D-0.5

Nice To Meet You

"How would you react if your sister set you up on a blind date? What would you do?"

 

"Of course I'd say no."

 

"As expected from the great Kwon Jiyong" Seunghoon wished he was as brutally honest as his hyung. 

 

"Hey! what do you mean as expected... Can you soak your hair a little bit" Jiyong said

 

"What I mean is, your sort of a heart breaker, " Seunghoon muttered while soaking his hair under the tap 

 

"You're one tough cookie hyung, your personality is so diverse. I don't even know if your a chocolate chip cookie or a raisin cookie or... Should I shampoo my hair?" Seunghoon let out a small chuckle. 

 

"YAH!! Of course I'm a chocolate chip cookie! No, it's fine." Jiyong began playing with the younger boys' hair. 

 

"Well, hyung, I mean, you could actually be the whole platter of cookies. Your personality sort of shifts depending on the person you encounter and the mood you're in. So, I guess your selective."

 

Jiyong thought that his younger brother has very mature input about a lot of things, which makes him appreciate Seunghoon's opinions. Jiyong has known Seunghoon since he moved in next door, he watched the kid grow up into a man. The older boy found Seunghoon to be the explorer of personalities, Seunghoon knew - too well - how to read expressions and how to feel the atmosphere. This gave the younger boy the ability to shift his own personality just to complement the others. Seunghoon gains the upper hand in making friends and making other's comfortable around him beacuse of this skill, and anyone who meets Seunghoon instantly have an affinity for him. Jiyong hates to admit it but Seunghoon made him - the Great and cold hearted Kwon Jiyong - into a softy. 

 

Jiyong parted the younger boy's hair, then started combing each side. "If I choose to please people, I will please those who deserve it. I can not go around being nice to those who have nothing to offer me. Unless they have something I desire in return, I don't see the point on wasting my time and effort. If I don't do this I become a poor judge of character and quality. And this does often influence my ethic of work."

 

Through Jiyong, the young one learns and grows with better judgment, Ji has a great influence on the kid. When Seunghoon needed guidance, he seeked for Jiyongs opinion, the older boy had a way of knowing what was best for Seunghoons sake. Jiyong was honest and he never hesitated to put his thoughts out there, even hurtful words, but Seunghoon viewed them as constructive criticism and trusted the older boy. 

 

 

Jiyong began snipping at Seunghoons dark brown locks, the boy with the scissor made precise cuts, he truly was a master of hair. Kwon Jiyong is truly a man of many talents. 

 

"I guess I'm on your good side, huh. You're even cutting my hair for free"

 

"Well, of course. You're family." 

 

Seunghoon found comfort in talking with his hyung, it was easy for the younger male to talk to him, most of their conversations revolved around things he couldn't talk about with Chaerin and his parents. That made Seunghoon cherish his conversations with Jiyong more, with Jiyong he felt assurance and at ease. Lee Seunghoon truly considered Kwon Jiyong as a real older brother, as family

 

"Then I guess you won't mind if I borrow your car tomorrow.. since we are family"

 

"You do realise I'm holding scissors" Jiyong said in a threatening tone, while looking at Seunghoon square in the eyes through the mirror. 

 

"Yah! Hyung!"

 

"I'm just kidding" Seunghoon lets out a nervous laugh. 

 

Jiyong laughed too,

 

"I can't anyway, your sister would kill me."

 

There are three things Jiyong is scared of in this world: failure, oblivion and Lee. Chae. Rin. "Do you remember the last time I let you use my motorcycle, and the mighty Chae found out. Chaerin almost fractured my ears from all the nagging she gave me."

 

Jiyong let out a heavy sigh, he will never make that same mistake ever again. "That sister of yours is beligerent"

 

"And does that even make sense! YOU WEREN'T EVEN HURT AND SHE ATTACKED ME! Who does that!" Jiyong exclaimed. 

 

Seunghoon just laughed and laughed at his hyung's story. "Sorry, hyung, hehehe"

 

"It's okay, you are forgiven. But Chaerin, never.

 

I'm almost done cutting your hair, but you haven't told me a single thing about your date." 

 

Seunghoon explained all he knew about his date to Jiyong, "let's see.. its a brunch.. at 11... in the morning! Can you believe it? that's so early"

 

Jiyong wanted to slap the younger on the head, in a sarcastic voice he said "Oh, my goodness! 11.. in the morning?! what madness!" Jiyong just rolled his eyes at Seunghoons' explanation and said "did you expect brunch during the night"

 

The older man was done with Seunghoon's haircut, the last thing he had to do was to give Seunghoon's damp hair a blowdry. Jiyong taught him how to blowdry his hair, "start the comb from the crown of your head, comb it to the front then to the side, like this.. while using high heat air". Once Seunghoon's hair was dry, Ji gave him tips on how to style his new hair. He gave Seunghoon some hair gel, and advised him on how to use it, "don't use too much, a little goes a long way".

 

Once the two had finished Jiyong asked Seunghoon what he thought about his transformation. "I look so clean.. you did a good job, hyung". 

 

"That's what Chaerin wanted, a nice, clean, presentable Seunghoon for her precious Sooyoung." Seunghoon muttered to himself

 

"So, she's Sooyoung," Jiyong teased, Seunghoon simply nodded

 

"She sounds like a nice girl"

 

Even Jiyong thinks she sounds like a nice person, Seunghoon thought it won't be too bad.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

A while longer till the main attraction, 

stay tuned.

 

Credit: namdiva - rebloggy.com (Chapter Image)