Prologue Part 2.

Beauty of the Deaf

"Life is Better with You"

What you can listen to through out the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GxdhBlGajA


 7 Years Later...

            "Yah! Leave my noona alone!" Chan goes and picks up a rock, ready to chuck it at the boys making fun of Younghee. The boys just looked him. One started to approach him, and shoved him to the ground. Chan doesn't back down and throws the rock at the boy's head. He winced in pain and was going to punch him, till Younghee got up and grabbed Chan's hand. They both started to run as fast as they can, away from those bullies. They both look back and it seemed they lost them. Chan and Younghee look at each other and start to laugh. "Want to get some ice cream before we go home?" Younghee using many hand gestures. Chan smiles, finally understanding, and nods.

             The two youngsters have finally reached the ice cream parlor called, "Shining Diamond". They enter and Chan is super excited seeing all of the varities of ice cream to choose from. Younghee just looks at and smiles following him closely behind. She's glad she has him in her life. If it weren't him she wouldn't be in "Shining Diamond". Chan looks up at Younghee and points at a chocolate mint ice cream. She smiles and nods. For a 7 year old, Chan is pretty smart. "Uhm, sir, Can i get two cones of uhm...this?" Chan points at the flavor. The man stares at him for a bit, and  starts to scope ice cream into a cone. "1,000 won please." The looks down at Chan. Chan gets scared and hides behind Younghee. She was confused, but looked at the man and understood. Younghee reaches for the money she stole from her parents room, well Chan did, and handed it to the man. They finally got their ice cream and started to eat it.

             On their way home, there stood outside her father, with a serious face, waiting impatiently for the two kids. Their father sees them walking down the street, enjoying their ice cream. Her father rushes down and stood in front of the kids. "Appa what are you doing outside?" Chan smiling at him. His father smiles back but a fake one. Younghee was scared of seeing her father. She didn't want Chan to know what happened to her. She was worried her father would hit her or drag to the house but he didn't. "Come inside the house. Your mother is worried." Their father pushes them along towards the house. 

Later that night...

             After Younghee and Chan were done playing legos, Chan fell fast asleep, leaving Younghee feel quite lonely. She tucked Chan in bed and headed out the door, closing it softly so Chan won't wake up. And for not getting noticed by her parents. Bad luck was her side. There behind her stood her father. Before Younghee can react, he drags her by her hair to her room. Tears streamed down Younghee's eyes. *Slap* Her father had slapped her over and over again. Younghee was tired of all of this but she couldn'd run away. She didn't want to leave Chan all by himself with these hideous monsters. Her father was now hovering over her and Younghee layed there. "You piece of . You think you can play with him? Huh?" He slaps her again. Younghee wince in pain and tears fall out her eyes more. Her father then spits down at her and walks to the door. Younghee sat there but something went off her mind and she used all her strengths to get up. Her father was going to leave, but Younghee kicks him in the back of his leg. Making him wince in pain, and hopping on one leg. Before he can do anything. Younghee shuts the door and locks it. All she can hear is her fater yelling and banging the door, but it stops when Chan can be heard asking, "Why's it so loud Appa?" Then the door to Chan's room shuts.

               Younghee didn't know what to do, after what she's done. She has too much going on and she can't even speak! Suddenly she starts to cry and thinks about 'Why am I even alive right now?' But of course, she only has on motive and that's Chan. He'd the only one that keep her alive even if she has to go through pain to play with him. She'll do whatever to protect him with all her life, even if she has to die. Younghee's only 14 and here she cries and smiles at the thought of being with Chan only. No one else but just her and Chan enjoying ice cream and laughing. *Bang*  All of her "Happiness?" disappears(Would she call her imagination happiness?) and there suddenly was a bang against her door. Younghee shakes violently not wanting to deal with all of this. She quickly runs to her bed and covers herself with her blanket. There was more banging. She just wanted to close her eyes forever and never come back but no there's Chan.

Next Morning...

