Chapter 6

All up to time

It is Saturday morning and Jun was still asleep. She has been sleeping late the whole week so she really needed the all the sleeping time she could get. By the time it was 11 Jun woke up but she stayed in bed for a while before getting up and doing her business in the bathroom. Her parents weren’t home today since they both have meetings to attend to which meant Jun had the whole house to herself.

“I should start soon” Jun said, while booting up her laptop. She changed her clothes grabbed her phone and laptop then went down to the kitchen. She checked her laptop for any notifications before preparing her ingredients.

“I’ll make the cup cakes first since they still need to cool then the cookies.” Jun said to herself while changing the page of the recipe book. She made the cupcake batter and scooped it into the respective cups in the pan. Once it was in the oven she the timer and started the cookie batter. Since the cookie batter finished faster then the cupcakes Jun placed them first in the refrigerator. Once she heard the timer ring she went to check on the cupcakes, when she was sure it was okay she pulled the out and placed them on a cooling rack. She greased the tray for the cookies and started to scoop the batter with an ice cream scoop and aligned them in a row.

“I’ll need to make the icing already then chill it.” Jun looked through the recipe book and found the recipe she was looking for and started to make it. By the time she was finished with the icing the cookies were almost done. She pulled it out of the oven and placed them on a cooling rack next to the cupcakes. Since she was done for now she took a mini break and made herself something to eat.

 

By the time it was 3 in the afternoon Jun had finished packing all the baked good she had made for her friends, she even placed small letters in each package. She sent a text to Yoongi’s mom to ask if she cold pass by to drop something off and they just replied her with an okay. She sent a message to her parents saying she would be dropping things off at their place and they were fine with it.

‘Hopefully he isn’t there’ Jun thought before locking up the front door. She made sure she had the mint cupcakes for Yoongi and the mint and banana cupcakes for his parents. She could have given it to him on Monday but that would mean face to face interaction with each other and she wasn’t prepared for that yet. She also knew it would be best to eat the baked good fresh but if its after a day or two that would be alright as well.

‘Here I am. Please say he won’t be home’ Jun said as she approached the front door. As she rang the doorbell her heart was pounding so hard as if she was running a marathon.

“Coming!” She heard from the inside but she wasn’t sure who it was. She was to busy trying to control her breathing she didn’t realize the door was open.

“Hi.” Jun immediately looked up and couldn’t believe who it was.

“Ummm… Hi Yoo-….Suga.” She wasn’t so sure if she should call him Yoongi at the moment.

“I made you some mint cupcakes and I made some for your parents as well but their box has some banana cupcakes.” Jun said avoiding any form of eye contact. She looked up just a bit and caught a quick glimpse of the expression he had on his face. He didn’t seem that surprised but at the same time he didn’t seem that happy.

“Oh, really thanks for giving us some.” Yoongi replied, not taking his eyes of Jun. She slowly handed the bag to Yoongi and felt his hand brush against hers. Once she was sure the bag was in his hands she couldn’t help but hold her hand with her other hand and tried to stop herself from blushing.

“I better go now. See you in school Yoo-… Suga” Jun said and this time she looked up at him. She turned around and was about to walk away when Yoongi suddenly grabbed her hand. He placed the bag on the floor before pulling her towards him. She was a surprised with what was happening that she didn’t notice that he was leaning in for a kiss. By the time it hit her Yoongi had already pulled away from her.

“I-I……. BYE!” Jun yelled. She pulled away from Yoongi and ran away from him. She didn’t know what had happened all she knew was she lost her first kiss to the guy she liked but didn’t like her back. Her tears wouldn’t stop even when she reached her house. She knew why it wouldn’t stop but at the same time she didn’t understand why. She was kissed by the guy she liked and she should be happy about it but deep down she was actually disappointed of herself. She felt like she just committed a major sin against him and his girlfriend even if he was the one who initiated the kiss in the first place. Jun grabbed her teddy bear once more and just laid in bed just waiting for all her tears to stop flowing. 

 

When Yoongi heard the door bell right, he was a bit surprised because he wasn’t expecting anyone and his parents didn’t tell him anyone was coming over. He was sitting in the living room watching TV and chatting with his friends. He was also trying to think of what to give Jess for valentine’s day. He knew it would still be a month before he actually had to do something but he felt like it.

“Coming” he yelled not knowing who was at the door. When it was finally reveled who was behind the door he couldn’t really believe it.

“Hi.” He greeted. She took a quick glance at him before replying.

‘What is she doing here?’

‘Mom or dad didn’t say anything’ He was so lost in his thoughts that the only thing that got his attention was when she said ‘Mint cupcakes’

“Oh really, thanks for giving us some.” Yoongi replied. He’s been craving her cupcakes for a while and the last time he had any was during new year. Before he could comprehend once more what was happening he pulled Jun towards him and kissed her. When Jun pulled away and left he immediately looked at the direction she was running to.

“I’m so stupid why did I do that?!” Yoongi said once he was sure Jun was gone. He grabbed the bag he placed on the floor and went back into the house. He brought the baked good to the kitchen and slowly unpacked it. He placed the one for his parents on the table and took his with him to the living room. Before he opened the lid he saw a small envelope on top tapped to it. He grabbed it and opened it, finding a note written in Jun’s penmanship.

 

‘Yoongi,

I hope you’ll enjoy these cupcakes. I know you’ve been craving for them even if you don’t tell me. I wish you luck with your relationship and your studies. Good luck with everything you want to do.

 

Ps. If you want you can give this to her as a valentine’s day gift and just tell her you bought it

 

Sincerely,

Jun       ‘