sixteen

back to you

Preet’s daughter is the flower girl, and Dino, unfortunately, being the youngest out of everyone, is forced to be the ring bearer- despite the fact that he is almost 20 years old. Hansol gets a real laugh out of that (especially since he was this close to becoming the ring bearer).

 

    Kyungsoo walks Ami down the aisle. Since Mr. Hwang ended up being present at the wedding, Kyungsoo said that he could do the honor, but Mr. Hwang simply chuckled and shook his head.

 

    “You’ve stood by Ami all these years,” he told Kyungsoo. “I’ve barely been present in her life. You deserve the honor.”

 

    And as Lina watches Jungkook’s stunned expression as he watches Ami slowly walk towards him, arm in arm with Kyungsoo, she becomes even happier that she managed to keep Jungkook out of Ami’s room. Otherwise she wouldn’t have been able to witness this face- oh my god, is Jungkook tearing up? Lina exchanges a small smile with Annabelle. , even she feels like she is going to tear up.

 

    Yoongi’s eyes are ping-ponging between Jungkook and Lina. He is trying to keep his attention on his friend, but Lina’s delighted expression- just how happy she looks- it draws his gaze like a moth to a flame. His feelings for her have hit him again in full force- god, how he loves her.

 

    Ami and Jungkook take their vows. There is not a dry eye in the house. Even Ami’s mother, the stone-cold leader of X.E., has to wipe her eyes at the sight.

 

    “Jungkook Jeon, do you take Ami Hwang as your wife, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?” the priest asks.

 

    And then by some strange magnetism- the pull that has drawn both of them to each other their entire lives- Yoongi’s eyes flit to Lina’s. They gaze at each other across the room, unreadable expressions on their faces.

 

    “I do,” Jungkook says, grinning from ear to ear.

 

    The priest turns to Ami. “And do you, Ami Hwang, take Jungkook Jeon as your husband, or worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

 

    Yoongi and Lina cannot look away from each. Everything- every single memory they have experienced, emotion they have felt, word they have spoken, touch they have shared- everything seems to crash down between them.

 

    “I do,” Ami whispers, her voice full of joy.

 

    “I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the priest says. “You may now kiss the bride.”

 

    And it is at that moment, when the entire crowd has erupted in cheers as Jungkook pulls Ami to him and rose petals are falling from the air and jubilant music begins to play, when Yoongi and Lina start walking toward each other, dazed looks on their faces, eyes only for each other. They meet in the middle of the hall, amidst the whirl of ecstatic celebration occurring.

 

    “Hey,” Lina says.

 

    “Hey,” Yoongi says.

 

    They stare at each other for a few moments.

 

    And then Yoongi sticks out his hand.

 

    “My name’s Yoongi Min,” he tells her. “It’s nice to meet you.”

 

 


 

The ring of an alarm echoes through the air, until an arm clumsily knocks the snooze button. Lina tiredly sits up. It is still dark outside. She only has an hour until she has to board her plane back to New York. Time to go.

 

She gives Yoongi one long, last, lingering look. Her lips press against his.

 

“Goodbye,” Lina murmurs, moving to stand up-

 

And then collapses back onto the bed.

 

Ow,” she hisses, pain shooting through her lower body. Goddammit. What the hell? She throws an aggrieved look at Yoongi’s sleeping body and tries to get up once more.

 

“Ow, ow, ow, ow,” she mutters, clutching herself.

 

“Lina?” a muffled voice says. Yoongi stares up at her sleepily, a confused look on his face. “What’s wrong?”

 

“You’re what’s wrong,” she huffs. “I can’t move, idiot.”

 

“What?” Suddenly, his bewildered expression is replaced by one of smug satisfaction. “Oh.

 

“Don’t oh me,” she snaps. “ you, Yoongi.”

 

His grin widens. He lunges across the bed and yanks her back to him. “Been there,” he responds in a singsongy voice.

 

“Stop!” she laughs, writhing around in his grip. “Ew, get off, !”

 

“Ooh, I have a solution. Just stay here until your soreness goes away.”

 

“I can’t do that,” Lina says softly. “I have to go back.”

 

Yoongi looks up into her eyes.

 

“You don’t have to,” he murmurs in a gentle voice.

 

“Yeah, I do.”

 

“You know I’m never letting you go, right? That means I’ll have to stow away in your bag. I wonder how your mom will take it when she sees us together.”

 

“Please. Everyone saw us last night. I’m pretty sure she already knows.” Lina rests her head on Yoongi’s chest. “That would be nice. You and me working together. You could teach me how to start liking working for a gangster.”

 

“Oh, please. You think I liked being a gangster?”

 

“True.” Lina pinches his cheeks. “You look a lot happier now.”

 

“Maybe it’s because I’m finally with the girl I’ve loved for 10 years.”

 

She blushes. “Oh, stop. You’re so cheesy.”

 

“Should I say it again, just to embarrass you?” Yoongi grins. “I love you, Lina Nguyen. I always have. I love love love you, my cute little s'mores cream puff-,”

 

S'mores cream puff? What the hell is that?

 

“Yo, they’re really good! If you stay, I’ll make them for you. I can cook now!”

 

Lina looks down at Yoongi Min. The man she has loved since they were 13 years old. The person who completely changed her life on multiple occasions. Who saved her and destroyed her. Who she has wanted to be with but never permitted herself to be.

 

Their relationship was tumultuous, volatile, dangerous, unhealthy. It wrecked both of them and left their ruins exposed for each other to see.

 

But now... Lina feels like she has a full sense of herself. She knows her limits and she knows what she can handle.

 

Lina has kept herself away from him for years.

 

She is mature enough to allow herself to be with him now.

 

“You know what?” Lina laces her fingers through Yoongi’s. “Sure.”

 

And she gives Yoongi that big, bright smile- the one he loved ever since he first saw her picture in that 4 Flames meeting room.

 

Yoongi wraps his arms around her and kisses her.

Everything is perfect.

 


A/N: aight I really liked writing this story :) lina and yoongi get their happy ending and so do ami and jungkook yaYEET. ive finished 2 stories in like 2 days gg rubi. now i will allow myself to work on the new gang fic i have been planning

hmu at my instagram @ruebiie for food noodz