             It was morning and Younghee had fallen asleep after thinking about Chan. She started to wake up after feeling the sunlight hit her face. She sat up feeling exhausted and yawned. Younghee was getting up but was shaking, terrified, after her memories from last came across her mind. 'What have I done?' She thought sitting back down on her bed. She breathed in and out, clearing her mind. That night something triggered her mind. 'In order to protect Chan, I have to become stronger than my pitiful self' Younghee finally  getting up to clean herself.

             She slowly opened the door, looking from left to right. Once she stepped out someone touched her should causing her to jump back and ready to defend the hit from her father. Surprisingly it wasn't him, it was just Chan. Younghee laughed at herself. Chan was confused but just started to laugh along with her. She then brought out her notebook that she received from Chan the other day and wrote down, "Where's Omma and Appa?" Chan pointed to the opposite direction. "The Kitchen." She nodded her head and softly smiled at Chan. Younghee couldn't help herself and grabbed Chan from the hand and pulled him into a hug. Chan was lost but ended up hugging her. Younghee wanted to cry so badly but not in front of Chan. She didn't want to show her weak side to him. She hated crying but it's her life that makes her cry.

            When Younghee hugged him, it felt so nice and warm. She finally felt...loved? She doesn't know, she just felt happy. Not until her father pulls her away, almost shoving her to the floor. "Channie, why don't you go ahead and play in your room with your mother, huh?" ushering him to his room. Chan somewhat felt bad and looked over his shoulder, to have a glance of his sister. And all he saw was a big smile from her, which made him feel releived. He smiled back at her and turned to go inside is bedroom. Once he entered his room, their father had shut Chan's door. He turned around to see Younghee giving him a nasty look. All he did was scoff and raised his hand to slap her. "You dirty trash! Don't put your hands on our Chan! You don't deserve to  be his sister." Younghee didn't care what he said. She was, for once, actually glad for being deaf. He slapped her but once he raised his hand again to slap her, Younghee had dough his hand and with all her power, kicked him on his shin. He yelled in pain and grabbed her hair. Younghee wasn't going to back down now, nope not right now. Before anything can happen, Chan opens the door. "Appa, Omma wants you!" When the door opened, her father had qickly let go of her hair. He nods and smiles at Chan, limping slightly to his bedroom.

              Chan ran to me and suddenly hugged. I was shocked. But all i can do was smile and hugged back. "Younggie your face is bleeding." Chan looks up at her. Younghee was confused but Chan had reached up to her face. He brought it back down and there was blood on his hand. Younghee started to freak out but she realized that her face was bleeding after her father hit her. Younghee looked at a worried Chan and smiled, throwing up the 'ok' sign saying that she was ok. She pulled out her notebook and wrote, "I cut my self on accident" Chan seemed to buy it, and grabbed Younghee's hand and dragged her to the bathroom. Chan had climbed the toilet and went onto the sink to grab a band-aid but Younghee had already opened the mirror cabinet and pulled out a box of band-aids. Chan pouted and grabbed the box out of her hand. He took one band-aid out and it was a hello kitty band-aid. Chan was going to put it on but Younghee had stop him and shaked her had no. Chan was pouting again asking "Why not?" Younghee had wiped off her blood first and Chan nodded understanding. Younghee then pointed a her clean faced so Chan can place the band-aid on the cut. Chan smiled widely and happily placed it on her cheeck.

              After cleaning Younghee's cut, Chan dragged themselves outside to play. Both of their parents didn't seem to be out the room yet, but it didn't bother the two. Younghee was glad they haven't yet. She can finally play with him. Younghee in her thoughts, didn't notice that she got tagged by Chan. All she saw was Chan tapped her and started to run. Younghee started to chase after him. "I just finally realized that I'm not protecting Chan, Chan's protecting me..."


Author's Note: Hey guys! It's been awhile~ hue...Anyways i like kinda messed up on the ages but please bear with me lol later on im going to make Chan 15 even if Younghee is 17 haha...yea so I've finally updated and its pretty long then usual haha I hope you guys enjoyed it and I hope it's not confusing! Also thanks to my wonderful subscribers I have got! Thanks so much!~ :) Please do tell me, for my horrible writing, for anything I need to work on!!~ Thanks hehe :P

P.s. next chapter is going to be about Seventeen finally! lol That's the only hint...