D-DAY

Nice To Meet You

Seunghoon woke up at the sound of birds chirping outside his window, the sun hasn't risen yet the boy had already opened his eyes. Waking up at this time was unussual for Seunghoon, he found it peculiar how his body is reacting this way. It was mid November, summer was on its way. Seunghoon laid in bed trying to think, but the only thing that filled his mind was of his date. The date was the last and first thing in his mind, it was becoming very frustrating for Seunghoon, frustrating because he was in a rush to see Park Sooyoung. The flowers in their garden had already bloomed, the beautiful colours hamonising with the warm atmosphere. Park Sooyoung, a girl he has yet to meet, lights something inside of the timid Lee Seunghoon. 

 

All the thinking and imagining about his date with Park Sooyoung had made Seunghoon more drawn towards her, the boys imaginations had ran wild. His emotions have become ambivalent. And he's become fascinated by the possible outcomes. The initial response towards the set-up his older sister had arranged was resistance and unwillingness, somehow overnight his thoughts changed, he thought it would become an interesting experience. 

 

Maybe it was time to fall in love again.

 

Seunghoon finally got out of bed, he let out a little yawn, and stretched his stiff body. 

 

He went to the bathroom, took off all the articles on clothing on his body, he then the shower and waited for the water to turn warm. While waiting he looked at himself in the mirror, making faces at himself and flexing his arms to show the little muscles he had, he tried this in various different poses. I should really start working on my body, he thought to himself. Seunghoon had connected the bluetooth from his phone to the speaker, he turned the volume up enough but careful not to wake the others in the house. 

 

His shower playlist consisted of lively songs, Seunghoon liked music that he could dance to. Taeyang's solo song, Ringa Linga, began to play and the boy who had learnt the dance during his freetime started to sway along with the beat. 

 

Finally, the water had gotten to the right temperature and Seunghoon hopped in the shower. 

 

The warm water quickly enveloped his body. The boy slowly closed his eyes and like the rush of waves, thoughts of his date and the girl took over his mind once again. What does she look like, he thought, damn I should've looked her up on facebook. 

 

Hey, Seunghoon here.

 

Hi, I'm Lee Seunghoon.

 

Hello, my name is Lee Seunghoon. 

 

Sup. I'm Seunghoon.

 

"Uuggghhh!!!" He became frustrated, he ruffled his hair "Calm down Seunghoon, calm down". He leaned his arm on the wall, he imagined a girl, maybe Sooyoung, in front of him "Hi, my name is Lee Seunghoon. It's nice to meet you." he altered the sound of his voice to be deeper, which he thought was y. No, no, definitely not. Too y. "Hello, my name is Seunghoon" he said in a chippy voice, too lively and excited, "Hey, I'm Seunghoon." he said in his normal voice, yeah, yeah, this could work he nodded to himself. 

 

He turned the shower off, wrapped a towel around his waste and placed another around his neck. He  proceeded towards the sink to brush his teeth. 

 

While the foam of the paste was frothing around his lips, he made different faces on the mirror. He raised his eyebrows and lowered them, he scrunched up his nose, then he flared his nostrils, he tried multiple types of winks, he made kissy faces at himself, and he batted his lashes. He realised what he was doing was unlike him and embarrassing, he laughed at himself inwardly. He rinsed his mouth and proceeded to flossing his teeth, then he used a mouth wash for extra fresh breath. 

 

Seunghoon came out of his bathroom feeling refreshed and polished. He was drying his wet hair with the towel as he walked towards his drawers. Seunghoon always chose his underwear by his emotions, lately he'd been using black or blue underwear, but today he was feeling optimistic and eager so he chose the colour pink. Seunghoon slipped on his underwear, he was feeling very sure about his choice. Seunghoon knew his underwear, he was an expert. 

 

He was walking towards his closset when he remembered the clothes that Chaerin had bought for him, the bag of his new clothes were lying at the foot of his bed. He was thankful towards Chaerin for preparing his attire for the date, he often worries of what he would wear when he goes out, now he doesn't have to. He picked it up and peeked inside it, Chaerin had chosen for him a white collared shirt and a pair of formal jeans. 

 

"Oh, so you like the colour blue" Seunghoon fell into the habit of talking to himself at a young age, he often tries not to because he thinks its quite weird but sometimes he can't help it. 

 

The boy had been imagining his conversations with Sooyoung, which he had been compulsively playing in his head. He thought about the first thing he would say to her once they meet, he imagined and prepared topic sentences for when things became too quiet, he readied some quirky lines that he thought would be funny to add. He thought he was ready, conversation wise that is. 

 

"I can't believe you like the colour blue!" he said while slipping on the white shirt, 

 

"I'm more of a green type of man" he slipped on his jeans, and walked towards the mirror to fix his hair. He remembered to blowdry his hair the way Jiyong had told him, he remembered to use only a little bit of hair product and voila, almost perfection.  

