nine

back to you

Blink.

 

    A hazy light begins to seep into Lina’s vision.

 

    Blink.

 

    She woozily stirs, her surroundings beginning to sharpen into focus.

 

    Blink.

 

    Lina gradually gains a grip on where she is.

 

    .

 

    She is lying face up, looking straight up at the modern pendant lights suspended from the ceiling. The room she is in looks sleek and modern, yet somehow cozy and warm at the same time. It would be a beautiful room.

 

    If it was not filled with 4 Flames members, armed with enormous guns and dangerous expressions.

 

    Out of the corner of her eye, Lina can see Preet, Annabelle, and Marcus being held up against the wall by Jimin, Jin, and Taehyung, along with a scowling blonde woman sporting a black eye and purplish bruises. An entire cluster of guards is standing around her.

 

    So they haven’t killed them yet. Okay. Lina subtly apprehends the room, searching for any possible entrances, exits, items she can use- anything that can work to her advantage. No one seems to be paying attention to her. Perhaps if she can cause some kind of diversion, it could-    

 

    “Don’t try anything cute,” a familiarly cold voice says behind her. Lina freezes. Slowly, she turns and looks up. Yoongi stands behind her, his arms crossed. There is a cold, forbidding look on his face as he stares down at her, his eyes devoid of everything but pure contempt.

 

    Lina’s stomach drops.

 

    , she thinks, clenching her fists in anger. , , ! this! I’m not going to let these bastards just keep us here! I have to save us. I have to get us out of this situation. Come on, Lina. Think. Think. Do something.

 

    Her eyes dart around. Annabelle makes eye contact with her. Lina sends her a look, willing her to understand.

 

    When I say go.

 

    Lina’s eyes dart between Preet and Marcus. When Marcus sees her, he appraises her expression for a few moments and then blinks in understanding. He then stares at Preet until he turns to him, and subtly flicks his eyes to Lina.

 

    Lina closes her eyes. Takes a deep breath.

 

    Start a commotion. Get to the exit.

 

    She does not see Marge on the other side of the room observe the exchange between the four teenagers, a growing feeling of desperation growing in her chest.

 

    Marge knows what they are doing.

 

    She knows that their efforts will be futile.

 

    But there is no way for her to communicate that to them.

 

    And then Lina yells, “Now!” and the four of them jerk away from their captors and beeline towards the elevator, sprinting as fast as they can. They have moven so quickly and unexpectedly that the 4 Flames agents are caught off guard for a moment, and Marcus has almost reached the panel, his hand reaching towards the “down” button-

 

    Until Taehyung slams Marcus against the wall and kicks him in the shin, sending him toppling to the ground.

 

    Lina whirls around, facing the rapidly closing in agents with clenched fists. “Get him and run!” she shrieks to Preet and Annabelle, gesturing towards Marcus. Namjoon moves to grab her and she swings her arm at him, attempting to punch him in the face. Instead, he grabs her hand and twists her wrist sharply to the right, causing her to gasp in pain. She tries to force herself to pull herself together and fight them all, protect her friends- she was supposed to be able to get them out of any situation, get away with whatever they wanted, lead them to success- but she can’t, and out of the corner of her eye, she sees the members of BTS grab her friends and restrain them.

 

Someone yanks her up harshly and drives a cold metal object into her back. Lina’s head turns the slightest and her lip curls; Yoongi is glaring down at her, clenching her arm so tightly she is sure his fingers will leave marks on her skin.

 

    “I told you not to try anything cute,” Yoongi snarls, digging the gun further into her. “It won’t work. We have you.”

 

    We have you?” Lina lets out a bark of laughter. “You sound like a ing superhero movie villain. So freaking cheesy.”

 

    Her sassy retort causes Yoongi’s glower to darken. He jerks Lina closer to him and twists her arm behind her back and she has to struggle to stifle a yelp.

    “You’re going to be dead by midnight,” he whispers in a chilling voice. “So I think making those kinds of remarks are pointless. Right, Lina?”

 

Shudders run down Lina’s spine. She feels physically sick at Yoongi’s words; her stomach starts churning and she feels queasy and sick. She vaguely wonders how he is able to tell her this when not 2 weeks ago he was cradling her in his arms, his lips resting on her collarbone.

 

Yoongi is numb.

 

Absolutely numb.

 

He is not Min Yoongi, the star point guard on the Brookhaven Lions basketball team, the attractive guy with a new girlfriend every month, the cool prep who is one of the most popular people in school. He is Min Yoongi, member of BTS, a trained fighter and assassin. He has spilled blood. He has shot countless men and women, stabbed too many people to count. He has ruined hundreds of lives.

 

He does not think he will ever be able to be that Yoongi again after this.

 

Suddenly, the side door that leads to the stairwell slams open. Ami is pushed into the room, her wrists bound by Harris himself. An entire legion of guards surrounds the next figure who is dragged in: Park Chanyeol. There is a murderous look on his face as he appraises his surroundings, his eyes widening especially when he sees Marge’s battered state.

 

Yoongi throws Ami a nasty, vindictive smirk when he sees her. She looks absolutely shell shocked. Her expression is weary, dazed, as if she is absolutely overwhelmed by the events that she has witnessed.

 

“Come to join the party?” a 4 Flames member laughs viciously.

 

Harris shoves Ami at Jungkook and he immediately locks his arm around her waist and holds a knife to . Chanyeol suddenly jerks backwards, as if he is planning on moving towards the stairwell door. But he is immediately wrestled down by several 4 Flames agents.

 

Yoongi is the only member of BTS who looks like he is enjoying these proceedings. While the other members of BTS look grim faced and tense, there is a cynical smirk curling Yoongi’s lips upward. But he is not even remotely amused by what is happening in front of him. Rather, his smile belies the sense of sardonic acceptance in his chest.

 

Tonight will be Yoongi’s destruction. He knows what is going to happen. The fate of Preet, the boy who he snapped at once in sophomore year World History for being “an obnoxious know-it-all”. Annabelle, the girl who once bought him lunch freshman year after she accidentally knocked over his tray- even when he said she didn’t need to. Marcus, who has been in 10 of his classes during his high school career and oddly serves as a kind of constant in his life, like the statue of a cowboy riding a horse in front of Brookhaven High, or the daily intercom announcements during 4th period.

 

And Lina.

 

The girl he loves.

 

Loved.

 

Loves.

 

Loved, Yoongi tells himself, gritting his teeth. Loved, dammit, loved.

 

He’s ed.

 

“Here you all are,” Harris drawls, crossing his arms. “Camille Rosenquist. The higher ups were reluctant to let you continue working for Yohan, due to your previous... conflict of interest. Nevertheless, the majority voted that you stay. Clearly a mistake.”

 

“Eat , Harris.” Marge snaps, and earns a blow to the face in return.

 

“Jimin.” Harris turns to the boy, who is staring ahead with a blank expression. “You’re the smartest one here, and had repeated contact with Hwang and her friends. How did you not catch what was going on? This goes for the rest of you.”

 

Jimin merely shakes his head. The other members of BTS simply stare at Harris with stony expressions.

 

“As your Trainer, I’m ashamed,” Harris continues. “Maybe we should put you 7 through Training again.”

 

    He pauses. “Unless you can prove that you don’t need it anymore.”

 

    Harris turns to Jungkook. There is an ominous look on his face. A sense of foreboding fills Yoongi.

 

    “Jungkook,” he says. “Eliminate the Johnson boy.”

 

    Everyone freezes.

 

Then Jungkook shakily raises his arm. His face is completely blank, but Yoongi can see how wide his eyes are, how desperately terrified they look. Jungkook aims his gun at Marcus, who is looking back at him, expressionless. Taehyung, who is holding Marcus, dazedly loosens his grip. He does not know what is going to happen. He does not know if Jungkook is really, actually going to kill Marcus Johnson.

 

And that is when Yoongi’s sneer drops.

 

    This is it. This is the beginning of the end. What had previously been mere knowledge of the fact that his classmates would be killed tonight has suddenly turned into a harsh reality. He can feel Lina trembling under his arms and holy he feels like he is about to throw up this because he did not think even Harris could be this cruel by forcing Jungkook to kill a boy his age that he knows, that he has gone to school with for 3 years, that is friends with the girl he loves.

 

    The girl he loves. Ami.

 

    Yoongi’s eyes snap to her. She is desperately whispering something to Jungkook, tears in her eyes.

 

“You don’t have to stay trapped in the 4 Flames forever. We can get out. Just don’t shoot Marcus, please. You can’t. You killed his brother, but you can’t- please- don’t kill him, please-,”

 

    And then Yoongi knows.

 

    Jungkook is not going to kill Marcus.

 

    He loves Ami too much for that. He would never, ever, ever do that to her; he treasures her above anyone else. Killing one of her best friends is out of the question.

 

    Yoongi feels absolutely relieved. Slowly, subtly, he releases a breath.

 

    Jungkook is not going to follow Harris’ orders. Which means Jungkook will be defying the 4 Flames.

 

    Which means that something is going to happen.

 

    And Yoongi needs to get ready to back him up.

 

    He stops digging his gun into Lina’s back, instead readying himself for whatever Jungkook is going to do.

 

    The tension in the air is so thick it could be cut with a knife.

 

    “Jungkook, please-,” Ami whispers-

 

    And then suddenly a shot rings through the air.

 

    The next moment, Marcus has slumped to the floor. Blood trickles from a wound in his head.

 

  Yoongi's jaw drops.

 


 

A/N: IVE HIGH KEY LOOKED SO GOOD THIS WHOLE WEEK LIKE MY CLOHTES & MAKEUP HAVE BEEN SO ON POINT.... but i think i need to buy like a darker shade of CC creamm tinted moisturizer LMAOOO my shade is too light and in some lighting my face kinda looks a little too light like its obvious im wearing makeup and