Reading Minds

Strangest Year of My Life

 

The BOLD texts are the dialogue of the characters as they were talking to themselves or what their mind's saying rather.
 
=======================================================================================
 
~Author's P.O.V.
 
"SooYoung, you should stay in bed and get some rest.You're just a little low of iron." The doctor said at SooYoung while putting his things in his bag.
 
"Is there anything I can do?" Lizzy asked the doctor.
 
"Yes, get some sleep. You're a good friend to stay up all night monitoring her." The doctor said, and he looked on SooYoung.
 
"SooYoung, have your parents called me when they get back into town. I know the school nurse spoke to them, but I'd like to talk to them as well." The doctor added and he approached the door and opened it.
 
"OK. Thanks doc." SooYoung said, and the doctor leaved. Suddenly, Lizzy hugged her.
 
"You really had me worried." Lizzy said and released SooYoung from the hug.
 
"Lizzy, I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about." SooYoung said
 
"But seriously, are you ok?" Lizzy asked
 
"I had a terrifying nightmare." SooYoung said exaggerately.
 
"Your dreams are always terrifying!" Lizzy replied. "So what exactly is your dream?"
 
SooYoung took a deep breath.
 
"I was a cheerleader." SooYoung said, she looked at Lizzy and she saw Lizzy covering to prevent her from laughing. But Lizzy could not take it anymore.
 
"Bhahahaha! You?! A cheerleader?! AS IF! HAHAHAHA!" Lizzy laughed out loud. SooYoung just glared at Lizzy. Somehow Lizzy noticed it and she stopped laughing.
 
"Sorry. Go on, go on." Lizzy said.
 
"I saw ChangMin was dying and I was chased by a monster! There was nowhere to hide except inside a school that looked like ours. And a prom banner says 1959 on it." SooYoung said.
 
"Wait, did you say 1959?" Lizzy said widening her eyes. And SooYoung just nodded.
 
"That was the year that Florentine High had a huge fire. Haven't you seen the plaque in the History classroom? Students died!" Lizzy said.
 
"The fire started in the broiler room and it's been sealed off ever since!" Lizzy continued.
 
"That's where I was! In the broiler room!" SooYoung said to herself.
 
"This is awesome! Maybe you were channeling one of the students who died." Lizzy said.
 
"I guess it's possible.. I need to go to the library. Maybe there'll be some kind of newspaper article about the fire there." SooYoung said while looking at the mirror and fixing her hair.
 
"Thanks for the info Lizzy! You're such a great friend!" SooYoung added and she hugged Lizzy.
 
"Ta-ta-ta SooYoungie!" Lizzy said and released from the hug.
 
"Good luck! I'm sorry I can't go with you. I told my parents that I'll be home at 10." Lizzy said and she pouted.
 
"It's ok Lizzy. Take care."
 
"Take care too.. Bye!"
 
And then, Lizzy leaved.
 
~SooYoung's P.O.V.
 
I make my way towards the Library it's a walking distance actually because my house is just few blocks away from the Library. While I was walking, I found a cool watch on the ground but... Who dropped it? I just took it, who knows? Maybe the owner is out here somewhere.
Then, I continued walking and I saw a couple makin' out... eeeeew. And something just flashed.
 
"Last night....."
"Future together...."
 
Whoa! Who's talking? The couple infront of me makin' out? Why do I keep having those flashes lately? It's almost as if.... I can hear what people are thinking. Baah! Nevermind! I walked again, and suddenly I saw a man touching the garbage cans and..
 
FLASH!
 
"Where's my watch?!"
 
That flash again! I wonder if I can control it somehow. I tried to read the man's mind.
 
"Where's my watch?"
 
Maybe he is the owner of the cool watch I just found.
 
"Uhm..excuse me sir, are you lookin' for somethin'?"
 
"Yes! I lost my watch this morning, I thought I dropped it somewhere in this street."
 
"I think I found it. Here it is." I handed over the watch to the man.
 
"Thank you so much! You're a very honest person!" The man said and he leaved. 
 
I entered the library and hm.. Let's see... Facts.. I know that a cheerleader was murdered in our school in the 50's during a huge fire. It shouldn't be difficult to find clues. I'll just ask the librarian.
 
 
~End Of SooYoung's P.O.V.
 
====================================================================================
 

Yah! This is the most boring chapter of the story... tsss... thanks for subscribing and reading!! God bless!!