Trial and Error

Nice To Meet You

In no sense would anyone want to end their date with a handshake. And there is no way Seunghoon would forget it.

 

They say there are possibilities of infinite alternative universes, Seunghoon wished that in all of those universes he gave Sooyoung something a little bit out of the ordinary. Because in this universe the date was the blackhole of all dates. 

 

As the girl said good-bye and lifted her hand to give the boy a lasting handshake, Seunghoon wanted to say 'I'd like to see you again' and never let go of her hand. Why did he let go? Why didn't he tell her?

 

Guilt and regret rummaged throughout Seunghoon. If Seunghoon could rewind time he would go back to when she first said hello, everything would've been different, maybe even better. 

 

If he could turn back time he would have looked into her eyes and he would've smiled more and made more funny jokes just to make her laugh. To make everything better he would tell her that his favourite colour is green and that he is more of a dog person than a cat person and that he's a capricorn and that he likes his eggs sunny side up. And he would ask her questions that mattered, ask her about her day and what she liked and which Hogwarts house she belonged in (Seunghoon was a Gryffindor at heart). And after the date he would have offered her a ride home, he would've opened the door for her and when they were about to say their good-bye he would imagine Sooyoung giving him a little peck on the cheek and she would whisper in his ear that she had a very good time. And she would go inside her house and Seunghoon would do a little victory dance. 

 

It was cliché of him to think that. 

 

Because he knew for a fact that happy endings don't always turn out the way you want it to end. 

 

But there he was sitting in his car in the parking lot, contemplating to whether he should let it go and just go home and forget about it or not. 

 

Oh, Park Sooyoung. He thought. 

 

He got out of the car. He didn't know what he was going to do, but his legs did all the work. 

 

He ran as quickly as he could, hoping that the girl would still be where he left her. 

 

The boy hoped that the girl was there waiting for him to comeback. What a strange boy he was to always hope for things so unorthodox. Of course she wouldn't come back and wait for him, after all he was stranger to her. And when he got to the front of the cafe where she and he shook hands awkwardly, it became clear that the girl was in fact not waiting for him. 

 

The boy frantically searched for the girl. He ran to the other direction to where he was sure she went. 

 

A few blocks away he saw her sitting on the seat, waiting for the bus. 

 

From where he stood he could tell that she was a bit sad, Seunghoon knew that it was partly, if not completely his fault. 

 

He stood on his spot frozen. His legs had carried him so far and quickly to find her, now she was a few blocks away. But he has lost his mind and he doesn't know why he had gone this far without a plan. Now that he was there what would he tell her. 

 

Seunghoon notices a bus approaching on his peripheral vision, the boy had to think fast. He ran towards Sooyoung and the approaching bus. As Sooyoung was about to get in the bus Seunghoon had grabbed her arm (very carefully grabbed her arm) to stop her from going in any further. 

 

Sooyoung was quite shocked at Seunghoon's sudden appearance out of nowhere. "Seunghoon, what are you doing?" 

 

The driver of the bus gave Sooyoung an are-you-getting-in-or-not look, Sooyoung stepped out from the bus and gave the bus driver an apologetic nod. The doors of the bus closed, yet Seunghoon was still holding onto Sooyoungs arm. For the first time since they met the two were looking at eachother in the eyes, not in a competetive or awkward way, they looked at eachother like they looked at the stars in the sky during quiet nights - with interest and curiousity. The bus drove off and the roaring sound of its engines lingered a little bit longer than they had expected. 

 

The boy let go of the girl's arm, he had let go of her arm yet Sooyoung could still feel his skin against hers. "Seunghoon you.."

 

"My favourite movie is Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. My favourite day of the week is friday because it always seems like something exciting will happen. I hate summer and I love winter. I am most confident about my collarbones and.." Sooyoung was very much confused and Seunghoon was now very much aware of the thundering beat of his heart, ".. I'm very good at forgetting things, and I like giraffes because of their long necks.. and my heart is beating so loudly because.. I think you are beautiful."

 

Sooyoung blushed, but she was still very much confused, maybe even more now that Seunghoon had just confessed that he thought she was beautiful. "I-I-I missed my bus because of you..." Sooyoung's disappointing attempt to change the subject. 

 

Seunghoon tried to stay on track of what he was saying before he regretted it, "what I am trying to say is.. lets start over..." Seunghoon all of a sudden noticed the close distance between them. He noticed how she smelled like melons and mint, he noticed her cheeks turning red, and he noticed how much softer her skin looked from this distance and he noticed how her eyes were staring right into his.

 

"I want to get to know you better."

 

Sooyoung was lost for words, what are the chances that it won't end up like earlier. But what does she have to lose. 

 

Seunghoon felt rash about his sudden outburst to the girl who he had only known for less than two hours. "But if you don't want to.." 

 

Sooyoung shook her head lighty, "what did you have in mind?"

 

Seunghoons face lit up. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

I had no idea writing fanfiction was this hard. Kudos to other writers who take up this hearty challenge. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry that its a tad short and completely banal. 

But stay tuned!