really proud?"
 
"Ne. I've never seen father so happy before. You should of seen it."
 
Mi-Sun continued to tell me how the family was doing. Since father was the topic, I kept asking questions about him if he was okay. After his building was burnt down, he and all his co-workers had to be relocated. 
 
"Speaking of father, his birthday is in a week. Will you be staying for that long?"
 
Father's birthday? That completely slipped my mind. I was so focused on other things. What was I going to do?
 
"Eun-Mi calm down. It's alright. Don't worry about it. We'll just do the same plan as always. The twins didn't get him anything yet anyway. So you can go with them."
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"It's not a big deal. I like doing it anyway. I'm guessing Chun-Hei didn't buy him anything either huh?"
 
I was going to say something but we both heard Chun-Hei yell, "WAE?"
 
"I'll take that as a yes." Mi-Sun laughed. I laughed along with her. Soon our eldest sister, followed by the twins, came into my room.
 
"You know what I'm thinking right?" Chun-Hei said as she looked at me with a worried look.
 
"Don't worry eunni, it's already planned out." I said calmly. "We're doing the same thing as last year."
 
"We're doing that plan again?" Soo-Jin said sounding irritated. "Just because it worked last time doesn't mean it'll happen again."
 
"Do you have a better idea then?" Mi-Sun asked Soo-Jin who's mouth was open, but Mi-Sun didn't let her finish. "Didn't think so."
 
"Alright, then it's set. Let's hope we can pull this off." Chun-Hei. "Again."
 
***
 
When it's father's birthday, you just can never forget. Never. If you do, he'll make you feel more guilty then ever. It took me up to type actual date of his birthday for me to but his gift. It had to better then last year. Mu-Sun left to go to father's office while the rest of us got ready for his arrival. Sometimes we all wished Mi-Sun would stay home and decorate. We don't call her the Creative One for nothing. But she always has her gift before hand leaving us to buying ours and decorating. She also came up with the plan in the first place. Thank goodness she gave us a blueprint. It was fifteen minutes till father was going to come. We were patiently waiting for Mi-Sun to call to let us know they were coming.
 
Surprisingly, the call came earlier then expected. We all looked at each other and I picked up the phone since no one was going to.
 
"Yoboseyo?" I answered nervously.
 
"E-Eun-Mi... S-Something has terriblly happened." Mi-Sun sounded like she was in those horror movies where the person is in hiding from someone else. "You need to get here now!"
 
"Mi-Sun, what are you talking about? Come where? Is father with you?"
 
I heard Mi-Sun cry. "Just get everyone here! To father's building! Hurry before its too late."
 
My hand shook a little and I had almost dropped the phone. If its at his work, then this can't be good. The only times this would happen is if he had something serious to say. Did Chun-Hei say it to him privately and has decided to change things around? Easy Eun-Mi, don't be jumping to conclusions. Still it worries me...
 
"Eun-Mi, what is it? Are they coming?" Chun-Hei asked.
 
"Mi-Sun wants us at father's building. She didn't explain why but we all have to be there."
 
Everyone was silent. We gave each other glances and were thinking the same thing. Then quickly drove to father's building. There was tension along the way but that changed till we saw a group of people and some firefighters and ambulances. Mother quickly stopped the car. What's going on here. Smoke was coming out of the building and firefighters were doing their best to stop it. We ran through the crowd, fighting our way to if Mi-Sun was anywhere. We finally saw reached to her when she was holding father's hand who layed on the stretcher. He was burned and it didn't look good.
 
"Mi-Sun what happened?" I asked.
 
She looked at us with watery eyes. "He's not waking up... It might be over..."
 
We all stood in silence. Father... Gone? As we watched the ambulance take him away, I hear my sister's cry. I'm the only who doesn't have tears because I had my turn in tears too many times. 
 
***
 
Acouple nights after father was sent to hospital, who was actually in a comma stage at the moment, I lay in my bed, thinking if I should return to Korea or not. If I go back, I'd be leaving my family at a bad time. as I turned off my light, I heard a knock on my door. It was Chun-Hei and she was thinking the same thing as I was.
 
"Have you thought about going back?" she asked.
 
"I don't know... I haven't decided." I answered. "Even if I'm in the top ten, it still doesn't change anything."
 
"Then have them change the date."
 
"Aniyo. They already changed it so that I can come here. I can't have them do it again."
 
"Well what are we going to do. I already told Ji-Yong I'd come back."
 
The promises we make for boys. Chun-Hei and I are completly torn. I promised Yoseob I come back with a smile. How can I, when I know that my father is in the hospital? I don't know what to do. Yoseob, why can't you just be with me right now?
 
Chun-Hei and I were still deciding if we should go or not. We only had acouple days left so we didn't have much time. The next morning, I decided to call Yoseob myself on what I should do. with him talking to me, I feel less stress and he can calm me down easily. There was just one problem. Time zones. He's sleeping and I just woke up. It was too late for me to cancel the call because I heard his voice answer, "Yobseyo?"
 
I took a deep breath. "Yoseob, It's Eun-Mi. I'm sorry for calling. I didn't mean to wake you..."