Mornings

Walls
Please log in to read the full chapter

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
Your alarm blares in your ears, awaking you with a jolt. You groan and turn it off, rubbing your eyes and yawning. You sit up and look around in your groggy state. You hate waking up early. You decide to crawl in and check on Sunny, who's still asleep at the hour of 12 AM there. She's out like a light, clutching the teddy bear you got her. You smile warmly and kiss her forehead, crawling back into your room carefully. You get up and stretch, heading to the bathroom to do your usual morning routine. After showering and brushing your teeth, you enter your room again. You pick out your outfit, thanking mother nature for giving you a hot day. You put on a Guns N Roses tank top and some black shorts, along with your signature Converse sneakers. Looking in the mirror, you comb your hair, styling it. It's a half short, half long style, but no matter what anyone tells you, it is NOT A MULLET. It's more of a combination mohawk and long hair style, and you love it. You check the time and your eyes go wide. You didn't realize how much time you had wasted. You grab your bag and rush out, saying good morning to your mom on the way out. You run down the street to your best friend, Taeyeon's, house, where she's sitting on the steps waiting for you. 
"You're late." She says, standing up with her arms crossed. 
"Sorry, I lost track of time." You say, scratching the back of your neck. Taeyeon gives you a long stare, and after about 30 seconds, you both burst out laughing. 
"Too busy looking at yourself in the mirror, huh?" She says, chuckling as you two start walking. 
"Oh please, says the one who spends an hour every morning on makeup." You say, and she sticks out her tongue. 
"Not my fault I gotta look hot for the ladies." She says, doing a little pose and winking. 
"Try as you will, you won't get me, Tae. I have a girlfriend...and so do you!" You say, hitting her arm playfully.
"True. It's a shame she's not here to witness my beauty every day." She says, frowning. Taeyeon is dating Tiffany, Sunny's best friend back in America. They got introduced through you two, and now skype every day. Thinking of this, you chew on your lip in thought.
Should I tell Tae about the portal? It would be nice if she could send things to Fany through it with me. No, if I do that, she'll be upset that she can't go through and see her. I'll keep it to myself.  I mean-
*BONG*
"Owwwww!" You shriek, rubbing your forehead. Lost in thought, you had run right into a street light, which is now swaying a little from the impact. Taeyeon is just watching you, uncontrollably laughing. 
"Oh my god!" Taeyeon says in between laughs. "You just walked right into it! Ahahahahaha!" 
"Shut up!" You say, nursing your forehead. You look in your reflection in a puddle and notice a welt starting to form where you hit it. You groan in defeat, pointing at it to show Taeyeon. 
"Great, now I'm gonna have this on my head for a while." You say, frowning. 
"Eh, it's not that bad." Taeyeon says, stepping closer to inspect it. "It'll be gone in a week or so." 
Taeyeon wants to study to become a doctor, so she is constantly reading up on any and all things medical. It's a major plus for you, because you get to take advantage of free medical advice from a sarcastic smartass. But, she was your smartass. 
You sigh, annoyed, and return to walking, trying not to get lost in

Please log in to read the full chapter