월식 (lunar eclipse)

☀ My Happy Star (내 행복한 별)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon passes directly behind the Earth into its umbra, its shadow. This can only occur when the sun, the Earth and the moon are aligned in (in “syzygy”) exactly, or very close so, with the Earth in the middle,” the teacher read from the textbook in front of the classroom. They have been learning about eclipses for a few minutes now, having covered the solar eclipse not long ago.

Lunchtime came soon, and everyone put their books into their bags, stood up and left for the cafeteria. The student who helped Haneul earlier had stood next to her, “Hey, Haneul, right?” She asked, “I’m Minah,” she greeted.

The teacher saw them interacting and therefore decided that Minah would be the one to assist her in knowing her way around the school. Minah only smiled at the teacher and told her it wasn’t a problem.

Haneul followed her outside of the classroom. The hallways were still quite full when they got to the hallways, so she had to dodge a lot of students coming her way.

“So compared to other grades, ours is actually a bit different,” Minah began explaining, “it’s kind of weird, but that’s how it has turned out for some reason.”

Haneul only listened intently, while she continued to dodge students or they dodge her, “Yeah?”

“But our classes are actually divided into categories,” Minah continued, leaving Haneul confused, “We’re 2-C, right?” Haneul nodded, “Well the rest of our year considers as us the quiet ones,” Minah answered. Haneul was still confused, she could only blink, “2-A? Super intelligent ones. 2-B are the athletic students in our grade, and there’s us. Then there’s 2-D,” she paused. Haneul couldn’t help but think of the previous day, the boys having to clean the classrooms… were they from 2-D? “They’re mixed.”

“Wait, what?”

“They’re mixed,” Minah repeated, “I guess you can say they’re the normal class. They have smart ones, quiet ones, athletic ones and the bright cheerful class clowns,” she leaned closer and whispered to her, “They also have three of this school’s flower boys.” Both Minah and Haneul only smiled about it.

“Are they nice?”

“Hmmmm,” Minah began thinking, “For the most part, I guess,” she said, “Some are approachable, some only look approachable. Then some don’t look approachable and some are not approachable,” she continued, “At least maybe at first. I wouldn’t know, I’ve always been scared to approach the others.”

Haneul let out a soft chuckle, and they continued walking.

“Oh, look, there they are,” Minah told her excitedly, pointing at a near distance in front of them, “They’re coming. Don’t swoon,” she joked.

Haneul smiled, “I won’t,” she replied. ‘I guess I’ll only really ‘swoon’ at Seok,’ she thought.

They kept walking, just like everyone did, only a lot were paying more attention to the group of boys coming.

The students separated to the sides of the hallway, revealing Haneul in the middle.

Haneul quickly made her way to the side, following Minah, and they walked forward like it was nothing, “Most of the time, most of us don’t even pay attention to them,” she told Haneul, “It’s not like in the dramas where everyone drools over the flower boys. They don’t get special treatment either. They go over the line, they get hit,” Minah continued, “But sometimes, girls just can’t help to drool over them, you know.”

“I get what you mean,” Haneul replied after stifling a laugh.

Soon, they’ve passed the principal, as well as the group of boys and everything else was back to normal, not much changed anyways, it was just a huge group of boys walking together in a crowded hallway. Haneul did get a few looks by some of them though, but she thought it was only probably because she’s new.

 

 

When the school bell rang, the boys walked out their classrooms and met up in the hallway, dejected.

“Ah, I told you not to put in any extra efforts today,” Seokmin stated, “We weren’t even sure.”

“It was worth taking chances,” Joshua said, “If it was her, then what?”

“Honestly, we did it because of you, not because of her,” Mingyu added, “You’re over here dressed so perfectly with your uniform ironed just so you’d look good in front of her, why would we let you be the only one who looks good?” He joked.

“Tough luck, though,” Chan said, “We thought we could finally meet her.”

“Yeah, and we’ll make her tell you why she did what she did,” Seungcheol oathed.

“Cheol, that can be considered harassment, you know,” Jeonghan told him.

“We’re not gonna hurt her, we’re just going to force her to tell him why,” he countered.

“Pretty sure that’s still some kind of harassment,” Wonwoo remarked.

“Relax, we’re not gonna say mean things to her,” Seungcheol countered once again, “I’m not that type of guy, come on.”

“Then what exactly are you planning on doing?”

Seungcheol tilted his head to the side a little and grinned, “Guilt trip card.”

Jihoon stifled a laugh, “Like Seokmin’s gonna let you do that to her,” he said.

“He’s right,” Hansol agreed, “Seokmin hyung would be the one to feel guilty and just tell her everything,” he teased.

“Yah!” Seokmin turned around slightly to shout at the boy.

Behind him was the principal, and behind her, at the side, were two girls passing by. Luckily he was in one of the sides, leaving the principal in the middle, and the girls on the other side, not resulting with any human collision of some sort.

By the time Seokmin turned back around, he has passed the principal and the two girls just only just passed her too, but in the opposite direction.

Some of the boys fell into a surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter