Chapter 13

Hate You, Then Love You

Eun-Mi POV
Opening act? Please tell me I'm dreaming. That means its going to be in front of an audience, but it's for BEAST. Man, why does everything have to have a negative side?

"So everyone work hard now because, some of the BEAST members will be dropping in here from time to time. Please Eric continue."
 
All the girls either giggled or started to have panic attack. As for me I just stayed calm. I still didn't turn my head. Focus Eun-Mi focus...
 
After auditions were over, MinJee came over to me with a smile an said, "You should win these auditions. None of these other girls deserve it like you."
 
"Oh yeah, well that's what I'm hoping for. Ready to go?" I asked gathering my stuff.
 
"Sure, but I need to run to the restroom real quick. I'll meet you up front."
 
"Okay."
 
As MinJee left, Eric then approched me. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Great job today like always. Keep it up and you might win this thing."
 
"That's the goal. By the way, how come you don't do these type of numbers back home?"
 
"These arent my numbers. The CEO asked me to do this type. But don't worry I'll keep it in mind."
 
We continued to talk till I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I hesitated to turn around. Behind me were the boys of BEAST, minus Yoseob. Where could he be?
 
"Good job today Eun-Mi." Doojoon said.
 
"Yeah, you really know how to dance." Hyunseung said.
 
"I can't wait to here you sing." Dongwoon said.
 
"Komawo... So where's Yoseob?" I wondered why I asked that.
 
"For some reason, he said he didn't want to see you." Junhyung answered. "I thought he be the first one to see you."
 
"It's like doesn't want to see you anymore. Did something happen between you guys?" It was if Gikwang was giving me a hint to say a specific thing. Did he know what happened last night.
 
"Ani, nothing happened. None I could think of..." I lied.
 
"He's been acting weird lately ever since this mouring." Doojoon said.
 
"Look guys, I really like to talk but I have to go... now." I said slowly backing away. "Sorry about this we can hang out some other time."
 
I ran out of the room and started to exit the building. As I walked out, my head was down the whole time so I didn't see where I was going. I again bumped into someone. I looked up thinking it was MinJee but it turned out to be Yoseob. So much for not seeing him...
 
"Eun-Mi..." Yoseob muttered.
 
I just stared at him. I thought he was going to call me princess but I was disappointed. I acutally wanted him to call me that.
"Eun-Mi..."
 
Still staring at him, I felt my heart puns harder. My mouth open but no words came out.
 
"Eun-Mi I—"
 
Without letting him finish, I ran passed him, leaving him once again. I felt tears come down my cheeks. Why am I feeling this way? Why am I crying? That night, it was just one time. I should just get over it. Act like nothing happened. But apparently, I can't. Am I in love? Yes I am. I abmit it now. I love Yang Yoseob. 
 
Now that I think about it my father never said about having feelings for idols. So technically, I'm not breaking the promise. I'm not dating him. It's allowed... Right. I sighed wiped my years and waited for MinJee to come.
 
We went to my uncles shop. When we sat down, I told MinJee everything. This includes the feelings I have for Yoseob.
 
"Bwoh! You really like him?" MinJee asked with widen eyes.
 
"Shh! Not so loud." I said. "And I don't just like him... I love him..."
 
"After just one night? Wow your feelings for him went by fast."
 
"I know but I can never tell him."
 
"Why not?"
 
"I just can't MinJee. My life is difficult as it is... Can we talk about something else now."
 
"Yeah sure anything to get your mind off things."
 
I laughed a little. "You even sound like her.."
 
"Sound like who?" MinJee gave me a confused look.
 
"I'm sorry it's just that you look like my sister, Mi-Sun. And I mean way too similar."
 
"Oh really? I'd like to meet her one day."
 
"I'll be sure to introduce to her when she's around. I live in the states you know."
 
"Really? I use to live in the states. But that was like along time ago. When my—"
 
I waited for MinJee to finish but noticed a different look in her expression. Something she was looking at was definitely bothering her. I turned around and saw a couple chatting about how their love story came to be. I looked back at MinJee who then looked down.
 
"Minjee is everything okay?" I asked.
 
She sighed. "That couple reminds me of my best firend... Who I had feelings for... He and I use to have the same dream, becoming idols under the same entertainment. Unfortunately we got accepted to different ones."
 
"Oh, MinJee I'm sorry to hear that."
 
"It's alright. I've looked at almost every entertainment company and still couldn't find him. Who knows where he is now."
 
"Well maybe you still haven't looked hard enough. I'm sure you'll be able to find him." I said tryin to cheer her up.
 
MinJee still had her head down and gave a shy smile. This really had me wondering who this boy was? And why does she seem embaressed or shy to bring this up?
 
Yoseob POV
Stupid nerves. There just simple words. I couldn't say it to her. I had my chance. Why does being nervous have to be part of an average person? Can't it just happen to certain people? At first I didn't want to face Eun-Mi at all. Seeing her only this morning was all I was hoping for but I had thought of what Gikwang said. Again and again I was over thinking it. I kept telling myself 'No don't tell her how you feel.' and argued with 'Yes just say it.'
 
Before I bumped into Eun-Mi, I was outside making that descion. It all came down to tell her, but I failed. I wanted to catch up with her but my legs couldn't move. I bet I'll never get a chance to talk to her anymore. Then again I didn't even say more then two words to her.
 
After practice, we all decided to go back to the dorm. The ride back was the worst. Everyone was talking Eun-Mi. I excluded myself from this conversation. There was no way I wanted to do or say anything that dealed with her. They all tried askin me questions about her but I ignores them all. But I did listen. So much for not thinking about her.
 
"Eun-Mi was a really good dancer." Hyunseung commented. "I'm really impressed."
 
"I'll say. She got every move right." Gikwang said. "It was like she was in sync with the cheorograhor."
 
"You got that right. I never knew the fit had it in her." Junhyung said.
 
"Even just looking at her today, I bet she's going to the next round." Dongwoon said.
 
"I keep forgetting these are auditions are for a back up." Doojoon said. "And for our opening act."
 
"You're right it is. Too bad these aren't the real deal." Gikwang said.
 
"Let us hope she does great the second week." Dongwoon said.
 
"Yeah, because I actually want her as our opening act instead of the others." Junhyung admitted.
 
"Well we're just going to have to wait till the first two weeks are up. Hopefully she'll continue on." Doojoon said as they all nodded.
 
Two weeks? I don't think I can take it. As long Eun-Mi is here, I bet I can never go inside Cube ever again. I want her to stay but I kind of  want her to leave. Is it really worth speaking the truth about my feelings to her? I've never felt so serious about about how I love someone. When will it end?
 
***
 
As the first week was drawing to a close, I never saw her again. The last time I saw her was when I was trying to confess my live for her. Then again I could of just walked in right when auditions were over and say it, but I didn't feel like it. In fact I didn't feel like doing anything at all. Only Gikwang knows how I feel. I know It's bad to keep secrets from others but I can't let anyone else know. It's bad enough that I have to tell Eun-Mi myself.
 
Singing was coming up next. Everyone was asking me if I was going to observe the vocal part of the auditions but my answer was all the same: "Oh maybe I don't know yet." As the main vocal of BEAST, I should go, but there's Eun-Mi, who I doubt will be happy if she see's me. 
 
While wondering around the halls I noticed Choi MinJee, the new trainee, on the phone. I was just around the corner and didn't want to intrupted her. So I ended up easedropping in her.
"But why?... That can't really be the reason... But you have to be err. Singing is this week."
 
Who is MinJee talking too? And who is leaving? One of the contestants is quieting?
 
"Eun-Mi you can't leave. What about your dreams? You were only here for a week and you're just going to go?"
 
My heart stopped a little. Eun-Mi's leaving? Did something happen? Wait a minute, of course something happened. It's about me. She's leaving because of me... No... I'm not allowing that to happen. It's time to stop avoiding and just stuck it up. I was about to leave but I had forgotten I was overhearing MinJee, who saw me and ended her call. There was no point in lying so I said, "She's leaving because of me, isn't she."
 
MinJee sighed. "You heard..." I nodded then she continued, "You're half right..."
 
"Half right? What do you mean by that?"
 
"Eun-Mi... She's actually going through some troubles right now."
 
"Like what?"
 
"Yoseob, stop trying to make me tell you. I don't think you would want to know anyway and I don't want you making a complete fool of yourself. Just let it go."
 
"But MinJee. Please I want to know what's wrong with Eun-Mi."
 
"If you care so much, why don't you ask her yourself?"
 
"I... I... Can't."
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because I love her!" I covered my mouth. I just couldn't beleive I had said that out loud. The only good thing right now was that only MinJee was around.
 
"Did you just say you loved Eun-Mi?" she asked with a laugh.
 
"N-Ne... please don't tell anyone else." I begged. "Not even Eun-Mi. If anything, I want to tell her myself."
 
"You two are something..."
 
"What that suppose to mean?"
 
"Nothing. Nothing." she said quickly. "Don't worry Yoseob, your secret is safe with me."
 
"Good. Now why is Eun-Mi leaving?"
 
As MinJee started to to explain to me why happened, I just couldn't hear anymore. I went striaght to her hotel and asked the front desk is had left. Luckily she didn't. As I arrived to her room, I saw her with her luggage and had closed the door behind her.
 
"Eun-Mi!" I called.
 
She looked up and was surpised to see me. "Yoseob... w-what are you doing here?bl  I thought—"
 
"You can't leave. The auditions are just starting. You can't quiet now."
 
"Yoseob..."
 
"Don't you have dreams to fulfill? Give me a reason why you decided to quit now."
 
Eun-Mi looked down and fell silent.
 
"Look I know you have plenty reasons and one of them is about me. So please Eun-Mi tell me whats going on. I'll understand."
 
She sighed. I noticed a tear came down from her eye. "My father... almost died. He was about to walk into that building ... but it caught on fire... I have to leave to make sure he's okay. I don't care about the auditions right now. Even though my sister called to say he's safe, I'm still going..."
 
So what MinJee told me was true. I can't force to not see her family. What kind of person would I be? She'll leave but will she come back? I'll risk it. Even if it hurts me to say goodbye.
 
"Well, if that really is the truth, then I'm not stoping you."
 
Her eyes widen. "Y-You're not?"
 
I shook my head. "You put family first then yourself. I respect that. So... Go. Your family needs you.."