Chapter VIII

Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chuckling softly, she crossed her arms over her chest – as if that would bring her some comfort, “No one ever talks about leaving the good people,“ she said. “No one knows how to justify it.”

It was silent as she turned her head to glance up at the male standing next to her, the corner of her lips hitched upwards as she watched him stiffen, “Sometimes the only justification is that you don’t love them anymore. But what kind of reason is that?”

He knew she was talking about him, she knew that he knew that. She knew that when he told her that he stopped loving her, it ripped her world apart. She knew that he knew, but she wondered if he would ever know the aching that she felt in her chest in the middle of the night when she laid in bed. How thinking about her future made her cringe, because without him it seemed empty.

Biting down on her bottom lip, she turned to face him, “But it’s okay, because you can’t force someone to love you.”

Glancing down at the female, he frowned, “You know that I loved you.”

“You loved me.”

“Yes, I loved you.”

“That’s the difference between us. You loved me, but being the fool I am, I still love you,” she paused, “I love you to the moon and back but that doesn’t matter, right? Because a month later, you found her because I was just that easy to forget, because everything you ever said to me for three years were complete lies.”

She laughs, tears streaming down her face, “It doesn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter