Chapter ll

Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I miss you,” he said, a hint of regret in his voice.

“No.” She breathed, “No. You can’t do that.”  she trembled as she tried to hold in the rage that was bubbling inside of her, threatening to spill over any second.

He stepped forward to wipe away a tear that had escaped and rolled down her cheek, but she slapped his hand aside with a violence that surprised them both.

“I’m sorry,” was all he could mumble, and she couldn’t help but laugh.

“You’re sorry?” she echoes, “You do not get to come back into my life like this. You aren’t allowed to walk out of my life and come back as if I didn’t spend the last six months convincing myself that you meant nothing to me.”

It was quiet, as if a passing thought, but he his warm brown eyes hardened as if she had hit the bullseye, “I still love you. You’re the only one I’ve ever really loved.”

“God, I want to believe you. I wish I did.” she murmurs, her eyes glancing up to meet his, “Like how I believed you when you said that you promised you’d stay, like when you told me time and time again that we’d travel the world together, move into a big house with our two beautiful girls.” she paused, tears streaming down her cheeks, “Girls because you would tell everyone, your mum, your sisters – that you wanted girls. You wanted them because you wanted to have little versions of me. I believed you.”

It was silent as he closed the gap between them, his arms slipping around her and tugging he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter