The Beginning

Beauty of the Deaf

Couple years later...

            Younghee had grown older and is now 17. She still gets abused but fights back with all her might. Her younger brother, Chan, is now 16 and still does not know about the abuses his father causes to Younghee. Those couple of years Younghee had made excuses about her injuries and Chan believed her. Also they both had grown close and protected each other. Chan also practiced sign langauge just for Younghee. She had taught herself and learned from a teacher in elementary. The two teenagers now go to Pledis High School. Even though Younghee's parents ahted her guts, she still needed to go to school. Both their parents work over time now, and are pushing Chan to become their succesor in the family and run the company, even if he's just 16. 

 

              The morning arrived and Younghee had woken up. 'Time for school' It was the first day of school and Chan was finally in high school. Surprisingly though, Chan had made quite the friends in middle school. Younghee was always by herself but she was happy he had friends and enjoy school. Younghee got up and started her normal routine. She put on her school uniform and looked at the mirror. 'How should I do my hair?' She thought. Younghee finally deciced to just leave it down as it is. She carefully got out her bedroom and went to Chan's room to wake him up.

             Younghee slowly opened the door and walked in. Chan was sleeping peacefully but his body was all over the place. She shook her head at the mess in front of her and chuckled. She walked up to Chan's bed and started to shake him. He didn't budge. Younghee slapped him on the face and pulled his hair. He still didn't budge. Younghee puffed her cheeks feeling defeated but she had an idea. Water. She smiled playfully and went to go grab a cup of water.

             She came back with a cup of cold water and looked at the clock to see how much time there was. '40 minutes. Alright.' She went up to Chan and splat water with her fingers in Chan's face. He moved a bit but was still asleep. She had no other choice and poured the whole cup on him. Chan immediately woke up and took a huge breath. Younghee was laughing on the floor while looking at Chan. He looked at her and smiled a bit but started to sign to her and speak at the same time, "Why'd you do that?" pouting like a puppy. Younghee wiped her imaginary tear ans signed back, "Sorry Channie. You need to wake up. It's high school now! I'll make breakfast so hurry!" Chan's eyes popped out. He totally forgot it was his first day and got up quickly but failed miserably and tripped, face first, to the floor. Younghee laughed and walked out the room to go make breakfast.

             Younghee was releived that her parents go to work at 5 in the morning or else. She entered the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. There was nothing in there. Younghee sighed and decided to just eat some ceral. At least they have milk not over dued. She grabbed a bowl and saw Chan walking down the hallway with his uniform on. 'Wow he's getting older...' Younghee thought and smiled at him. Chan looked at her with a 'are you serious' expression and signed, "Ceral again?" Younghee just nodded and poured milk into the bowl. They both had  ceral for dinner and breakfast for the past week since their parents were working over time and woke up to early and left to work. They ate their ceral in silence.

              It was 7:35 and they both had left the house and walked towards the direction of the school. Chan was busy texting his friends and Younghee was just chuckling to her self seeing Chan's different reactions to the text message. She slowly lost interest and looked at her surroundings. She note on how beautiful it was with the green leaves slowly turning to a redish/orangeish color. After 20 mintues, they both arrived at the school. Once they entered the gates, Chan had said goodbye to Younghee and left to his friends, who were in there "Secret" spot, which was the garden. Younghee was left alone, and she walked to her first class. She usually gets stares from strangers and they snicker at her and make fun of her for no apparent reason. Maybe cause she was deaf? Was it her bruises? Younghee would shrink and try to hide herself but it never worked. They'd pick on her and try to be "deaf".

            Younghee stopped by her locker and grabbed her books for her classses. She closed her locker and head to her first class, History. She hated that close; it boreds her out. She was about to enter class when someone hit her face with a paperball. Younghee was used to it now. She was bullied since elementary school so it didn't really bother as much. The students laughed and started to throw more paperballs. Younghee just went to go sit down in her desk and ignored their stupid laughs and pointed fingers towards her.  Everybody went to their desk when the teacher entered, Mr. Lee. 'The bell hasn't rang yet..' Younghee looked at the clock, 'We still have 2 minutes. I guess he's just early today' She opened her backpack grabbed her notebook and pencil, ready for class. 

           The bell finally rang and came in running were two tall boys and a short guy; like very short. Class already started but Mr. Lee didn't bother marking them late since it was just the first day but he just scold them. They apolodized and sat down. There was an empty desk next to Younghee and surprisingly, the very short boy sat next her. Next to the very short boy was the two tall boys with handsome faces. Everybody followed each of their movements and gasped. They couldn't believe the hot boys sat next to the mute girl. Some whispered and some were jealous. Younghee already had enough trouble but she couldn't do anything. 

          History felt so long for Younghee. She just always looked out the window and copied the notes. It being deaf because you have to understand the lesson by yourself. Younghee sighed and just looked at the clear blue sky she enjoyed. Younghee was lost in her mind, not till someone nudged her arm. She turned her head to see a very cute and squishy boy with a straight face. 'Wow he's very scary with a cute face.' Younghee looked at him. The boy spoke, "Do you have a pen? Mines ran out." Younghee was so glad she can kind of read lips and nodded. She reached done and pulled out a blue pen with bear patterns on it. The pen was given by Chan, and was her only good pen and it was very important to her. The tiny boy scrunched his nose from seeing the pen and took it out her hand, mumbling a "Thank you" and returnted taking notes. She caught his thank you and smiled at his cuteness and went back at looking out the window.

         Finally her first class was over and the students had a 15 minute break before the math teacher, Mrs. Oh, comes.  Younghee put her history book away and brought out her math book. Younghee sighed and looked over to her right to see the tiny student laughing and talking to the two handsome boys. 'Well he's not that scary, At least he knows how to laugh and smile.' Younghee giggled to herself and looked out the window again, enjoying the view. Not till someone came up to her, interrupting her thoughts. She looked up to see one of the tall handsome dudes in front of her. He had a soft smile plastered on his face. Younghee was a bit scared but was shocked to see someone not actually laugh at her and making fun of her being deaf. She saw his hand extend and he looked her and said, "Hi my name is Won..." That's all she got from reading his lips. Someone had called his name she thought, when he turned around and looked across the room. He was looking at the other tall handsome boy. 'Won, i guess that's his name' she thought. Won turned to her and waved a bye and walked the direction to the other tall handsome boy.

            Wonwoo was just curious on why the girl next to Jihoon was so quiet. He took notice of her when Jihoon asked for a pen. She was very concentrated on Jihoon's lips. 'Maybe she wants to kiss him?' That was his first that thought popped up and he kept with it. He watched with carefully eyes and saw that the girl was giving a pen to Jihoon. 'A bear pen? Totally making fun of Jihoon later' Wonwoo thought and went back to looking at the scene beside him. Jihoon went back to his work and the girl was looking out the window. "She didn't say You're welcome." he whispered. "What dude?" The student next to him was confused and looked at Wonwoo. "Nothing." He replied. The student shrugged his shoulders and went back to taking notes, so did Wonwoo. 

             During the break, Wonwoo had the nerves to go up to the 'quiet' girl and introduced himself. Since he knows that the girl wants to kiss Jihoon, might as well become friends now. He was left alone when his tall friend went to go talk to some other students in the front class. Jihoon was sleeping, so he took the chance took his chance to go introduce himself to the girl. 'I mean she's pretty just some purple on her cheek.' He thought, not bothering to use his brain that the girl was slapped or let's say he doesn't pay attention to the rumors at all. The girl was looking at out the window again and Wonwoo had interrupted her thoughts. Wonwoo was standing in front of her and she looked up at him. "Hi my name is Won..." He didn't get to finish since his tall friend had to call him. 'Now she probably thinks i'm named after money.' He thought frustrated and head to his tall dorky friend.

This is just the beginning of Younghee's school life...


Author's Note :

And finished! lol Anyways guys thanks for subcribing! I got 17 subs! Get it? no...ok So I hope you guys are enjoying my story. Sorry i'm horrible at writing. I'm not great at all. Just some random idea i had and scribbled down for you guys. Also remember the age thing, yea i know, is off so i hope you guys don't mind please. And there's something that'll probably surprise you but it's a secret. *DUN DUN DUN* lol but it'll be later in the story. Just gving you a heads up!~ kk bye bye!~