월 목걸이 (moon necklace)

☀ My Happy Star (내 행복한 별)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m Kwon Soonyoung.”

Haneul shook his hands before replying. Her hands were soft, like really really soft. Soonyoung even thought it was softer than Jeonghan’s, and it kind of caught him off-guard, but that was probably because Jeonghan was the closest to a girl Soonyoung could ever hold hands with.

“I’m Kim Haneul,” she replied.

It was the first time he ever really heard her voice. Her normal voice. First time he saw her, Soonyoung only heard her low and scared voice.

“I’m so sorry for walking out of the café just like that,” she suddenly spoke, “I think I may have surprised everyone.”

“It’s alright, we were all just a little confused,” Soonyoung replied, maintaining his gentleness, “You should probably talk to Eunjoo, though, she’s her witch-mode.”

The girl gave a him a look of pure horror, and Soonyoung immediately regretted saying it, “Ah, hey, I’m just kidding,” he assured her, “If it was one of the boys, they would’ve been really confused and would argue that Eunjoo’s always on witch-mode.”

This time, Haneul’s lips curved up, and she heaved out a relieved sigh.

“You seem so afraid of Eunjoo,” the boy commented, “What did the dragon-lady do to you?” He let out a soft chuckle, with a grin so wide his lips could almost reach his ears.

“Nothing,” Haneul shuffled on her spot, hugging her knees, “She’s just upset about the stuff I did.”

Soonyoung opened his mouth, but hesitation prevented him from speaking. ‘She’s not the only one upset, though,’ was what he wanted to say.

“I’ve never really seen her that mad,” Haneul continued, resting her chin on her knees, “The thing you call her ‘witch-mode’ is very foreign to me.”

“I’m not surprised,” Soonyoung stated as he leaned back using his arms, “Seok did mention she took good care of you, and she just really dislikes us,” he ended with a small laugh, causing the girl beside him to snicker tenuously as well.

The moment it quieted down, Soonyoung looked up, “Anyways, I’d just like to ask if what you’re doing benefits either you or Seokmin at all,” his head turned to look at her.

“Both,” Haneul immediately replied, “Both of us.” There was not a single hint of hesitation in her voice.

After her response, Soonyoung looked up again and let his head just hang backwards, “Yet, it’s also the both of you hurting.”

Haneul’s head jolted up, and looked at the boy beside her, “Excuse me?”

He lifted his head up and looked back at her, he gave her a small comforting smile, “Seokmin’s clearly hurt. You are too.”

“That- That’s not true…”

“Is that so?”

Haneul nodded slowly.

“Then why did I see you turn around to look at him with the saddest eyes yesterday?” She was silent, her tongue got caught, and she had no idea how to reply, “You didn’t seem like you wanted to say the words you said… Whatever they were.”

“I… I did.”

“See, I don’t know you well. Everything I know about you, I only know from Seokmin. That guy just wouldn’t shut up about you,” He smiled to himself when he remembered that one time Seokmin shouted in excitement when he saw Haneul’s favourite book in the library, “But even so, I can tell that’s a lie.”

“Why does everyone think I’m lying?” Haneul bursted, “I’m tired of having to explain myself…”

He’ll be honest, Soonyoung was caught off-guard by the sudden outburst coming from the girl who looked so fragile. But he kept his composure, “Because… everyone knows that’s not how you feel…”

“How would you guys know?” Haneul looked away, and frowned to herself.

“We know about the confession letter, Haneul.”

It was enough to make Haneul freeze. It was bad enough she remembered Seokmin would’ve read it, but it’s even worse since the rest of his friends knew.

“Seokmin pretty much tortured himself for not knowing soon enough,” Soonyoung sat up properly, “Although it wasn’t really anyone’s fault.”

“He… he blamed himself?”

“Hm.”

Her eyes looked down on the grass for merely a second or two before her whole head swiftly turned to the front. Haneul’s eyes were more serious than ever, “All the more reason not to tell him anything.”

The brunette boy turned to her in confusion, but all he saw was Haneul grabbing her bag and standing up.

“I’m sorry, but can we leave your questions for another time?” She asked as she lifted her body up and put on her bag, “Preferably never, but if you insist, please remember I’m not obligated to answer.” She let out a deep sigh, “It was really nice meeting you, Soonyoung-ssi,” she bowed to him, “I’m glad Seokmin has a friend like you. You’re probably a much better friend to him than I ever could have been.” Haneul gave him a smile. It was a small smile. It didn’t have any meaning. It was empty.

With those words, Haneul her heels and began walking away, and out of the park.

Soonyoung could only watch her figure get further and fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter