ten

back to you

Marcus!” Ami screeches as the entire room explodes into a cacophony of noise.

 

    “How could you?!” Lina roars, jerking her head around to Jungkook. Tears are cascading down her cheeks. “You murderer!”

 

Yoongi places a hand on her shoulder, pulling her back as she tries to lunge at Jungkook. However, there is a distant, unreadable look in his eyes as he gazes at Jungkook.

 

What did Jungkook do? What did he do? Yoongi looks at his friend and realizes that no, he really does not know him as well as he thought he did, he does not know the boy standing in front of him, a smoking gun in his hand and an utterly blank look in his eyes. He totally misread Jungkook. How- how in the world- Ami was- it makes no sense.

 

Yoongi turns and looks at his other friends. They are staring at Jungkook with horrified expressions that reflect his own feelings... except for Taehyung.

 

Taehyung is staring down at Marcus’ dead body like there is nothing else in the world, like he is seeing for the first time the sight of murder and violence that he should be so accustomed to. Yoongi stiffens. He knows the strange, glazed look coming over Taehyun'gs eyes right now all too well.

 

“You twisted, sick bastard!” Ami shrieks, writhing against Jungkook’s grip. “I hate you! I hate you! How could you-,”

 

    “Well done, Jungkook.” Harris claps him on the back. “Now, who’s next? I want Hwang to watch all her friends die in front of her.” His scrutiny turns to Yoongi. “I want to see the Seven Stars’ heir go next. Yoongi, it’s your turn.”

 

Lina freezes underneath him.

 

Yoongi blanches. Panic rises in his chest and all thoughts of maintaining his cool facade disappear as he stammers, “Wh-what?”

 

And then suddenly, the image of Preet cocking his finger gun and pretending to shoot Lina on that snowy winter day flashes through his mind, and then loops again and again and again, and all Yoongi can see is Lina’s body collapsing into the snow, a silly grin on her face, and Yoongi thinks, no, no, take me, take anyone else, I can’t do this, I can’t, I take back everything I ever resigned myself to regarding her fate, she can’t die here, and Yoongi does not even know why he said that he loved her, no, he loves her. That statement will never be in the past tense and Yoongi will never, ever love someone as much as he loves Lina and he has stopped denying it and he has accepted it.

 

He loves Lina.

 

“No, please!” Annabelle cries, interrupting him. “Take me instead, please, don’t hurt Lina or anyone else-,”

 

“Anna, no!” Lina shouts, moving against Yoongi’s grip. “You can’t do that-,”

 

    “You really are a monster,” Chanyeol spits furiously at Jungkook, his fists clenched. “Killing your own ing classmate- what the hell is wrong with you-,”

 

    “Just kill me, Harris.” Ami whispers. “They didn’t do anything-,”

 

    “Shut up, Ami!” Preet hollers. “They’ll kill you over my dead body.”

 

    Harris’ eyebrows shoot up. “Dead body, huh? Yoongi, eliminate him.”

 

    Yoongi is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Admiration is flowing through his veins at the sight of Lina and her friends standing up for each other- they really do possess an undying loyalty for each other, he thinks. His Adam’s apple is bobbing up and down. “I- well-,”

 

    “Hurry up!” Harris barks, and Ami screams, “Yoongi, shoot me instead,” and Lina is crying, her body shaking against Yoongi’s, and remorse fills his chest and he unconsiously drops his gun and Marge is shouting something and Chanyeol is trying to struggle against his captors and-

 

The room goes dark.

 

    Yoongi’s prayers have been answered.

 


 

    When the lights come back on, the room has burst into utter chaos.

 

More than a dozen men, clad in black suits and facemasks, are stabbing, kicking, shooting, and kicking the 4 Flames agents, whirling around from corner to corner, taking each of the Yohan men down. Yoongi immediately lets go of Lina and jumps into action; the men- who are presumably members of another gang- are more of a thread than Lina is. He whips out his gun and begins firing rounds at the men at a rapid rate.

 

He tries to mask the grin that is forming on his lips.

 

One of the mysterious men breaks off from the group and hoists Lina up by the arm. “It’s time to go,” I hear him mutter.

 

Lina’s eyes widen to the size of quarters. “Mingyu?”

 

    Ah, Yoongi thinks. Makes sense. He wonders how the Seven Stars even located Lina in the first place. Do they have a tracker in her or something?