 

Seunghoon was ready, but there was a long time to go until the start of the date. Should I look her up on facebook? Seunghoon thought approaching the tableside where his laptop was. No, no, let's leave some for the imagination. Seunghoon hesitates, but there are also positives to checking, like what if she's a mass murder. He nodded to himself. But Chaerin would never set us up with someone like that. He hesitated once again. What if we flip a coin, heads we won't, tails we will. Seunghoon grabbed a coin from his secret stash inside his drawers. He prayed for the coin to flip to its tails, he flicked the coin, caught it in his hands and quickly transfered it on the top of his other hand. Slowly, he peeked in, and in an instance he was dancing happily. 

 

The coin showed up on its tail, Seunghoon was elated. He quickly sat on the chair, typed in his log-in and on the search bar typed in 'Park Soo Young'. Seunghoon's mind became blank. Why hadn't he realised. The search bar had suggested many Park Sooyoungs, it was a waste that Seunghoon only knew her name. 

 

Seunghoon exited his facebook and sat on the small couch in his room, the boy wished the time would run faster. 

 

He the tv to watch some Netflix to kill some time. 

 

Every once in a while he would glance at the clock to check the time. Ever so often he would check his phone to check the time. 

 

When Seunghoon was finally at peace while watching an entense episode of Game of Thrones, Chaerin was nagging outside his door about being late. He flicked his head to the direction of the clock, it was nine-thirty. He quickly got to his feet and opened the door to see Chaerin with her feet up, ready to kick his door open. 

 

Chaerin was shocked to see his brother all ready, "wait a second", she said and ran back to her room on the other side of the hallway. 

 

He waited a few minutes for his sister to come back out of her room, when she comes back out she had been holding a box and few other things in her hand. 

 

"I recently read on an article that women like men who smell good." she said carefully opening the box of mens perfume. 

 

"I was going to give this to dad for his birthday next month, but desperate times call for desperate measures."

 

"Noona, I'm not desperate." he lied, truthfully he was. 

 

"Maybe not, but I am."  

 

Chaerin sprays Seunghoon on the wrist, behind the ears and on the neck. "Yah! aren't you spraying too much." Chuckling at how desperate his sister was.

 

"Just stay still." 

 

She hands the perfume for Seunghoon to hold "You keep it, but this," Chaerin said while holding up a silver watch, "is a very expensive watch, which I stole from your Jiyong hyung." Seunghoon gave his sister a questioning look. "HE WAS BEING MEAN, OKAY."

 

The older girl puts the watch around her brothers wrist "I don't care if you lose it.", she said in a vengeful voice.

 

Seunghoon glances at the watch on his wrist, he still has a lot of time. "Okay, is that all?" 

 

Chaerin took a step back to look at his brother up and down, and she remembered.. "Ah!" she grabs her card from inside her pocket and hands it to Seunghoon "Go crazy," she said. Seunghoon accepts her card with a big smile. Oh, I will. the younger boy thought to himself. 

 

"Stop by Hayi's shop and get some flowers for Sooyoung, get her Orchids." 

 

"Take my car." She hands him the keys to her car. 

 

"Be careful driving on the way." Chaerin was pushing him out the door. 

 

Seunghoon was already sitting in the car when he remembered he forgot his phone on the couch, he quickly got out of the car and ran to his room and grabbed his phone. 

 

He got back on the car and remembered he didn't know where he was meeting his date, he quickly texted Chae and started driving 

 

He dropped by at Hayi's flower shop, Hayi was Chaerin and Seunghoon's favourite cousin. Seunghoon quickly greeted the younger girl, "Hayi, can you wrap me some orchid flowers please". 

 

"What are they for, oppa?" the short girl asked.

 

"For my date." the older boy had responed.

 

Hayi's eyes bulged, "You have a date?", the girl began pruning pink and white orchids and grabbed multiple white roses as well. 

 

Seunghoon was a bit disappointed by his younger cousin's reaction about the dare, "Why do you look so shocked?".

 

"Because you have a date, that's why." the girl said laughing.

 

The girl quickly bunched the flowers together into a pretty round shape and wrapped it in a light blue paper. She handed the beautiful bouquet of flowers to Seunghoon and he quickly bid his fairwell.

 

"Good luck, oppa." the girl said waving to the alder boy. 

 

Seunghoon drove to the meeting location, it was a quaint cafe. 

 

He sat down at the table and waited. Seunghoon felt his heart beat fast, time had become a very weird concept for him today. There were moments when it seemed to have slowed down and he was feeling in a rush, and now he felt he needed more time but it was running too fast. 

 

Every time someone came into the cafe he would quickly turn his attention to the door, not knowing what she looked like really . 

 

After a few minutes of sitting down Seunghoon texted Chaerin if she could tell him what she looked like, she replied "You'll know when you see her."

 

Seunghoon was so busy on his phone he didn't realise a girl was standing beside their table, 

 

"Are you Lee Seunghoon?"