Chapter 8

All up to time

It was Monday once more and this time Jun didn’t go to school instead she went to the university she was accepted to. The university, her parents and the school all talked about it and they are all okay with Jun wanting to go to university already. She hasn’t told her friends yet but she will tomorrow. She just told them she wasn’t feeling well and asked if they would come over to her house tomorrow after school. She wasn’t planning on attending class again tomorrow since she still needed to do finish something in the university before she can officially start. If Jun didn’t accept the invitation she would be starting university the same time as the other students but she wanted to go and the school didn’t mind, she just needs to go to school on some days. She wasn’t sure how her friends would be taking it but she hoped they will be able to understand her side and why she took the offer. 

 

She finally finished the last of the requirements needed before she can officially start attending classes in the university. She met all her professors and instructors already and told them that she would be absent on some days due to the agreement they had with her high school. The dean of the university was kind enough to explain it to them to and none of them seem to have a problem with it. Before leaving Jun received her own knife set and uniform for the year. The uniform can be worn during classes only and removed after since it may be a bit to hot to wear it around. She bought some snacks from a bake shop near the university and brought it home with her to feed to her friends.

 

“Wonder how long till they get here?” Jun asked herself after changing. Ironically when she sat down she heard the doorbell ring. She went down to answer the door and it was her friends. Nika, Katie and Liz all had a smile on her face when she answered the door.

“Hey guys, lets go up to my room.” Jun said. The three of them went up first while Jun prepared something for them to drink and got the snacks as well. Once upstairs Jun gave them their drinks and left the snacks on her study table. Once all of them seemed comfortable Nika broke the silence.

“Jun, why have you been absent for 2 days? Its not like you.” Nika said. Liz and Katie agreed with a nod.

“Well, that’s why you guys are here. I have something to tell you guys and you mustn’t tell any one. The teachers and the school have already been aware of this as well as my parents.” Jun said, but she wasn’t able to continue because Katie cut her off.

“You’re expelled?!?” Katie said out of no where.    

“No! Relax Katie, it isn’t something you really need to worry about.” Jun tried to calm her down.

“Then what is it?” Nika asked. Liz usually sat down and listened she didn’t like the feeling of tension so she didn’t bother to ask anything. Jun took a deep breath and just looked down, she was avoiding eye contact with her friends.

“I…. I got accepted into university already.” Jun said. She reached for the envelop on her bed side table drawer and handed it to Nika. Once Nika was once she handed it to Katie then to Liz and they all looked at Jun.

“YOU’RE ALREADY IN UNVERSITY?!” They all asked the same time. Even if Jun told them already they wanted to make sure.

“Yup.” Jun said still avoiding eye contact.

“Well we aren’t mad at you just pretty surprised.” Katie said and this made Jun look up and smile at her friends.

“So, how did it happen?” Liz asked.

“Well remember I was experimenting with a lot of different ingredient one time?” Jun asked, they should remember because they were the ones tasting what she was making.

“Yup!” Liz replied.

“Well I was practicing for this competition that involved cooking with random ingredients chosen by the judges. They wanted creativity and taste, skills and everything else was secondary. They wanted to see how well you can think on your feet and I personally thought it would be a fun experience. I also thought it would be good for my application since the some of the university instructors were judges in the completion.” Jun said.

“So I didn’t exactly win first place but the judges were impressed with my work. They talked to me after the completion and asked me to do some things that chefs and bakers usually know how to do in the kitchen.” Jun continued.

“I thought they were just curios but they asked me for my information such as name, school and if I applied for their university. They even did a short interview on why I joined the completion and I told them the truth, for experience and for my application. Then they even asked me what I wanted to achieve and I said I want to be able to own a café or a restaurant in the future. After a while my parents were able to join me because someone from the university also talked to them then we left. A few weeks later, before Suga’s birthday I got this and I was really surprised. My parents didn’t mind my choice of wanting to study and the school didn’t also. The university set up a meeting between our school, them and my parents.” Jun finished. Her friends were silent before tackling her to the bed.