 

    But his questions are answered when one of the floor-to-ceiling windows across the room shatters, expelling deadly fragments of glass everywhere. Preet yelps in pain as something else comes flying in and slams into him with a painful thud! A lithe man has literally swung onto Floor 21 through the window. He is carrying a thick black rope, which he throws out the window again.

 

    When Chanyeol sees him, a huge grin appears on his face.

 

    “Kyungsoo,” he says, and Yoongi realizes with a jolt that the Seven Stars and X.E.- the 4 Flames’ two biggest rival gangs- are working together. Whoa. He should have realized it when he saw Chanyeol Park hauled into the room with Ami Hwang, but honestly, the idea of them cooperating on something was so outlandish that he would have never believed it unless he saw it.

 

    Well, Yoongi is seeing it right now.

 

    “I’m here to save the day,” Kyungsoo announces. He narrows his eyes, however, as he looks around the room. “Who are these guys?”

 

    Oh.

 

    Well.

 

    It looks like they aren’t exactly aware of the fact that they are working together.

 

“Well, well, Kyungsoo Do,” Joshua Hong says in a smarmy voice as he punches one of the 4 Flames agents in the face. “I see your eye's looking a lot better.”

 

Kyungsoo glowers at him. “Joshua, you head. Don’t tell me-,”

 

    "What the hell?" Yoongi hears Hoseok shout to Jimin. "Are those the Seven Stars and X.E.? Are they ing working together? What the -,"

 

"Well, it seems that we have the same goal in mind,” Jihun Lee snickers. “Get Lina out of here.”

 

    “Lina and her friends,” Chanyeol corrects, rolling his eyes (and then wincing as Jin lands a deep scratch on his arm). “It’s not all about your little Seven Stars princess.”

 

    “Stop being such a douche, Chanyeol,” Lina calls as she pulls Annabelle out of the way of a gun’s range. “What are we supposed to do now?”

 

    “Come with me.” Kyungsoo yanks the nearest person- Marge- to the window. After pulling another rope out of his knapsack, he ties Marge to the thick black rope outside by the belt loops of her jeans. “Okay, I need you to climb down the rope to the floor.”

 

    When Yoongi hears this, his eyebrows pop up in surprise. So Kyungsoo’s going with that kind of escape route. It is clear that the others are absolutely stunned by this statement: he hears Marge squawk with disbelief and Annabelle gasp dramatically.

 

    Just leave quickly, he thinks, swinging a punch at Jeonghan Yoon.

 

    Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he sees one of Harris’ men holding Lina against the wall, his forearm against her neck. She is desperately sputtering for breath as he mutters something to her. A knife flashes in his hands and he raises his arms, ready to strike-

 

    And suddenly, someone knocks the agent over from the back. Lina is suddenly knocked to the floor. She clutches at her neck, dry heaving, as she looks up to see who has unwittingly saved her-

 

Yoongi looks down at her, an unreadable expression on his face.

 

    Get the hell out of here now,” he mutters.

 

    And then without a word, he slides a knife in her hands and springs up. He acts as if he is trying to capture her, but the movement of his arms are a little too sloppy, his legs are moving too slowly. One may have even said that he was deliberately doing this in order to block Lina off from potential attackers, allowing her to scramble upward and race to the window as quickly as she could. Yoongi immediately jumps to another Seven Stars agent and engages him in a fight, acting as if nothing has happened.

 

    But a deep feeling of finality is sinking through his insides.

 

    He looks to the window.

 

    Kyungsoo is tying rope around the straps of Lina’s jeans. He is shouting instructions to her and she is nodding rapidly. Finally, he gives her a terse nod. Go, Yoongi can see Kyungsoo tell Lina. Yoongi sees her take a deep, staggering breath.

 

    Right before she leaps out the window, her eyes dart back to Yoongi.

 

    They share a long, long look.

 

    Years pass between them.

 

    And then Lina mouths, Thank you.

 

    Yoongi swallows.

 

    He whispers, Love you.

 

Her eyes widen. She simply stares at him for a moment, stunned.

 

And then her face softens and Yoongi swears he can see tears forming in her eyes from all the way across the room and she says, Love you, too.

 

She jumps.

 


A/N: YALL i got an instagram!!! hit me up at @ruebiie hahahah