“We’re so happy for you!” They said.

“Guys get off your so heavy!” Jun said trying to push her friends but they all ended up laughing and squishing her. Eventually they all sat down properly again and started to eat the snacks Jun brought to the room.

“So, will we still see you in school?” Nika asked.

“Ya, I’m going tomorrow. I just finished everything with the university today and I’m starting school next week but my professors have been informed I may not come to class.” Jun said, taking a bit of her pudding.

“Oh that’s cool.” Liz said. They talked for a little while longer before they all had to leave. Jun made sure that they understand that they aren’t suppose to tell anyone about her being in university. Once they left Jun couldn’t explain how relieved she felt after telling them the truth, it was like a big weight was lifted off her shoulders.

 

The next day in school wasn’t that bad. When people asked her why she was absent she would tell them that she wasn’t feeling well and the doctor told her to stay home and rest one more day. Luckily for her they all seemed to accept her excuse which was really good for Jun since she didn’t want people to know the truth yet. What really made her day was when she had Lunch with her friends plus Jimin, Jin and Jungkook. She didn’t have any run in with Suga the whole day. She was scared that she would see him first thing in the morning but luckily there wasn’t any confrontation. She went home by herself again, she need to talk to her group mates from college about their class homework. She wasn’t prepared for any confrontation between her and Suga yet, not after giving back the bear to him on his birthday.

“Hi mom” Jun greeted when she got home.

“Jun, I was meaning to ask you what do you want to do for your birthday?” Her mom asked. She forgot all about her birthday because she had to keep going back and fourth from college and school and she still had to do a bunch of paper work.

“Let’s just celebrate it at home. We can have an outdoor party and I’ll invite all my friends and we can invite Auntie Yuna and the rest.” Jun suggested. She was getting hungry and decided to open the fridge for something sweet. When she opened it she couldn’t believe that there was a box from her favorite bake shop.

“Mom did you buys these?” Jun asked and brought out the box. Inside was a slice of her favorite cake.

“Nope, Yoongi came over earlier and dropped it off. He said the cake was for you” Jun’s mom said not taking her eyes of the pad paper she was writing on. She didn’t know what to say, right at this moment Jun was speechless.

The week of her birthday was coming up and she hasn’t told her friends yet. She knew Yoongi would be there so it was only proper she invite the rest of his friends since she was already planning to invite Jin, Jimin and Jungkook. She was also planning to invite Kiki and Lala from her college classes since they got pretty close over the last few days Jun got to school. She pulled out her phone and sent the two of them a text since she was going to school today and not university. By the time she reached the classroom she received a reply from the two of them saying that they would attend and just message them the details.

 

“Jun!” Katie called her once she stepped inside the classroom. Jun waved at her before going over to her desk to leave her things.

“You guys are still coming over?” Jun asked. She had already messaged them about her birthday party as well as who she will be inviting.

“Yup, we won’t miss it for the world.” Liz said, they were shocked that Jun was inviting all of Suga’s friends to her party but she said she didn’t want anything awkward to happen and she already got to know the which made it fine for her to invite them. She was still going to tell them about it over lunch or over social media but she wanted to tell them when they weren’t with Suga.

 

The lunch bell rang meaning it was now time for their break. Liz and Nika left to go buy food for all them. They were sure that Jin, Jimin and Jungkook were coming over for lunch again today.

“Katie, I’m going to invite the guys to my party. My mom said it was fine and since we are already close to them I didn’t see a problem.” Jun said. Katie couldn’t help but let a small smile grace her lips before replying.

“Sure, it will also help keep Suga away from you. If you want, we can tell the guys to help keep him distracted.” Katie suggested. To Jun that was a good idea but at the same time she knew she had to confront him one way or another.

“Let’s see…..”